1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox 2.0 Coilover IFP and rear 2.0 Remote Reservoir review

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Chaz84, May 21, 2016.

1. Nov 29, 2018 at 1:22 PM
    zilla805

zilla805 Weekend warrior

Member:
    San luis obospo
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD
    So it's better to use suspension and not put a spacer on the driver side for the taco lean

2. Nov 29, 2018 at 8:25 PM
    Tacotacoma123

Tacotacoma123 Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black 4 x 4 TRD off road

Hey man,

I'm looking to get the same fox 2.0 coilovers in the front and then also the 2.0s in the rear on my 3rd gen off road.
    Since you have the coilovers in I want your input.

if I were to only lift the front 1.5 would it be level enough to not need a block or another leaf? And do you think I could get away with the stock UCA's?

Also whats the ride quality like compared to stock? How do you like it in general, be honest, is it worth the money or should I get the full fox lift kit with UCAS and add a leaf??

thanks for your help, it's much appreciated

3. Nov 30, 2018 at 3:44 AM
    BeardedYinzer

BeardedYinzer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    Wheels / Tires / Softopper / Fox 2.5's ext travel set to 2.5" of lift/ 600 pound 14" springs / Total Chaos UCAs/ ARB Summit Series Bumper / SOS Offroad Sliders /OV Tune / SPOD / Ditchlights /10K winch/ a bunch of other stuff
    Stock UCAs should work. It all depends on what you like sure you could stick a block in there, AAL, or nothing at all. I would probably throw something in there since I like some rake and I tow an overland trailer, but that's me.

The ride quality is pretty smooth on the highway, it was kind of bumpy with the stock "sport suspension". I have yet to hit any trails or dirt roads.

4. Dec 5, 2018 at 5:30 AM
    Chaz84

Chaz84 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dr. Chase
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 blk Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    FOX 2.0 coil-overs, rear 2.0 RR's CD adj & roost shield, Wheeler's Off Road progressive 1.5" AAl's & Super bumps front & rear, 1' angled block, airlift bags w/ in-cab control & under hood compressor, trailer brake controller, Warn 1st gen M8000, U.S. Off Road hidden winch mount, Body Armor rear bumper, Trail Gear sliders (all Bullet-lined & welded), Sony touch screen dvd, JL Audio Stealthbox, 500/1 amp, Helix tbs, URD intake w/shield, 4 D-rings, in-cab wEnch controls (pics), door sill guards, weather tech mats, black-out headlights, LED cab/backup/bed/ trail/tag lights w/ hidden in-cab switches, PIAA yellow xenon fogs and PIAA extreme white plus headlights, AVS bug & vent visors, red Devil Horns, Undercover tonneau cover, two 30ft straps, tree saver, snatch block, tire plug kit,125psi compressor w/ 1.5 gal tank, 4 5k lb tie-downs, Mag light Pro w/glass breaker seat mounted (drvr&pass), diff breather mod (behind driver tail light), anytime locker mod, Mobil 1 diff oil, Mobil 1 extended performance oil and filter, 840 amp Energizer battery, 285/70/17 XD's, Nittos, 2x2 Cali Raised hyper spot ditch-light pods. CMC
    I started this thread and haven't been on in a while... Tore my Rt MCL, partial ACL, and meniscus... Yay. Anyhow, to my knowledge the 3rd gens have the exact same front suspension as second the gens (why you still have a "driver's side lean"). If you have read the entire thread, the I would guess there's enough info to find the right settings for your needs. Ride is better than any truck I've been in and honestly better than my wife's Lexus. She keeps taking my truck!!

5. Dec 5, 2018 at 5:36 AM
    Chaz84

Member:
    First Name:
    Dr. Chase
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 blk Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    FOX 2.0 coil-overs, rear 2.0 RR's CD adj & roost shield, Wheeler's Off Road progressive 1.5" AAl's & Super bumps front & rear, 1' angled block, airlift bags w/ in-cab control & under hood compressor, trailer brake controller, Warn 1st gen M8000, U.S. Off Road hidden winch mount, Body Armor rear bumper, Trail Gear sliders (all Bullet-lined & welded), Sony touch screen dvd, JL Audio Stealthbox, 500/1 amp, Helix tbs, URD intake w/shield, 4 D-rings, in-cab wEnch controls (pics), door sill guards, weather tech mats, black-out headlights, LED cab/backup/bed/ trail/tag lights w/ hidden in-cab switches, PIAA yellow xenon fogs and PIAA extreme white plus headlights, AVS bug & vent visors, red Devil Horns, Undercover tonneau cover, two 30ft straps, tree saver, snatch block, tire plug kit,125psi compressor w/ 1.5 gal tank, 4 5k lb tie-downs, Mag light Pro w/glass breaker seat mounted (drvr&pass), diff breather mod (behind driver tail light), anytime locker mod, Mobil 1 diff oil, Mobil 1 extended performance oil and filter, 840 amp Energizer battery, 285/70/17 XD's, Nittos, 2x2 Cali Raised hyper spot ditch-light pods. CMC
    3 leaf 1.5" progressive AAL's all the way. Have towed a 3k lb trailer with no issues from not having the overload leaves in, but depends on if you want the extra lift.

6. Dec 7, 2018 at 6:52 PM
    BeardedYinzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    Wheels / Tires / Softopper / Fox 2.5's ext travel set to 2.5" of lift/ 600 pound 14" springs / Total Chaos UCAs/ ARB Summit Series Bumper / SOS Offroad Sliders /OV Tune / SPOD / Ditchlights /10K winch/ a bunch of other stuff
    Finally finished for now. Fox 2.0 for 2-3 inches of lift and a 2inch block for now. I had to change the bushings on the shocks not too buy, just used the chain lube to help them slide right in.

