1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For those of you thinking of buying from Rago Fabrication

Discussion in 'Vendor Reviews' started by Rome604, Jul 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:39 PM
    Rome604

Rome604 [OP] I am the Captain now

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    I figured I would share my recent experience with Rago Fabrication (@ragofabrication). I was playing around on their site and put their Economy Mid-level Bed Rack in my cart. I decided not to purchase it that night and I got an email from them later on that gave me a 10% discount code if I wanted to complete the purchase. Another 10% off? Sure I'll buy it. I followed the link and paid for the rack. I got a purchase confirmation email. GREAT, I'm done...or so I thought.

I've attached the email I received from from Melissa Rago which said,

"Hello David!

We received your order and it is on its way into our production schedule. Unfortunately, you took a discount on the order and the item was already on sale. I can either cancel your order or send you an invoice for the difference. Please let me know.

Melissa Rago"

I've also attached my response (hopefully it will be visible). In short, she canceled my order over $25 when it was their mistake. Maybe I'm old school but I figure its pretty lame to cancel an order when the mistake was theirs.

Before you tell me to stop complaining; I'm not telling you where to spend your money. This is just to give you an idea of who you're doing business with. I'll probably go with a real bed rack now. Digging the C4 Fab rack.RAGO1st.jpg RAGO.jpg

gulzeb, rngr, Nickel and 10 others like this.
  2. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:48 PM
    tacoflavoredkisses1

tacoflavoredkisses1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDOR DCSB (SOLD)
    I can't read what you posted in the pics, but I don't really have a problem with them offering to invoice you or cancel it.

You can't expect them to lose money.

My sister runs a shop online and the weird shit people try to pull and get upset over is ridiculous. She'll post a sale that's clearly for a set time. Someone will put it in their cart during that time, leave it for weeks, then complain when it doesn't work when they finally decided to buy it (weeks after the sale is over). Then they expect some sort of concession, and then act like my sister is being an unreasonable bitch when she doesn't give them an ultra discount for their troubles.

3. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:56 PM
    beertimecontinuum

beertimecontinuum What's outside the simulation?

Member:
    First Name:
    Everett
    Ky,Earth,SolarSystem,MilkyWay,VirgoSupercluster
    Vehicle:
    10 Pyrite DCSB VEEEEEE 1.618
    FoxShox, Dirt King Heims, Chevy63s, 2UZ-FE V8 Flowmaster 40, Demello Front/DYF Rear w/Swigouts, BAMF sliders, DYFAF
    I can read what was posted. Siding with OP on this one. Offering the discount on an "abandoned cart" is something online retailers do to close on sales. It's possible they didn't intend for the system to extend the discount, also possible this is a planned tactic. Not trying to bash Rago or anyone. I would have probably done the same as OP.

4. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:56 PM
    Rome604

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    I agree that your scenario is unreasonable. I followed the link they provided. If they can't get their website to work properly maybe they should hire a real website designer.

henryp, Nickel, archerm3 and 10 others like this.
  5. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:56 PM
    Porter707

Porter707 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 F-250 Powerstroke
    Maybe you should look up the definition of Integrity.

Also, as they stated they would be losing money on the transaction if they let it slide, they're a small Veteran and Family run business. The system that alerted you of and additional 10% savings is automated, and as she clearly stated and explained, should not have been applied as the item was already on sale.

Not sure what you're trying to get out of this? Just as you clearly stated to them, it's just $25?

jeff b, JoeCOVA, T4RFTMFW and 3 others like this.
  6. Jul 5, 2017 at 6:59 PM
    9TRDTCO

9TRDTCO Well-Known Member

Member:
    You can't expect a company to want to loose money, but again loosing a sale and a customer for $25 and risking him post stuff like this online? I would've just let the customer have the item, IMO ofcourse.

:crapstorm:

smw62891, ChadsPride and Txexplorer like this.
  7. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:01 PM
    Rome604

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    in·teg·ri·ty
    inˈteɡrədē/
    noun
    noun: integrity
    the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

Nickel, ChemDawg, Spare Parts and 2 others like this.
  8. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:03 PM
    Porter707

Porter707 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2020 F-250 Powerstroke
    Correct, she clearly and honestly responded as to why she could not give you the 10% on top of the sale price.

opentang, ramonortiz55 and ChadsPride like this.
  9. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    tacoflavoredkisses1

tacoflavoredkisses1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    16 TRDOR DCSB (SOLD)
    So any yokel who complains can hold them hostage with a negative review? They kind of seem like they are being straight up with op. He just wants special treatment.

