1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Found some FJ SE Anthracite Wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Chad, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Aug 31, 2010 at 9:29 AM
    grunt66

grunt66 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vista, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma DBL cab 4X4 off road
    Back in the beginning of August I tried to locate these wheels by calling numerous dealerships throughout the US. To make a long story short, I was told by several dealers that Toyota had frozen the ordering of this wheel. One dealer that I spoke with that I believed that was out of Texas said he could order the rim but it would take several weeks to order because he had to order the rim one at a time and I cannot remember the exact price but I believe he wanted $250.00 for each wheel. It is great that other members are still able to get this wheel. I myself am looking at going a different direction since these wheels are almost impossible to get. I might try calling one last time since some members are reporting that the wheel can now be ordered.

2. Aug 31, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    kulcat

kulcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Plano, TX
    I was told the same thing, I just got lucky to snag mine. I was scrambling to find VIN numbers and everything and these just happened to fall into my lap. Good luck man.

3. Aug 31, 2010 at 5:48 PM
    MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Central PA
    Just to update about shoptrd.com (Toyota of Richardson in TX)...Yeah, the guy flat out lied to me...bastard. I ended up calling the customer service line for Toyota, voiced my concerns and questions. The lady who I spoke with was excelent and very kind and polite. She apologized, but I told her it certainly wasnt her fault and it was ok. (I think she thought I might be pissed at them, but its no fault of Toyotas at all). Anyway, she gave me a case number, and told me she would contact the manager there directly, and have them call me directly. About 2 hours later, the customer service manager called me, took my information, what my questions was etc...she was helpful...but...i think it was only because toyota called her directly. Anyway, about another 2 hours after that, she called and said that I was in fact correct, and she wanted to extend her apologizes to me, as well as the service personel that I spoke to. They are sending me the extra lug nut tomorrow...

Long story short, Toyota of Richardson is a shady toyota dealer...I would avoid shoping on their online website. Plus, they jacked up the price of there wheels like 300%...shady business. Not a fan.

4. Aug 31, 2010 at 7:11 PM
    Imaking

Imaking Taco Newb

Member:
    First Name:
    Isaac
    Pahrump, NV
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    OME 885x coils, 5100's set at 0. Deaver 2" AAL and 5100s out back. AFE Pro Dry S drop-in, BHLM, '10 sport grille.
    I found someone online who has them... and affordable (no free ship though). I'll post a link after I order mine friday :anonymous:

5. Aug 31, 2010 at 8:49 PM
    tacomunchkin

tacomunchkin Well-Known Member

Member:
    NM
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Offroad
    2010 4x4 Offroad TRD Crew cab 4.0 TRD Cat-Back exhaust CAI Avid offroad sliders and light bar PIAA 520 ATP lamps Leer bed shell
    yeah, but between just buying the truck and trying to balance the budged for the intake, exhaust, sliders, bars, lights, tires, and lift that I want, I'm already at about to be broke. It's gonna take me a couple deployments to save up enough for the 5k plus in "accessories" that I want. :D

6. Sep 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Fedex tracking numbers say my FJ SE Anthracite gray wheels will arrive this friday.

So far my experience with shoptrd has been great, no issues at all and a fantastic price which did include free shipping.

Looking forward to the wheels arriving and the install!:)

Taco4x4nc

7. Sep 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM
    28Gauge

28Gauge Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Grapevine, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5
    Sockmonkey Graphics, K&N Drop In Air Filter, 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler A/T's, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Dee Zee Bed Mat, Map Light/Dome Light LED's, Flo-Pro Muffler w/Stainless Steel Tip, Dome Light/Map Light Mod, Mobil 1 Synthetic Motor Oil, LED Cupholder Mod, Grillcraft with TOYOTA emblem, Vision 375 Warrior Wheels, Extra Bed D Ring Mod, TRD Skidplate, Bilstein 5100's on all four corners, Front 5100's set at zero with Eibach springs, Toytec 1.5" rear TSB add-a-leaf springs, Toytec swaybar relocate kit, Katzkin Leather Seating, Front Window Tint
    Hey Taco4x4NC, I just sent you a PM.

