1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox 2.5 Extended Coilover Preload Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Matthewn7, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:00 AM
    TakoTruc

TakoTruc Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road A\T 4door Barcelona Red
    stay tooned
    Lol Is it the wrong the thread if you get the right answer thank you Sub

Sub_Par likes this.
  2. Jan 12, 2018 at 10:18 AM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    Touché, but yes it’s still the wrong thread haha. I’d look at OME coil springs, I run 885s with 5100s and it’s not a bad ride. Not sure on the 3rd gen maybe someone else could advice on spring options.

3. Jan 12, 2018 at 3:34 PM
    TakoTruc

TakoTruc Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Off Road A\T 4door Barcelona Red
    stay tooned
    I got in touch with HeadStrong Off-Road and they suggested OME 888 with SPC UCA thanks for the help

Sub_Par likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2018 at 3:38 PM
    Sub_Par

Sub_Par Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Buffalo NY
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Off Road
    No problem, post pics when you get everything sorted. I love lifted 3rd gens. And if I didn’t like no car payments more then I’d have one haha.

5. Aug 23, 2018 at 10:57 AM
    Maricich_d

Maricich_d Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma trd
    What did you use to compress the spring when making the adjustment. I can't find a spring compressor that fits inside the spring

6. Aug 23, 2018 at 3:22 PM
    Matthewn7

Matthewn7 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR DCLB MGM
    Fox 2.5 C/O w/DSC, Fox 2.5 Rear w/DSC, TC UCA, Icon AAL, TRD Pro Skid, TRD Pro Grille, BFG K02 265/70R17, BakFlip F1 Tonneau, TRD Pro 4Runner Rims, TRD Pro Fog Lights, TRD Pro Shift Knob, TRD Exhaust, NFAB Tube Steps, OPT7 LED Headlights, Clazzio Seat Covers, LED Interior Lights
    I didn't use a spring compressor. I just jacked the truck up until the tire was off the ground and then adjusted the collar. Jacking the truck up helps take the tension off the springs because they aren't being compressed at that point.

7. May 12, 2019 at 8:21 PM
    Kwisak

Kwisak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma Off Road MT
    Pro grill Joying radio with wireless car play Hood decal Bed decal Pro skid Pro wheels 285/70/17 Sliders Blackout emblems Pro exhaust Pro intake Painted engine cover Ditch lights Tint Tacoma letters glove box Off-road wether tech inserts Lock box console Blackvue Orange trim Orange inserts Katzskin Weather tech Bed mat Hilift Tire locks Extra switch Rotopax Fox 2.5 fronts with 700lbs Kings Fox 2.0 rears with resi Icon rxt springs Icon Delta UCAs Meso side markers Meso gashole On order —— Avid bed rack SSO bumper Morimoto headlights and fogs Meso map lights and done light
    Got the same shocks in the garage. I’m a little confused reading through. To get 2 inch lift do you need new coil overs and if so which are you using

8. May 12, 2019 at 8:27 PM
    Kwikvette

Kwikvette Chief Executive Officer at Kwik Fab

Member:
    Stock
    You're bringing back an older thread.

Let's recap; you have the same coil overs but you're asking if the OP did what? A coil over refers to the shock and coil combination.

From the factory, Fox 2.5 shocks will have a certain amount of pre-load which will net you a certain amount of lift.

When I talked to Fox directly about adjusting the pre-load, I was told that approximately 1/2" of adjustment (amount of threads showing) will net an additional 1" of lift/drop.

Refer to your owner's manual and see how much lift/pre-load your shocks came with from the factory.

9. May 12, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    Kwisak

Kwisak Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tacoma Off Road MT
    Pro grill Joying radio with wireless car play Hood decal Bed decal Pro skid Pro wheels 285/70/17 Sliders Blackout emblems Pro exhaust Pro intake Painted engine cover Ditch lights Tint Tacoma letters glove box Off-road wether tech inserts Lock box console Blackvue Orange trim Orange inserts Katzskin Weather tech Bed mat Hilift Tire locks Extra switch Rotopax Fox 2.5 fronts with 700lbs Kings Fox 2.0 rears with resi Icon rxt springs Icon Delta UCAs Meso side markers Meso gashole On order —— Avid bed rack SSO bumper Morimoto headlights and fogs Meso map lights and done light
    Sorry didn’t realize it was so old. Just been researching after a guy said he needed to get 650 to get any lift on Fox’s with extended. So wondering what happened and was confused by some of the stuff. My bad

Products Discussed in

To Top