1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Found an AR15 in stock

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by cntstan, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Apr 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    cora323

cora323 It's the wife's truck

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2001 PreRunner
    Damn, I heard that guns were at high demand, but I didn't know it was this bad. Actually a friend works for a company that makes 90 rounders for the AR15...I hear they are super busy now a days, but honestly with all the other problems going on in the country, I hope the govt worries more about fixing the economy and financial crisis rather than what guns people can and can't own.

2. Apr 17, 2009 at 6:41 PM
    cora323

cora323 It's the wife's truck

Member:
    Miami, FL
    Vehicle:
    2001 PreRunner
    X2, I wish I had found a deal like that.

3. Apr 18, 2009 at 5:24 PM
    fritzthecat

fritzthecat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Auto AccCab Indigo

Very nice. Great find.
    Even with the Scope Mount on BACKWARDS! :smack:

Fritz

4. Apr 18, 2009 at 5:47 PM
    CJH9980

CJH9980 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Clint
    Shreveport, LA/Tucson AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD PRO
    Wescott lift Wescott rock sliders Prinsu Cabrack SpartanXcustoms skewp light Demon Hook front recovery point Diamondback SD (just shipped) N2 Designs Remote Start A few meso goodies
    LOL I never noticed! I better flip it before I go out and fire it the first time! To be honest I may just take it off, that red dot sight seems kinda cheesy

5. Apr 18, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    Nah dude, you got a decent deal on a new one. That other guy got a sweet deal on a used one @ $500

6. Apr 18, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    kristopherl

kristopherl AKA: Jake the Wolf

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DC 4x4 Sport LB. Foglight
    Cup holder LEDs, Black Max Tonau, BHL Mod, N-Fab side steps
    $1100 isn't bad these days. I built one for just less than $1000.

So far as Ammo goes. If you have a gun and knife show near you, go there and be waiting in line for the second they open. The one near me has some .223 every time but sells out within the first couple hours and it's around $400 for 1000 rounds

7. Apr 20, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    thinkingman

thinkingman Well-Known Member

Member:
    redmond WA
    Vehicle:
    2006 dbl cab 4wd 6sp
    Foglights are for fog, not oncoming traffic!
    It's always the 'really smart ones' that don't see the need or desire for these type of firearms.

Good job on the Armalite.

8. Apr 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM
    RCBS

RCBS How long you willing to tolerate this crap??

Member:
    Harden your bark, there are storms on the horizon.
    Vehicle:
    Goodbye 06, Hello 21. TRDORDCSBMT
    Tornado intake, Duralube, Fartcan.

not the cheapest...but they have it NOW--http://www.natchezss.com/

9. May 21, 2009 at 7:49 PM
    csxrailfan

csxrailfan Active Member

Member:
    North Cackalacky
    Vehicle:
    2021 Toyota Tacoma DBL CAB TRD / GONE: 2002 Toyota Tacoma Access Cab TRD, 2011 Tundra TRD
    Snyperx wrote.......You gun obsessed hillbillies crack me up. "I want an AR-15 because I can." LMAO!!! Good reason. "I need to protect my family". What the hell from? The Chinese? Oh wait, I know our totally crazy second coming of the Third Reich Government. Go back to the mountains. **RANT OFF*

hendooman wrote......Why in the hell would anyone need a gun like this? I am a hunter and avid outdoorsman, and own 5 rifles and shotguns. So I am not afraid of guns.

What would one do with a gun like this, shoot cans? Woo Hoo!!!

IMO these types of guns should be outlawed.

Bet both of you guys voted for OBAMA. Guess the seven AK's, three AR's, and all those pistols that I have that hold over a dozen rounds in the mags makes me an outcast too. I am a red neck from south Georgia. I am part hillbilly too. I hunt and fish. I am also a US Veteren, former State Trooper, and current Federal Agent. I shoot competitive rifle and pistol matches all the time with all my weapons. Even if they were all outlawed....the criminals would still have them. Ever wonder how many cross the border daily. Maybe you should wonder. If the criminals have them, I don't want to be out gunned. You know, there are always guys no matter what forum you are on that like to start crap. This place is no exception. If you didn't like the topic you shouldn't have come into it. However you did and reminded us all that there are always people like you out there. You ever live in California? Maybe you should run for office. Oh, I would be willing to bet you hate the police too. That is until you need them and then its always a different story.:rant:

Good deal on the AR. If you decide you don't have a need for it you can always get your money back out of it. It could always be used as trade bait at the gunshow as well. Enjoy your new weapon.

