1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

for sale: 2005 trd sr5 offroad manual transmission tacoma truck

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by tacomeontherange, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Oct 19, 2013 at 5:07 PM
    tacomeontherange

tacomeontherange [OP] this ain't no picnic

Member:
    central KY
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 tacoma TRD
    large hole in frame
    SOLD SOLD SOLD

a nearby dealership has the same truck with 20k less miles and a 5-speed automatic transmission with an asking price of 18,5 and a retail value of $20,000. They say nothing about the frame.

our truck:

This sale is for one 2005 Toyota Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad pickup truck, access cab model. Mileage: 155,811

This truck has a 6 speed manual transmission and a 6 cylinder engine.

This vehicle is being sold AS IS, WHERE IS, with no warranties or guarantees implied.

This truck has lots of features, rides nicely, and is comfortable to drive.

We are the second owners and have complete maintenance / repair records from our time of ownership. The previous owner had a Toyota shop handle all major mileage service points and oil changes. I can see a lot of the latter in the online service records from Toyota. The only mechanics to service this truck during our ownership have been at the dealership.

We are selling this truck because we have a daily driver and this truck is now surplus to our needs.

Nonsmoking vehicle.

Allergy note: dogs have ridden in the passenger area. The truck is clean but I know that this can be an issue for people with pet allergies.
    This truck has a new frame as replaced and installed by Toyota. We had the truck in for new brakes when the technician noticed a corroded section of the original frame. After some deliberation Toyota decided that it was appropriate for the frame to be replaced and they did so. We have driven this truck for 2,000 miles since the frame swap and there have been no issues following the replacement. The truck drives / handles / rides nicely.

bed size is approx 73" x 52" wide (not accounting for wheel wells). Bed has two d-rings on floor at tailgate side and toyota track rail system at cab and sides with 2 track rings on each side.

OPEN RECALLS

One open
    recall for this vehicle is for a child safety restraint sticker which needs to be affixed to the manual.

CONDITION NOTES

Compass is dead -- needs solder repair -- happened when battery was replaced. This is a common issue on these trucks. There is a weak solder spot on the circuit board for the compass unit, this is well known and tips for the repair as well as people offering repair service are widespread. I just never got around to doing the fix or replacing the component.

Blower motor: I replaced the defroster / heater / AC blower fan with an aftermarket one. Works fine on speeds 1 through 3, at highest setting it vibrates. Most likely needs to be reseated. Generally I've never required the highest fan setting so this has not been an issue for us.

Road noise: truck occasionally has harmonic noise in crosswinds at 70mph. There is a TSB on the possible cause but I don't think our situation relates to the TSB. Could it be trim or the skid plate? We thought the noise had been eliminated after the frame swap -- indicating body or trim -- but it has come back infrequently. Crosswinds need to be fairly heavy for this to occur.

One rear seat handle has cracked - still functions fine.

Carpet on the backside of the pull down rear seats is pilling heavily. not sure why, very fuzzy.

Two of the rubber anti-skid strips are off one of the rear bench seat backs.

Fogged headlight lenses: headlight lenses have fogged a bit. I am selling new aftermarket replacements in a separate listing.

Some loss to powdercoating of bed rail track at back of cab side and on driver's side. Cosmetic.

Underhood fuse / relay box has broken latch. has not been an issue. I'm not sure when or how this occurred. I only noticed it when I needed to replace something in the box.

Razor cuts on tailgate interior plastic panel: the plastic interior/bedside panel of the tailgate has numerous razor knife cuts where I had been working. They are not deep but they are there.

Cap broken off one of the 12v outlets on the dash console. Consider this easier access to the socket.

Original owner's manual got soaking wet and became mostly unusable. Will supply that as well as a replacement manual which was not confirmed as 100% equivalent.

4WD COMMENTS

We had only a few occasions to need to shift into 4WD high or low, the mechanism worked correctly and smoothly. We haven't had enough snow lately so it was either rough& steep gravel road or heavy rain on asphalt that called for 4wd.

PAINT & BODY COMMENTS

We purchased this with a few small paint spots which had been repaired with touch up. Having put a good amount of highway miles on it ourselves, there are a few paint chips etc but nothing excessive. A few at the hood edge seem to be heaviest. There is a scratch or 3 in the plastic bumper and fenders (see photo with my outstretched finger - this is at the corner of the front bumper). We took it offroad only once during our ownership and put some scratches in the clear coat which do not go to the paint level. There is a spot of surface paint loss at the driver's side door sill, as if the top coat has been coming off; visible but I don't see it as significant.

