1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For those of you with D29xl extra leaf for your Dakars...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Eesh, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Oct 1, 2010 at 4:12 PM
    Eesh

Eesh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Regina, Sask., Canada
    Vehicle:
    trd Sport
    For those of you with D29xl extra leaf for your Dakars... Did you need to buy longer center pins???

2. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM
    DaveSmith

DaveSmith Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD Offroad
    I can let you know in two weeks if that helps at all. I have some on order.

1. Does anyone know what kind of height increase the D29xl add a leafs add to the rear, when added to saggy OME Dakar packs? Wheelers says 15mm increase in spring height but I'm wondering how much the added leaf adds to the OME Dakar pack over all.

2. Is anyone else dissapointed in the OME Dakar leaf packs? I've had them for about 6 months under the load of a Leer Top and full size spare and they are about shot. I need to add an extra 150 lb Knnack tool chest and am afraid I'll be dragging the back end. I wonder if I got a bad set?

3. Mar 15, 2011 at 8:36 PM
    907taco

907taco Alaskan Assassin

Member:
    First Name:
    Bobby
    Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2010 BlackSandPearl 4x4
    ultimate lift kit ( toytec ) ome dakar leaf pack , w/ extended length billies, LR uca's, Pro comp 7089s, KM2's 285 70 17, neoprene seat covers, weather techs, CBI sliders w/kickout, URD ss, cab mount chop, VHT night shade tint>tails,3rd B-light. Debadged. Grillecraft grille, rear diff breather mod. CBI Moab front bumper, warn M8000 winch, HID kragens 7", Hella's micro fogs. retrofit headlights HIDS, LED solutions maps/license! 886 back up light mod,
    no problems with mine, i have loaded some heavy cords of wood, and bed loaded with 600 lbs plus, my extended length billies on the other hand have leaked a bit of oil out of them but the leaf pack seems to being doing fine.

To Top