1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

for you older/ wiser folks. help me...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by LAoffroadin, May 18, 2012.

1. May 18, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    LAoffroadin

LAoffroadin [OP] BURY ME WITH MY TACO!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc
    Ive been haveing this crazy itch in my wallet area. I want to buy EVERYHING for my taco. How do you stop this before the wife decides to leave? haha

2. May 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    Limit yourself to a monthly parts budget. If something is out of that budget save up for it.

3. May 18, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4
    ICON stage 5 coilers w/ ICON ucas, dakar leaf pack with Fox rears, k&n cai, LED cab light, raceline 16 inch wheels , toyo m/t 33",painted front yota emblem gloss white, retrofit headlights with mirrimoto 3 " lenses running the 6k headlights. Bhlm, bestopper, wet okole seat covers (max 4), weather tech mats,winch with piaa fogs. All pro apex front bumper. Sliders etc

easier said... we arent in a money crisis we are more than fine but i just want to prevent that fom happening ya know

4. May 18, 2012 at 12:38 AM
    boshak

boshak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AG
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2003 Manual 4x4 5VZ-FE
    Make a list of your potential mods. Rank by priority... Most needed and by price. Go from there. Only YOU can prevent forest fires and spending like a madman.

5. May 18, 2012 at 12:39 AM
    LAoffroadin

Member:
    First Name:
    Joshua
    Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2012 offroad 4x4

this is a good idea,.... but i only need one more thing... UCA's.... hmmmm guess theyll wait

6. May 18, 2012 at 6:14 AM
    Maticuno

Maticuno Resident Pine Swine

Member:
    California High Deserts
    Vehicle:
    2011 Suburban 2500
    JBA Shorty Headers, Flowmaster FlowFX Sing/Dual Exhaust
    This. My wife and I have a white board in our office with columns of expenditures, a total of four. One side are my "want" and "need" purchase lists, the other side are my wife's.

7. May 18, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS, lol............You have to match her mod for mod with something she wants. Call it a bribe, equal discretionary expenditures, tit for tat, I buy you buy we both buy buy or whatever. Keeps you out of trouble but may extend your mod plans timewise to afford it all tho. You have to keep the vitamin P cummin AND the truck mods too, lol. Good luck, it has worked pretty good for me.

8. May 18, 2012 at 6:49 AM
    burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    to expand on this thread, how do you keep from having blowouts when she makes "$X" and has $1,500/month in individual debts and I make "$X + $20,000", have ZERO debt and she gives me shit when i want to spend money?

9. May 18, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    If "I make more therefore I can do whatever I want" is you attitude-No one will be able to explain it.

It is "our" money, not "my" money any more from her point of view...and no matter where you look at it from-Every dollar spent on her debt is a dollar not saved towards your future together (vacations, retirment, etc) - so you both lose. Help her get her debt paid off and then set a "whatever" budget- That you each get a certain amount to spend on whatever you want per month

10. May 18, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    If you are married then you both make "X" and have "X" in collective debts and "X" in discretionary funds to divide between your wants and her wants is the way I see that. If it works the same for both then their is no room for either being butthurt about it. It's a team thing and you both work for what you both want and need to be happy. Any lopsided shit either way will be short-lived and not end well.

11. May 18, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    oldstick

oldstick Medicare Member

Member:
    GA
    Have a kid or two.....

12. May 18, 2012 at 7:25 AM
    Grundletaint

Grundletaint Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2012 crewmax tundra 4x4
    Debadged, derped, weathertech visors, antennax, tinted, need more money
    I'm doing mods for her first....softopper/tint for the dogs, carpet liner for them, moved mirror. Next up is the console lock box, sliders (step rails, honey!) and then seat covers. I'm conditioning her to approve of mods so when I start replacing tires and suspension parts I'm hoping it will go relatively unnoticed. Hoping....

Sneaky sneaky!