TTT, Ch78, HutchJ and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:04 PM
    Braves95

Braves95 Go Clemson Tigers

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM TRD Off Road DCSB P&T 6MT
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    No way is that cool. They can lose the 25.00 and I'll bet they will make sure it didn't happen again. OP is right on this one. I ordered from autoanything kings front and rear. Put in my cart and got pulled away. They were cheaper than anyone. I get a email later saying buy and they will give me 12% off the items in cart. I jumped on it.
    So they should honor it. Get on the horn with the Web designer/ programmer. If it's on their end they pay them back. If not make sure it didn't happen again. And then tell OP what happened they will honor it. 2 things might happen if they did so. OP says u know I feel bad I'll pay the xtra. Or sorry to hear that but come on here and tell everyone what great service and they stand behind their pricing.

MightyP, tacos33, Nickel and 7 others like this.
  11. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:07 PM
    Rome604

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Alexandria, VA
    Vehicle:
    2023 TRD Pro Sequoia
    I've let it go. I'm already shopping for another rack. Like I said in the original post, I am not telling you where to spend your money.

Nickel, archerm3, tomwil and 4 others like this.
  12. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    PapaBear

PapaBear Never test how deep the water is with both feet.

Member:
    First Name:
    Austin
    SIN CITY
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB PR 4.0... Aaaand she’s GONE
    Soft Suspension Hard Rubber ®
    Unless they have some secret sauce down in the fine print (which I don't see), they pulled you in with the coupon, you used the coupon, and they are failing to complete your order because there system messed up. That's a lost customer in my book. She may have owned up in the email but as always "The customer is always right". She should have put it aside, completed the order, and fixed the system. That's how it always works. (there are special circumstances, but this was not one of them)

13. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:08 PM
    9TRDTCO

9TRDTCO Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well said, totally agree

14. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:09 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Fab Fours Bumper Block Heater Dual Exhaust Flow Master Smittybilt 12k Winch Synthetic Rope Bed Mat Roof Rack Puddle Lights 17" Rockstar Wheels NittoTerra Grapplers Power TailGate Lock Tonneau Cover w/lights Mobtown sliders MT Remote Start Tinted Windows Front And Rear Camera BRC Competition Diff Breather Bed Step Weather tech Floor Mats TRD Pro Tail lights TRD MT Shift Knob ARB dual compressor URD short shifter Kings 2.5 OEM W/remote resi. Click adjuster.
    But it's not the consumers fault. The fault is with someone else. All the OP did was follow their link. Paid. They need to find where the error is. Fix and move on. If it's with someone else that someone else pays. But he's moved on and so will I. I'm outta here.

smw62891, Spare Parts and Rome604[OP] like this.
  15. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:10 PM
    stun gun

stun gun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaronski
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    17 4X4 sr5spd/01 LT sr5spd
    Guilt tripping a small business with words like "integrity" into losing money, because of a mistake, because a person wants something... the whole situation sucks, and it takes reasonable people, not "integrity" hardliners (who are often full of shit, I've noticed, in my personal face to face interactions) to resolve what should have been a basic problem. Now it just looks like a cat fight over 25 bucks. But of course someone will come back with some cock-ass explanation about what integrity is, and how it's the principle of a thing, and REALLY all I read is "I want something cheap and they won't honor a mistake" it's all bullshit.

16. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:11 PM
    ramonortiz55

ramonortiz55 Not A Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ramon
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 DCSB Offroad 4x4
    stock
    *reads thread, purchases from Rago Anyways*

17. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    But when he placed the order he didn't know it was a MISTAKE. Now if he knew that's a different story. No where in his explanation did he want something for nothing. They came to HIM and asked HIM to come back. If you do here's THIS. But please when your done paying and you think ur getting the deal you aren't because: well we will email you later. Crock of shit!!

18. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:14 PM
    stun gun

stun gun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaronski
    Vehicle:
    Tacomas.
    17 4X4 sr5spd/01 LT sr5spd
    K.

Brokinarrow and HutchJ like this.
  19. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:15 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Greed? He did what they wanted. Come check out and we will give u something. Where's the greed?

gulzeb, Nickel, archerm3 and 4 others like this.
  20. Jul 5, 2017 at 7:16 PM
    Braves95

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central PA
    Vehicle:
    And how was he to know it was AUTOMATED?

9TRDTCO, tomwil and tacomavoyager like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top