1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Coil Over 2.0 Shocks CAN I USE THESE?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ComaChic, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Jan 27, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    ComaChic

ComaChic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York...not the city!
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD Sport V6
    OME 885's w/ Top spacer kit, OME Nitro 90000 Sport and N182, LR UCA's, 2" AAL non TSB, Window tint, K&N Intake, Lights
    I have these two shocks just sitting in my garage. They are near new, down side missing the one side coils and I do not know the spring rate of the other side as well as seems to be cut down. SO If I were to get all 4 new springs from fox whats my best route to getting these on my TRD. Right now it has a 3" spacer lift and add-a-leaf in rear with 285's. I either need new shocks just cause its stock and beat, or I put these things to good use! Someone help or tell me who else is good to help with this. I do work in a motorcycle shop and although I know much different we have the techs and tools to work on shocks and charge them. Just need to know more if someone wants to share proper setup.

Let me know please! Here is info:
    Fox Pro Series 2.0 shocks measure 26" eye to eye extended and from research are 10" travel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jan 27, 2012 at 5:29 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    you are going to need to link your rear end and build a bed cage before you can use them. or put a solid axle under the front end...these will not simply bolt on to your truck.

Best bet. put them up for sale

those are dual rate coilovers. one spring will be rated higher than the other. that means 85% of the time one spring will handle the load but when it gets hairy and hit hard the stiffer spring will be used

3. Jan 28, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    ComaChic

ComaChic [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    New York...not the city!
    Vehicle:
    06 DCLB TRD Sport V6
    OME 885's w/ Top spacer kit, OME Nitro 90000 Sport and N182, LR UCA's, 2" AAL non TSB, Window tint, K&N Intake, Lights
    Figured so. Well what's a good value for these suckers. Rather not go modding the girls truck shell kill me if I start doing what I want haha.

4. Jan 28, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    Tundra, double cab.
    LED interior lights, stubby antenna, Pioneer in dash screen, good driver mod.
    Haha I have no clue. Do you know the model number? Maybe post this in the long travel section. They know more about this stuff over there

To Top