13. May 18, 2012 at 7:31 AM
    Tacoafloat

Tacoafloat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bo
    Elizabeth City, NC
    3" Lift, 295 Terra Grapplers, 17" Procomps, ARB Winch Bumper and 8000lb Winch
    What Brunes said, I paid off debts first, put money into savings and now she lets me spend some here and there on the truck. Fine by me :D

14. May 18, 2012 at 7:32 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    This was my technique- More or less. Let QueenGinger get a horse- And then VIOLA- Ordered my bumpers. Worked great.

Plus she drives a lift 4R...so that makes it easier too. Jsut get 2 of everything I want and install one in her rig and one in mine...

15. May 18, 2012 at 2:22 PM
    burtonboards32

burtonboards32 Well-Known Member

Member:
    It is aggrivating as hell to me...she is a lawyer so after undergrad and law school she ran up $150k in student loans, gets a job and after 5 years with a small firm is happy making bare minimum while I work overtime week after week and it shows at tax time when her uneducated technician husband SMOKES her income. She has the potential to make double what I make but is complacent, doesnt want to go out and look for a new job but then gets pissed at me when i say i want this, that, or the other thing and then questions me about when she can get toys that she wants. I bite my tongue every time she asks that but i am thinking, "Just as soon as you decide to work to your potential and stop relying on my to pay every bill that we have, other than your student loans and car payment." I couldnt even tell you the last time i had a full weekend off and the 5 years that we have been together she has NEVER put in anything over 40. Vent over for now...

16. May 18, 2012 at 2:24 PM
    medic2230

medic2230 @Koditten Pirate Radio member #002

Member:
    First Name:
    Murph
    Bama! Roll Tide
    Vehicle:
    2011 Taco 4x4 DCLB 2019 TRD PRO 4runner 2018 RAM 2500 mega cab
    20% Tint, OME 3"complete lift with Dakar's, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 10 HP TW sticker, Ultraguage, B.A.M.F. Rock Sliders, MedicFab Bed Rack, Relentless front bumper, Air Flow Snorkel, Ham comms, Tech Deck
    If she leaves that's more monies for the Taco. yup, I said it. :D

BTW you need the UCA's for alignments purposes so you really should go ahead with that purchase. :)

17. May 18, 2012 at 2:27 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    There are those of us out there, who are happy making less money at a particular place over working our asses off so we can buy every toy we want

You've already conditioned her to enjoying the fact that you make more money than her

18. May 18, 2012 at 2:30 PM
    Leggo

Leggo slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Newton,Ma.
    Vehicle:
    10 TRD Sport AC 4x4 MGM
    Kenwood HU,Infinity Kappa speakers (x4), Infinity reference tweeters(x2),10" Kicker sub, Box by Subthump, Infinty Five channel amp,DVD anytime bypass, DTRL Mod, Xtang trifecta, Fogs anytime Mod, Bed Mat,Westin running boards, Console vault, Maglite mod, Weathertechs,Autopage remote starter, Power tailgate lock, HID Bi Zenon, Hella Supertones,Rain guards,Rear leaf TSB,Steering shaft TSB, Fisher Homesteader plow, 886 reverse lights mod, Redline Hood struts, Hankook Dynapro ATM LT265/70R17, power sliding rear window, Auto dimming/on anytime Bed lights, Blue Sea fuse panel & 100amp Breaker, de- badged,Rear headrest's removed, imMrYo mirror relocation,Homeroshi grill
    it's simple. Just ask her if it is okay to buy something. Put it on her, she will deal with the guilt of saying no if it is going cause a problem. Then you have ammo to use if she wants something silly like us. If she gives the green light, watch out! she has a plan for something equal or greater on her end.:D

19. May 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    Do you love your wife more than your truck?

20. May 18, 2012 at 2:33 PM
    SoCaltaco65

SoCaltaco65 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCSB 4x4 Offroad TRD

Depending on the amount, lock it away in a long term muni, or buy bonds. If your touch them you loose money, kinda forces you to be patient, plus you make a lil coin.

Products Discussed in

To Top