1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ford help

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by BlueTaco07, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    BlueTaco07

BlueTaco07 [OP] Super Mod!

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Panama city, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Looking
    My girlfriend has a 2005 Ford Focus zx4, and her key is stuck in the ignition. I unhooked the battery and it came right out. Of course blondie put the key back in before I could figure out what was wrong :rolleyes: . Anyways its the only key that cranks the car so could it possibly be a problem with the chip? Ford says its a 300$ Dollar repair whatcha guys think?

2. Oct 16, 2011 at 4:58 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 41 Year Toyota Master/ASE Master

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Custom Ultragauge Mount, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin)
    nope.
    there is an issue with the lock cyl.
    i towed plenty of these.

If the key won't come out or gets stuck or won't turn we use to take a pair of regular pliers and tap like a hammer lightly on the key. 75% of the time it would release the key or allow it to turn to start the car and have them drive it to the repair facility. I don't remember it going to a recall but i did enough around here to warrant one. Anyway, it needs to be addressed asap. So i'm thinking a new lock cyl and key set with updated parts and maybe some other items that you may not think of.

3. Oct 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    McBride513

McBride513 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luke
    Cincinnati
    Vehicle:
    04 4x4 TRD
    Ran into this at work. It could be a problem with the shift interlock wiring. If the comes out when you disconnect the battery, its most likely not the cylinder.

To Top