1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Life!!! Anything Related to Fox Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ThaiChillyTaco, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Apr 16, 2020 at 1:13 PM
    southernutahguy

southernutahguy Member

Member:
    STG, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Silver Toyota Tacoma TRD
    So if I wanted to go with the 14" spring is there a way to order that with the Fox 2.5's? Or do I need to order it separately and have it installed?

2. Apr 16, 2020 at 1:35 PM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    El Cajon, CA
    Depends on where you order :)

If you order from us, we just charge you for the new spring, no install fee since we are revalving the shock at the same time. Or yes you would need to take it somewhere with a legit spring compressor to do it safely.

3. Apr 16, 2020 at 3:29 PM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    FYI only, I'm running a 13", 600 spring with an aluminum bumper and 9500 lb winch with no issues to date. My suspension has been put threw the paces on 2 elk hunts so far!

AccuTune Offroad likes this.
  4. Apr 16, 2020 at 6:53 PM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    MISC. MODS WEBOOST overland cell booster Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Uptop overland alpha roof rack with inferno armortek and baja designs scenelighting EYECATCHER PRO Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill with raptor lights(REMOVED) DB CUSTOMS Toyota halo grill with backlighting TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Meso Customs Overhead hex rack (sunroof model) KTJO4X4 HUD FOR TACOMA Trd pro skid plate Tufskinz glovebox insert ch4x4 custom switches w/ cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades URD short throw shifter kit Cravenspeed Gauge mount JLT oil catch can N2 Designs remote start with smartphone module Trailer hitch step guard with locking pin Hondo garage unholy mount with ohnap magnetic mounts(driver and passenger side) Diamondback HD smooth bed cover Uptop Overland Diamondback truss rack system Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 mini with insulation liner Wolfbox G900 mirror and dashcam front and rear camera Seat jackers front and rear driver and passenger side Front seat jacker multi panel mounts driver and passenger side ////// (AWAITING ARRIVAL) None at this time (AWAITING INSTALL) Uptop overland rack lights dual function white and amber x8 /////// SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca (removed) Icon billet UCA Durobump bumpstops Runnin 4 Tacos lower control arm skids REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit ///// WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 ///// AUDIO Stinger Heigh10 10in multimedia display w/ tacoma flush mount integration kit and wireless AA adapter OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels,counsol and rear wall ///// LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" Hidden Bumper Light Bar Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Morimoto XB Led projector Gen 2 Black headlights with sequential turn signal MESO Customs/ Morimoto led sequential tail lights Morimoto XB Led projector fog lights Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals (REMOVED) Meso Customs blacked out ultimate v5 turn signals with white drl and sequential turn signal (INSTALLED) Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights (changed to meso customs headlight and taillights) Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights (REMOVED WITH PRO GRILL) KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites v2 rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods Baja designs rock lights with scenepods 2.0 for roof rack
    @TVH475 is this on a 3rd gen or 2nd gen like you have in your profile picture? what lift height did you end up achieving with that setup and what are the shock measurements from top to bottom eyelet for @southernutahguy. Also since he was asking what rear leaf pack did you go with and does your truck sit about level? These measurements could help him alot since he is going with a similar setup. I'm not saying the stock springs won't handle it by any means,these fox shocks are great and can take alot, I'm just saying depending on the lift height your going for and extra weight additions to the front a 14" would be more practical for certain applications to avoid a huge amount of coil compression to achieve same lift height out of the 13".

TVH475 likes this.
  5. Apr 17, 2020 at 7:13 AM
    TheBlueBeast15

TheBlueBeast15 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Metallic TRD Off Road double cab short bed
    Lookin sweet. Do you have extended length coilovers ?

6. Apr 17, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    outxider

outxider Never stop exploring. Rest in Paradise Big Bro.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sang
    East Bay, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB 4x4
    A few mods here and there and counting....
    Thanks. Yes, they're Fox 2.5 ext travel. I replaced the stock 13in 600lb springs with 14in 650lb units.

1TACOTONY likes this.
  7. Apr 17, 2020 at 8:21 AM
    TheBlueBeast15

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    That’s a nice setup.

outxider likes this.
  8. Apr 17, 2020 at 10:48 AM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    I'm running ome med. leaf springs, generally have 300 lb. in the back, but can go up by 250 lb when I fill my equip. tank or have a full cooler of beer, springs handle it well. I running my fronts a little high @ 22.5" from center of bolt to top of shock my truck sits pretty level, personally I like a little high in the front, but I know I'm already going against the advise of the Pro's so its my compromise. Yes 2nd gen, 09 LB

