1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

? for Yakima roof rack owners

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TacoDawgs, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Jan 29, 2012 at 5:43 PM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    I've decided to go with the Yakima rack instead of OEM. I was wondering if yall found the SKS lock cores necessary for the rack. Isn't the rack installed by clipping under the door anyway? So if you leave the truck and close and lock the door, the rack couldn't be stolen.

2. Jan 29, 2012 at 7:03 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC SPORT 6MT
    885's, OME Nitros, AP 3" leafs, DTLT's, Magnaflow Exhaust, TRD SS, AFE prodry S, URD Maf Cal, Exedy Clutch, URD TOB, Bhlm, AP winch bumper, Daystar 9" lights, OEM roof rack, Yakima fairing, Bed & rock lights, Sony Sub & Amp, 48" Hi Lift, 4X sliders,
    I have locks on my Yakima, but I think it can be forced out by loosening the adjustment bolt even with the doors closed.

3. Jan 29, 2012 at 7:11 PM
    GuapOh

GuapOh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 4x4 MT
    Skid Plate, Hood Protector, Wheel Locks, Snugtop XV, Yakima Rack, Weathertechs, Sick Speed Shifter, Avid Bumper, Avid Sliders, Bilstien 5100's, TSB Spring packs
    You need the locks. Get'em.

4. Jan 29, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    ppham444

ppham444 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phuong
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double cab 4X4 TRD Sport with JBL
    Redline Tuning hood struts, tinted windows, FX-R HID projector retrofit headlights, AMP power steps
    Your rack is worth a lot. Spend a few more bucks for piece of mind and keep it secured.

5. Jan 29, 2012 at 7:46 PM
    Hairy Taco

Hairy Taco Masterbrachiator

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Manitoba
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD
    I am not sure what you say is true. The lock prevents the latch from lifting. If someone is able to lift the latch they could probably wiggle the clip out from under the door with the extra play they would have. With the latch secure, and the rack on tight there will be no wiggle and no chance of theft short of seriously damaging your truck. Get the locks!

6. Jan 30, 2012 at 5:23 AM
    TacoDawgs

TacoDawgs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2008 Radiant Red DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    Front 5100s at 1.75. Rear TSB. LoRider tonneau cover. OEM bed mat. OEM bug deflector. Illuminated 4x4 switch. In cab AC outlets. 400W anytime. EGR in channel window visors. Black badges. Rear weathertech liners.
    Thanks for the replies everyone. This was the thought I had as well but just wanted to double check before I spent money on something I possibly didn't need. I will definitely get the locks now.

To Top