[​IMG]

mattylmbr, Mully and DavesTaco68 like this.
  7. Dec 8, 2018 at 5:08 AM
    wolfman00

wolfman00 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    Gambrills/Crofton MD
    Vehicle:
    '16 dclb
    sortof stock. 6112/5160, pro wheels and a tune.
    hows the ride on the highway in comparison to the sport suspension?

8. Dec 9, 2018 at 3:22 AM
    BeardedYinzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    It's much smoother, I end up doing the carrier bearing spacer since there was a little vibration. I noticed a massive difference on washboard roads.

Mully likes this.
  9. Dec 9, 2018 at 1:45 PM
    zilla805

zilla805 Weekend warrior

Member:
    San luis obospo
    Vehicle:
    4x4 TRD
    Lools good

10. Dec 9, 2018 at 8:58 PM
    Chaz84

Member:
    First Name:
    Dr. Chase
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 blk Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    Truck looks good man! What size tires are you running? Also, remember that the brake line is going to get stretched a bit with those blocks, so get under her and pull it further through it’s mount if you plan to articulate the rear suspension fully. Also, wheeler’s ofroad super bumps and rear diff breather mod will save you from harsh landings and axle seal problems. PM me if you don’t find enough info on the threads. Will walk you through the breather mod. Can tell ya how many times I’ve washed my truck and thought thank goodness I did that bc there’s mud all over where the diff breather on top of the pumpkin would have been. Just my two cents.

11. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:16 PM
    BeardedYinzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    265/70/17s on there for now. The stock brake lines are long enough in the rear at full droop, they are a little tight I'll probably get a longer braided SS line eventually. I'm not too worried about the bump stops since its a block, so the stock bump stop should be fine, I don't plan on taking any jumps here in northern VA or wheeling all that much, if I did I would go for the 63 inch Chevy swap I did that to my 93' it was pretty solid. I'll probably rig up a diff breather at some point. I don't plan on much off roading due to the lack of a solid axle and lockers, althought I do have a dana 44 laying around.

12. Dec 13, 2018 at 8:47 PM
    Chaz84

Member:
    First Name:
    Dr. Chase
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 blk Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    • The brake lines are plenty long... just have to raise it and pull ‘em through the “mount.” Anyhow, do the diff breather behind the driver’s taillight. Never have to think about it again. Granted, I wheel the *hit outta my taco, so I get it. All i’ll say once again, is go Fox and you’ll never look back.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    BeardedYinzer and Mully like this.
  13. Dec 15, 2018 at 6:51 PM
    Rayne Storm

Rayne Storm Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 DCSB Speedway Blue
    I’ve read this whole thread, and am confused on how level my DCSB will be after putting on my Fox 2.0 front\rears

I have an 06 with new frame and leafs done 3 months ago. I want to be almost level, if anything, a hair high in back (pull a fishing boat in summer)

Here’s my current measurements

LR: 21.25
    RR: 21.25
    LF: 20.125
    RF: 20.375

Pretty much stock

14. Dec 21, 2018 at 10:39 AM
    Chaz84

Member:
    First Name:
    Dr. Chase
    GA
    Vehicle:
    09 blk Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    If you want a little rake, turn the passenger side coilover down 3 full turns out of the box. Up 3 on driver's if you want her level wo weight on the rear.
    If you tow, spend the extra $ on the adjustable rear shocks. Didn't fully appreciate the cd adjusters until I had to tow a 3k lb trailer. Stiffened them up and almost didn't know the trailer was back there.

15. Jan 25, 2019 at 3:33 AM
    BeardedYinzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    I wanted to give an update. After some issues with the alignment (the tuck would wonder above 60 MPH), I pulled the trigger on a set of Total Chaos upper control arms. I was able to finally get the caster where I wanted it from about 1.1 to 3.5, I should have put uppers on it in the first place.

Mully likes this.
  16. Apr 4, 2019 at 10:46 AM
    dadex11

dadex11 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2011 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport
    Fox 2.0 front coil overs, Fox 2.0 remote resi adj, Rigid Industries D2, 255/80R17 Wildpeaks
    Just pulled the plug and bought this fox set up for my truck :D

Mully likes this.
  17. Apr 4, 2019 at 10:53 AM
    BeardedYinzer

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    NOVA
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Sport
    Nice, I've been thinking of replacing my 2.0s and going with a 2.5 long travel coil with a 650 or 700 pound spring for the bumper + winch setup I'm planning.

Mully likes this.
  18. Apr 4, 2019 at 11:23 AM
    Mully

Mully Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CA
    Vehicle:
    12 DC 4x4 Lifted Sport
    Lifted, Kings, Locked, 295s and more.
    That's exactly what I did. Ordered these.

25001-200-1.jpg

zilla805 and backcountryj like this.
  19. Apr 4, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    backcountryj

backcountryj Pending Approval

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    GA
    Jelly.

You go for adjusters? I’m on the fence about them whenever I upgrade my suspension. They seem like a worthy investment for the rear, but kind of a waste of money for the front. That is in my application at least.

Mully[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Apr 4, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    Mully

Mully Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    CA
    Vehicle:
    12 DC 4x4 Lifted Sport
    Lifted, Kings, Locked, 295s and more.
    No adjusters, I am not racing, just towing, and a little bit of exploring.

20190224_192517_1551065337272.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top