1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox coilover + lift block?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Jkohler, Apr 18, 2013.

1. May 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    Jkohler

Jkohler [OP] HUH?

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    UT
    Vehicle:
    02 4DR Taco TDR Supercharged SR5 6in lift
    12" Icon 2.5 coilovers, 6" Drop Bracket, Tuff Country 5" lift knuckles, Icon 4''-8'' Extended Coilovers, Light Racing upper control arms, 7" Alcan leafs, 13" icon 2.0 smooth bodies in the rear. 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow cats and Thrush muffler. 295x75x16 AT's (34.4") Superchargers Other shit like rear breather mod relocate, gray wire mod, intake elbow removed, led's, toolbox, etc
    Exactly. Livin on a poor college student budget. SAS is not the "correct" way to do it, its the "lets change my whole fucking front end" way. The correct way is just what I am doing dumbass.
    I just got off the phone with Todd at ICON and he said that is how it should go. I am still a little skeptical because all the other pictures look different that this, but I guess I will go ahead and finish putting the rest of it back together.

2. May 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
    Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Tehachapi, CA
    Vehicle:
    14' Tacoma TRD Offroad
    Bilstein 5100
    Get a LT or MT kit :p

3. May 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM
    TacoMX

TacoMX TW's Official anti body-lift pundit

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Deltona, Florida
    There is no left or right side specifics to these coilovers

That looks fine. They have the heim bearings so that you can position the coilover body where you need to.

4. May 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM
    Jkohler

Jkohler [OP] HUH?

Member:
    First Name:
    Justin
    UT
    Vehicle:
    02 4DR Taco TDR Supercharged SR5 6in lift
    12" Icon 2.5 coilovers, 6" Drop Bracket, Tuff Country 5" lift knuckles, Icon 4''-8'' Extended Coilovers, Light Racing upper control arms, 7" Alcan leafs, 13" icon 2.0 smooth bodies in the rear. 2.5" exhaust with Magnaflow cats and Thrush muffler. 295x75x16 AT's (34.4") Superchargers Other shit like rear breather mod relocate, gray wire mod, intake elbow removed, led's, toolbox, etc
    Very nice! I didnt know it was a heim bearing till I looked closer at it. I thought it was a bolt that went all the way through and could only pivot up n down. That heim joint is gonna be saweet! Got them installed and took for a little test drive. Not a huge difference on the road, but definitely noticeable! Getting an alignment done tomorrow and then gotta find some dirt :)

Products Discussed in

To Top