1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

fox 2.0 c/o

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by pataco, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:18 PM
    pataco

pataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    anybody running these?i was just wondering if there is a EASY way to adjust to say 2.5in.all pro said each truck is diff. and a standard setting would be hard to do.so they recomended set them/put on/measure/reset/measure ect. ect.that seems like alot.and they say to take uca off every time to take pressure off for easy adj.any help????thanks

2. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:21 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    i got the walker evans CO's from them and they came to me stock height. roxspin found some instructions that said where to measure and how much thread out the top to get a certain lift. i'll have to see if i can find it again.

3. Jan 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    "To gain approximately 3” of lift in front, the Fox should be set at approximately 4.6” on the drivers side, 4.3” on the passenger side measured from the top of the coil to the top of the silver threaded body where it meets the blue top mount. Walker Evans Racing shocks should be set at approximately 3.5” on the driver’s side, and 3.2” on the passenger side measured from the top of the adjuster ring to the top of the threaded body where it meets the red top mount. These are starting measurements that will get you at or close to 3” of lift in front. Due to differences in weight caused by installation of aftermarket front bumpers, winches, and other accessories, your vehicle may require more preload to achieve 3” of lift or level it side to side. This extra preload will need to be dialed in after the installation is complete and measurements are checked." those instructions are at the top of page 5

4. Jan 27, 2009 at 1:19 PM
    pataco

pataco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Down by the lake
    Vehicle:
    05 4x4 trd dc white
    FOX 2.0 RESIS,LRUCAS,BILLY 5100S ON THE REAR.MAGNAFLOW 11264,COLOR MATCHED GRILL,YELLOW FOG MOD.OVER HEAD DVD,FEDERAL COURAGIA M/T
    10-4 ill check that.they were set at a 3'' lift(used off fj)i want to set at about 2.5 to 2.75.thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top