Each panel of the truck has a few tiny pits or paint chips. Surfaces with more exposure to road debris have a higher incidence (e.g. the front pillars), very few seem to be down to the metal. There is a cluster of 8 small chips at the passenger side rear corner near the tail light areas.

I noticed one very small stone chip on the windshield surface.

This vehicle was never in an accident in our ownership or that we are aware of previously - carfax reports clean. I noticed one very faint, small, dent impression on the bedside of the cab to the right of the rear window -- about as big as my thumb pad (see photo of my finger next to rear window seal). There is a similar thumb-sized impression on the roof at the driver's side -- no damage to the paint in either case. No other dings or dents that I am aware of.

Generally it's a good exterior that presents well. For longevity I suppose a few dabs of touch up or clearcoat will address the small chips.

INTERIOR CONDITION COMMENTS

With exception of items noted above: clean interior, carpeting and headliner in nice condition. Front seats were covered with TRD neoprene seat covers a week or two after we got the truck -- and the original surfaces were in nice condition then, so they remain clean. Interior is clean with a neutral vehicle odor. I do not use armorall or similar dressings. The lens of the instrument cluster shows rub marks / faint cleaning scuffs -- must have occurred before our ownership -- does not impact visibility. Normal wear to radio face & climate controls etc.

UPGRADES /AD-ONS

The truck in this listing will sell with the following already installed:

• UWS step bars
    • Neoprene seat covers - TRD branded OEM. These went on the front seats approx 2 weeks after we bought the truck.
    • Weathertech heavy duty floor mats -- factory mats were missing when we purchased the truck.

SELLING IN SEPARATE LISTINGS

• aftermarket headlight units - will install for you - left and right side
    • wiper blades: trico teflon shield, left & right sides.
    Maintenance history - major items:
    vehicle is up to date with all manufacturer recommended service points / intervals

01/15/2014 water pump and thermostat replaced. water pump is an Aisin WPT-802, thermostat is an OEM 160310P010.
    01/09/2014 recall repair on access cab seat belt & multi-point inspection
    10/18/2013 replaced right front axle seal (9031147013)

10/15/2013 used car inspection. right front axle seal leak identified

7/30/2013 lower oil pan resealed following discovery of small leak. rear brakes adjusted.
    7/30/2013 Replaced air conditioner magnetic clutch relay and 10amp fuse. AC works correctly. Records from previous owner's repair history show that the compressor etc were replaced under warranty in April 2006.

4/10/2013 Serpentine belt replaced. Had been replaced previously but for some reason it failed and split.
    4/6/2013 Shift lever assembly replaced (3353035642). The bushings were shot and the stick was not maintaining the gear pattern.
    4/3/2013 Frame replaced (FRAME SUB-ASSY 5100104480 and related components) - as discussed above, original frame had corrosion issues.
    4/3/2013 Control arm assembly replaced (x2) (4806904040)
    4/3/2013 brakes replaced, pads & rotors

5/14/2012 - tune up, spark plugs replaced, differential / transfer case / transmission fluid replaced. manual transmission service; 4wd transfer case service; front & rear differential fluid; throttle body cleaned; 6 cylinder tune up - new plugs

9/7/2011 - both front bearings & hubs replaced
    8/23/2011 4 new tires, Yokohama Geolandar AT-S P265 70R16 111S, at 134,236 miles

8/8/2011 new engine battery, OEM Truestart
    04/20/2009 - TRANSFER ASSY 3611035530 & SENSOR, SPEEDOMETER 8318112020 replaced.

05/04/2006 rear bumper 5215104060 replaced under warranty due to rust

04/04/2006 air conditioner compressor (8832004060) and magnetic clutch assembly (8841004061) replaced under warranty

oil changes, regular maintenance, multipoint inspections all done on regular schedules.

USED CAR INSPECTION

We had a used car inspection done by a different Toyota dealer shop in the area on 15 October 2013. The one actionable item is leak at the right front axle seal, has been repaired. The other item of note, with no recommended action at this time, was corrosion on the exhaust system.

TIRE TREAD DEPTH / BRAKE LINING

The used car inspection reported all four tires at 10/32. The front brakes are at 10mm and the rear are at 3mm, all other components checked OK.

VIEW IN PERSON / INSPECTION
    This vehicle can be seen in the Louisville-Lexington KY area at the seller's availability.

100_1453.jpg
    100_1454.jpg
    100_1475.jpg

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Oct 22, 2013 at 6:46 AM
    tacomeontherange

tacomeontherange [OP] this ain't no picnic

Member:
    central KY
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 tacoma TRD
    large hole in frame