8. Sep 1, 2010 at 12:55 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    So was that price you quoted earlier in this thread your total cost or how much you paid per wheel? Wasn't it like $350-400 or something thereabout?

9. Sep 2, 2010 at 9:57 AM
    kulcat

kulcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Plano, TX
    of the 314 accessories you've listed, the RIMS are no doubt something that will make your truck stand out more than anything! come on man! :D

10. Sep 6, 2010 at 6:31 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    My Anthracite trd wheels arrived last friday. AWESOME! I have been out of town on vacation and am planning to have them installed tomorrow. I hope to post pics after install.

The wheels come very carefully packed in TRD boxes and even have a special cover packaging cover over each individual wheel. I am impressed to say the least. I will have my dealer do the swapout. I figure if the dealer damages one of the wheels duing install they can order another to replace it. Discount tire would probably just try and repair it. Plan to notify my insurance company of the upgraded wheel.

I would order again from shoptrd.com, free shipping as promised!

Taco4x4nc

11. Sep 6, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250
    I would look into what you say. Discount Tire would make an attempt to repair IF they damaged at no cost to you, but if you bitched enough, they would replace the wheel. The changers are touch-less so it's almost impossible to gouge a wheel (speaking from personal expirience).

12. Sep 6, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    What was the total price for the wheels?

13. Sep 6, 2010 at 11:20 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Discount tire damaged a wheel on a previous vehicle of mine. It was minor, the tech ripped the wheel weight off and scratched the rim up pretty bad. Even the manager agreed it should not have happened and the guy should have just taken more care during the removal. They did offer to repair it which I had no interest in. I did not take them to task on it, but do have concerns about their care at times. Yes, stuff happens. I am aware that the actual changers are touchless. Overall I have been happy with DCT, they still get my business. Before this, I had never had an issue with their work. I still think they do good work overall. There customer service is some of the best in the industry.

Not sure what you mean by look into what you say? Is that a sentence? Just kidding....:D I don't think I ever mentioned a gouge in a wheel :). None the less, I am looking forward to the install today.

cheers!

14. Sep 6, 2010 at 11:40 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Just not interested in discussing the price I paid. I will tell you I could not find a lower price on a set anywhere nation wide which included free shipping. Give Mark at shoptrd a call, I think they might have 5 wheels left in the warehouse. I am sure he would be more than happy to give you a quote. ;)

Good luck!

15. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:57 AM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Well can I ask this? Did you pay the $300 something per wheel that they have on their site?

16. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:54 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Not the best pics, but will have to do for now. Discount tire in Gastonia, NC did an outstanding job on the install of my wheels. I could have not asked for better service. The installer was tipped very well for his excellent work. :) Here are a few pics. Sorry about the shadows as the sun was not completely cooperating. I am happy with the final results. This is the website I ordered my wheels from- http://usatoyotaparts.com/ you will see it is Richardson's Toyota in Texas.

Michelin's are the best IMHO, I won't have any other tire installed on our vehicles.
    ~Taco4x4nc

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Sep 7, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    Archangel

Archangel Insurance Agent

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    '13 IS250

Michelin LTX M/S2's... excellent choice! We put them on my wife's Highlander

18. Sep 7, 2010 at 7:14 PM
    kulcat

kulcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Plano, TX
    Looks great!

19. Sep 7, 2010 at 7:24 PM
    Max-4_Yota

Max-4_Yota The Welfare Cadilac

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    3rd gen Tacoma
    Chicken lights, chrome and smoke tunes.
    them are some sexy wheels

20. Sep 8, 2010 at 11:30 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    For those that have pm'd me on what I paid for the wheels-

I paid $121.00 per wheel for a total of $484.00 shipped to my door.

And yes, I gotta screaming deal.

If you pay more than this, you are paying or have paid WAY too much. And I did not need a vin# for an FJ.

Taco4x4nc

Products Discussed in

To Top