1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ford Dealer Called Me

Discussion in 'New Members' started by BartStar, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Jan 14, 2011 at 11:02 PM
    Vandy

Vandy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Pasadena, MD
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC-LB, 4x4 SR5, Indigo Ink
    Redline Hood Struts, Blacked out Badges, Blacked out SR5 Wheels, BFG All-Terrains, aFe Pro Dry Air Filter, Wicked Flow Muffler
    I agree - my last truck was a 98 Ranger 4 cyl. When I traded it in for my Tacoma it had more than 230,000 miles and the only thing I ever had to replace on it was the power steering pump. It still had the factory engine coolant and battery after 10 years!

Do I like my Tacoma better? Hell yes - but that Ranger gave me 10 years of trouble free hard use.

2. Jan 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM
    KalamaKid

KalamaKid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Oregon
    same shit as everyone else
    I'd go to the post office and get one of those pre paid boxes they always advertise, take a sh*t in one and post it to the douche bag that called you! But hey thats just me...

3. Jan 15, 2011 at 3:09 AM
    BartStar

BartStar [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    pa
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4X4 Double Cab, 6 speed man
    No! You're wrong, I owned a F250 for 6 months and averaged 11 MPG, It was costing me fortune to fill up, (with a 40 gal tank) my Tacoma is already at 16-17 MPG, AND my former F250 was a $650 a month loan payment for 60 months and my new Tacoma is down to $409 for 48 months.
    I am saving twice

btw: for the first 2-3 months my new F250 was getting 8 MPG, so 11 MPG is the best it can get. also my former 09 F150 with the 5.4 V8 was only getting 13-14 MPG, but Ford will advertize that their new F150's get close to 20, its a lie and I know it cause i owned one and if anybody else that owns one tell you they are getting 20 MPG they are a liar!
    Ford makes a beefy-heavy truck with a super strong frame thats heavy, so you need much more engine power to pull it around, so more engine power to pull more weight makes worse gas mileage.
    I am simply looking to the future and expect higher gas prices, I learned a lesson from history, back in 2008 when gas was $4.25 a gal I seen every car dealer loaded up with almost new late model used full size trucks where they were selling for a give-a-way price and everybody was trading in their full size trucks and dealers didn't want them cause they couldn't sell them, its going to happen again, I don't want to be stuck with a gas guzzler full size truck that I can't get rid of. I got out before everybody else did and I got the top trade in value for my former F250.

4. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    mattygabe

mattygabe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 Access Cab SR5
    Access Limited Soft Rollup Tonneau Cover
    Yeah I was saying the same thing to myself... I'd doubt that any stock Tacoma would get worse gas mileage than a 3/4 ton truck...

They're built for a specific purpose, and serve that purpose... With a lot of gas.

I also understand the point that Tacomas aren't "very" fuel efficient... They serve a couple different needs very well, and tend to balance the work aspects of hauling and towing along with the commuter aspects by getting decent mileage for the segment. It's all relative.

If you want a vehicle for gas mileage alone, go buy a Prius. If all you do is haul heavy stuff around all day, you should probably get an F-250 or Silverado HD.

5. Feb 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I would have drove down to the dealer and asked the guy to call me cheap to my face.

6. Feb 8, 2011 at 10:38 PM
    Slurrrdog

Slurrrdog New Member

Member:
    Chino, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner
    I did the same thing with my 08 F250 diesel, traded it in for the 2011 Tacoma and did it just in time. Diesel here in Cali is approaching $ 4.00 gal real quick !! I loved my F250 but I am like you, very happy with the decision i made. The Tacoma is really a joy to drive and i really dont miss the F250 at all for the reasons you mentioned and neither does my wallet :)

7. Feb 9, 2011 at 4:46 AM
    yotamikez

yotamikez Street glide or die

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Valrico
    Vehicle:
    04 civic & 08 Street glide
    SUE THEIR ASS!!!

8. Feb 9, 2011 at 4:54 AM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)

*takes deep breath* aaaa:rofl:

:D

9. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:09 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    I wouldn't bother sueing, too many lawsuits these days. But I would consider calling corporate and reporting the conversation. That was really tasteless on his part. And for all he knew you were still considering getting another Ford someday and he just blew that chance out the window.
    BTW, good job keeping cool. I would have flown off the handle at him.

10. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:49 AM
    Rich Beauregard

Rich Beauregard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    New London, CT
    Vehicle:
    17 Taco 4x4 SR5 Access Cab White
    If you live in PA and happen to have your phone # on the DO NOT CALL list, and they called you, I would report it to the Attorney Generals Office. They have online reporting at: http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/ Click COMPLAINTS then go down 5 lines to DO NOT CALL LIST COMPLAINTS
    OR CALL 1-800-441-2555
    Both the Pennsylvania and National Do Not Call programs allow you to register residential telephone and personal cell phone numbers, to reduce the number of unwanted calls you receive.

11. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:56 AM
    BryWi

BryWi Psalm 109:8

Member:
    Earth
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD off-road DC SB w/JBL
    5100s, black valance
    Evidently this jack@ss isn't worried about return business or word-of-mouth advertising. :gossip:

Sheesh :facepalm:

12. Feb 9, 2011 at 5:58 AM
    TacoFMS

TacoFMS Bubble bubble bubble pop

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    Louisa County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Just a vehicle to take trash to the dump
    One or two things modded... Check out the build thread
    I was just wondering if anyone else thought this was peculiar??? I mean current owners whether they are dealerships or individuals are not supposed to be able to access the information as to how owned the truck before the current owner as well as what that previous owner purchased in replacement. I would be making 2 phone calls one to fords hq and one to the toyota dealership that you got your tacoma from. letting them know you dont appreciate them giving out your private information to another dealership and if they continue to treat your business this way then you will look into a law suit for breach of confidentiality. but thats just me.

13. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:13 AM
    joerussell610

joerussell610 When all else fails read the directions

Member:
    First Name:
    Him
    Making myself at home in your house
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC Sport Edition 4x4
    K&N, fog light mod, remote rear halogen fogs mounted under rear bumper, TRD skid plate, Flux Capacitor, Mr. Fusion upgrade soon
    Dealer sounds like a real ASS! Did yours have the heated tailgate option? So when you pushed it and it was cold your hands dont freeze to the tailgate.

:rimshot:

14. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:20 AM
    larryirun

larryirun Member

Member:
    I love the commercials with "Mike" talking to ladies and saying "of course" Ford quality is better then Toyota.

15. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:22 AM
    comiesutra

comiesutra Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Greenwood, IN
    Vehicle:
    '10 4X4 Silver AC SR5 Manual
    MonsterKnobs.com shift knob, Sony MEX-BT3900u
    i tend to agree with this, but the dealership could have looked at their sales records and took a guess that he bought a tacoma.

another reason i am not a fan of american made sales guys. i have been to countless dealerships and always noticed that americans are more abrupt in their tactics. it's probably all comes back to the culture of the country that the company's headquarters are in.

edit: i just re-read the conversation and the ford guy says mini truck. so i am sure they looked at their sales records and contacted the OP.

16. Feb 9, 2011 at 6:56 AM
    TacomaJack09

TacomaJack09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jackson
    Montana!
    Vehicle:
    06 Access Cab 4x4
    Billie 5100's, Ride Rite Airbags, Tech Deck

Holy shit that's a lot of new trucks!

Were you on a lease or just not happy with that year and wanted newer?

Just Wondering.

17. Feb 9, 2011 at 7:05 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler

I think he needs A good old fashion" who the fuck do you think you are talking to me like that" punch in the teeth. If ford made a good midsize truck people wouldn't buy a tacoma after being lifelong ford buyers. I love pulling up next to an FX4 Ranger and saying "For a couple thousand more you could have had a real truck" I drove a ranger for 4 years (inhereted from wife when kid was born) and I wouldn't buy another one for half the price of a tacoma

18. Feb 9, 2011 at 7:09 AM
    mbmchugh5

mbmchugh5 My wife is scheduleing an intervention as we speak

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma TRD Double cab 4x4
    Rough Country 6" Db lift with toytec coilovers and all pro Expo leafs,color matched grille, t-rex eyelids on spyder dual projector halos, black tailights, 4xInnovations sliders,pro comp rear plate bumper, ATO front plate bumper, grillecraft grille mesh w/Hella black magics behind it, colormatched emblems, sockmonkey trd O/R bedside decals and 3rdBrake cover, Aeroturbine 2525 muffler

If you're getting f-250 mileage out of your tacoma my friend you need to pick the accelerator up off the floorboard from time to time:p

19. Feb 9, 2011 at 7:18 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    no shit...i just got back from a 75% highway/25% city trip and i averaged 18.9mpg w/ 35s.

Products Discussed in

To Top