1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

for people who've bought piaa 510's

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by zero niner, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Jan 29, 2009 at 10:31 PM
    zero niner

zero niner [OP] romeo oscar bravo

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Pacific Northwest
    Vehicle:
    09 DC SB Prerunner
    All Pro front plate bumper, 5100 1.75" Bilstein up front, 1" block and TSB in rear, UWS lowpro tool box, Toyota Side Steps
    Hello,

Gonna get my All-Pro Bumper soon so I was wondering if you purchased the driving or fog light of the PIAA and why? The factory fog lights only make up a bit of light below the regular headlights, and I'd like to get more light out of my second set so I'm in the air about fog vs. driving. Thanks for your feedback!

Rob

2. Jan 30, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    I've got PIAA 540 fog lights. They're not nearly as good/bright as the stock fogs.

If you're looking for more lighting - you're better off getting a 'driving' light (not fogs).

However - check with your local vehicle code/laws on the legalities of fog/driving lights. Here in PA - you can only run fog lights with low beams and driving lights with high beams. I actually have mine wired to go on anytime. However - when I get my truck inspected, I have to disconnect them from the power so I'll pass inspection. You'll wanna keep that in mind for when you install them (I have a separate plug for easy disconnecting).
    Also in PA - they have to be 20" apart center-on-center.

To Top