And,
    Charlie Mike

10. May 21, 2009 at 8:00 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 335xi BMW

So When a Certain leader of the country screws the country over soo much we have to defend ourselves from the terrorist he lets go free from Gitmo, and need to stock up now before he bans the guns all together i mean shit he has already put the country soo much deaper into debt.. First 100 days.. were worst than Bush's Last 2925 days

11. May 21, 2009 at 8:02 PM
    kristopherl

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    great post!

12. May 21, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    fletch aka

fletch aka www.BeLikeBrit.org

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Left Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Gray TRD OffRoad
    TRD cat back exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake, differential breather mod' Hellwig rear sway bar, 16x8 TRD Ivan Stewart's, Michelin LTX A/T2, DTRL Stealth Mode Mod, custom "Texas Edition" shift knob, Sock's "Classic" bedside decals, MetalMiller custom grill emblem, 20% front tinted windows, tinted taillights, Viper alarm, ScanGauge II, Flyzeye Designs V2W Tacoma Interior LED lighting, de-mud flapped, de-badged, extra D-rings under bed bolts, WeatherTech ED floor mats, G4 Elite Fold a Cover ,Toyota bed mat, tailgate theft deterrent device and absolutely no plasti-dip!
    Take a look at the Ruger mini 14. It's available in .223 or 6.8 remington or the mini 30 in 7.62. It's a fine shooting rifle and you can hot rod the hell out of em with after market goodies. And they are about half the price of an AR.

13. May 22, 2009 at 7:26 AM
    4x4Taco

4x4Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4X4
    Wow...when us Canadians read something like this ...it is just funny shit!

14. May 22, 2009 at 7:37 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    What bullshit! No different than buying lots of concert tickets, you only need 1. Maybe he's gonna sell the other 4 for profit. HIS BUSINESS. YOU could do what you said he might with only 1 gun so maybe you should just report yourself for giving people bad ideas. Really hope your post was sarcasm. If not, make the call...........

15. May 22, 2009 at 7:52 AM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    LoL. Us people on TW love bringing back the dead threads huh. :D

Anyways, I like the fact that I can own an AR, but I'm so burnt out on shooting them. :( SAWs FTW though.

16. May 22, 2009 at 7:53 AM
    ajviper7

ajviper7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    FL Panhandle
    Vehicle:
    08 silver TRD OR 4x4 AC
    Easy there, I'm quite sure he was being sarcastic.

17. May 22, 2009 at 8:08 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    I was too. ;)

18. May 22, 2009 at 8:14 AM
    Snyperx

Snyperx Seniore Marcos

Member:
    I did vote Obama. No I do not hate the Police. I actually have a really good friend who is a Trooper and a neighbor that is a Police Officer and both my grandfathers (WW II Pacific and Europen theatres) and father are Veterans (Vietnam). As I have said in earlier posts I have no issues with basic hand guns, hunting rifles, and shot guns. I also do not see an issue with people that collect guns as long as they are collectible type guns (an AR15 is not a collectible, a Colt 1851 Navy is). I do have an issue with the ASSAULT rifles and the people that need to own 10 of them with cases of ammunition. I do not see a need for any average citizen to own a weapon like that.

P.S. For what it's worth I thank you for your service to this country.

19. May 22, 2009 at 8:17 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I had a ruger mini 14 in stainless steel.. fun gun, not very accruate after a couple rounds though.
    the mods for it look sick though!!

20. May 22, 2009 at 8:26 AM
    kristopherl

Member:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    I can say that I don't see a need for someone to have more than one car but they do. So should we limit it to one car a person? and unless they have 20 arms then having 1 AR vs 10 ARs doesn't make a difference. They collect different ARs because they have different set ups. The stockpile ammo because they are afraid the price will go up or they won't be allowed to buy it anymore. your claim assumes that if you own more than one gun then you are bound to kill someone.. yeah... don't think so. Also, you can kill just as many people with a car in one shot than a rifle is able to by driving through a crowd. Do you think a collector of old or rare guns is not going to shoot it?

Products Discussed in

To Top