1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

For those with a SnugTop Rebel, I have some questions

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016+)' started by Taconator_, May 16, 2018.

1. Jan 24, 2019 at 5:24 PM
    garbagebarge

garbagebarge Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have a SnugTop Sport Hi-Liner.

Got the power locking rear glass, it's very handy. Absolutely worth it not to be fumbling for keys in the rain or wondering if I forgot to lock it.

Also got the sliding + fold down rear window.

Sliding window let my passenger grab a backpack from the bed while on a road trip without stopping... pretty neat. Had to fold the window down to make some long trim lumber fit at an angle, and was glad I got that option too.

I got the standard sliding windows. Fwiw, the Hi-Liner Sport has its windows higher up than other toppers (they're above the truck window line, lol) so I'm not sure getting the windoor options would have been much good without a step stool (I'm 5'10")

2. Jan 24, 2019 at 7:06 PM
    203 West

203 West Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    The Snugtop cap has been great so far. I really like the functionality of it. We travel quite a bit in my truck, and it's been great to load up the back with all our stuff. At Christmas, we definitely had more stuff in there than would have fit under a tonneau. I carry a rooftop tent too, so the cap (with Prinsu rack) has worked very well.

My wife is happy that I got the cap. The fact that all our gear stays dry is a win/win.

I guess the decision between tonneau and cap is - what do you plan on carrying back there?

3. Jan 24, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    TSP

TSP New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma DCLB Off-Road
    When I’m camping, fishing, backpacking I plan to carry all the necessary stuff. I have a dog (lab) and it is tight with the wife and two kids in the front and I don’t feel comfortable driving with him long distances in the back. This is a driving force for the shell. Other than that pretty much normal mundane things - work, store, school and soccer practice for the kids, etc. If I did get a shell I would try to do a sleeping platform with the notches in the Tacoma bed, have you done this before? Also, it looks like you have a lift how much of a lift do you have? Thanks.

4. Jan 28, 2019 at 4:51 PM
    ActionHank

ActionHank Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Action
    Vehicle:
    I drive a honda
    Looks fine to me. I feel like it blends in with all the commercial trucks or other older folk with shells on :)

5. Feb 11, 2019 at 8:38 AM
    rogue.tacoma

rogue.tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    So people with the Rebel and Sportsman Package, are the Yakima tracks installed on the thick honeycomb area or outside the honeycomb structure?

6. Feb 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    203 West

203 West Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad 4x4
    The top seems to be the same thickness throughout, but I can't tell where there is or isn't the honeycomb since it's all concealed. I'd ask Snugtop.

Products Discussed in

To Top