20190921_143008.jpg

1TACOTONY and RangerComa like this.
  9. Apr 17, 2020 at 11:15 AM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    MICHIGAN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    MISC. MODS WEBOOST overland cell booster Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Uptop overland alpha roof rack with inferno armortek and baja designs scenelighting EYECATCHER PRO Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill with raptor lights(REMOVED) DB CUSTOMS Toyota halo grill with backlighting TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Meso Customs Overhead hex rack (sunroof model) KTJO4X4 HUD FOR TACOMA Trd pro skid plate Tufskinz glovebox insert ch4x4 custom switches w/ cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades URD short throw shifter kit Cravenspeed Gauge mount JLT oil catch can N2 Designs remote start with smartphone module Trailer hitch step guard with locking pin Hondo garage unholy mount with ohnap magnetic mounts(driver and passenger side) Diamondback HD smooth bed cover Uptop Overland Diamondback truss rack system Ikamper Skycamp 3.0 mini with insulation liner Wolfbox G900 mirror and dashcam front and rear camera Seat jackers front and rear driver and passenger side Front seat jacker multi panel mounts driver and passenger side ////// (AWAITING ARRIVAL) None at this time (AWAITING INSTALL) Uptop overland rack lights dual function white and amber x8 /////// SUSPENSION COMPONENTS FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca (removed) Icon billet UCA Durobump bumpstops Runnin 4 Tacos lower control arm skids REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit ///// WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 ///// AUDIO Stinger Heigh10 10in multimedia display w/ tacoma flush mount integration kit and wireless AA adapter OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels,counsol and rear wall ///// LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" Hidden Bumper Light Bar Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Morimoto XB Led projector Gen 2 Black headlights with sequential turn signal MESO Customs/ Morimoto led sequential tail lights Morimoto XB Led projector fog lights Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals (REMOVED) Meso Customs blacked out ultimate v5 turn signals with white drl and sequential turn signal (INSTALLED) Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights (changed to meso customs headlight and taillights) Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights (REMOVED WITH PRO GRILL) KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites v2 rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods Baja designs rock lights with scenepods 2.0 for roof rack
    Thats a nice looking truck and setup as well as a good write up.

TVH475[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Apr 17, 2020 at 2:16 PM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    Thank you!

11. Apr 19, 2020 at 2:37 PM
    commonsense87

commonsense87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Edwards, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB w/ Flatbed
    35’s and a flatbed ‍♂️
    Alright guys almost done. One last question, is there any special technique to get the last bit of the of oil to bleed through the two ports and get the bearing cap flush? It won’t spin any further down and won’t seat completely. Any insight?

3F2D4F1C-A713-494A-8648-97422D85A95D.jpg

1TACOTONY likes this.
  12. Apr 20, 2020 at 11:52 AM
    TacoTime850

TacoTime850 Always Maybe Sometimes Never

Member:
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4
    2.5” lift, Fox 2.5 ext tvl adjustable w/ DSC, SPC adjustable UCAs, Icon RXT leaf pack, Superbump stops, 17x9 Fuel Podium Bronze wheels, 285/70/17 Cooper STT Pro
    I can’t answer your question, but man that orange looks good. Is this color scheme new for Tacoma or are you using a Fox shock not listed specifically for the Tacoma?

13. Apr 21, 2020 at 9:52 AM
    commonsense87

commonsense87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Edwards, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB w/ Flatbed
    35’s and a flatbed ‍♂️
    It's a 2.5 IBP and the stickers are just new ones. but the Steel-It black and the orange looks great. Just need to decide if I want to spruce up the springs as well.

TacoTime850[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Apr 21, 2020 at 11:29 AM
    13txtaco

13txtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma 4x4
    Flexing on sum fox

IMG_20200412_125840_01.jpg

TVH475 and TacoTime850 like this.
  15. Apr 23, 2020 at 1:15 PM
    Sandman TRD

Sandman TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
    I am considering doing a very similar set up from Accutune. Just not doing the DSC. How satisfied with the ride quality are you? Truck looks great.

Im trying to decide if I want to just go with Bilstein 6112/5160s or invest a little more and move up to the Fox 2.5s front / 2.0s rear.

Thanks for any insight.

AccuTune Offroad likes this.
  16. Apr 23, 2020 at 1:17 PM
    TacoTime850

TacoTime850 Always Maybe Sometimes Never

Member:
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4
    2.5” lift, Fox 2.5 ext tvl adjustable w/ DSC, SPC adjustable UCAs, Icon RXT leaf pack, Superbump stops, 17x9 Fuel Podium Bronze wheels, 285/70/17 Cooper STT Pro
    The ride is much, much better than the 5100/OME setup I had before. I am extremely satisfied with the new suspension and AccuTune.

17. Apr 23, 2020 at 7:12 PM
    TheBlueBeast15

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    That’s a sweet looking setup you got there. What’s the specs on the coilovers e.g. preload, spring rate, lift? Are you running a spindle lift too?

18. Apr 24, 2020 at 9:33 AM
    Sandman TRD

Sandman TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    Indy
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black DCSB TRD Off Road 4x4
  19. Apr 24, 2020 at 2:00 PM
    crux

crux Well-Known Member

Member:
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    OR
    Honeycomb composite sleeper platform.
    How does one replace the preload nut on a 2.5?

20. Apr 24, 2020 at 2:04 PM
    theick

theick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Las Vegas
    Take the bottom off like you were replacing the spring.

crux[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top