1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Life!!! Anything Related to Fox Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ThaiChillyTaco, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Apr 29, 2020 at 8:35 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    You are 100% correct, this photo was taken prior to final torque and trimming the u-bolts. We always trim those down so they do not hit under full bump. Shoot us a DM if you have specific questions, so we dont get super off topic in this thread. Bump stops come with Archives kit, work well. No on shock hose rubbing. The shock doesn't rotate very much. :thumbsup:

1TACOTONY likes this.
  2. Apr 29, 2020 at 8:59 AM
    OVR1LND

OVR1LND Whisker biscuit

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cavalry Blue Tacoma TRD OR DCSB
    TJM rock sliders, RCI bedrack, Smittybilt RTT, Cali Raised LED bed stiffeners,JDM ASTAR Headlights
    Agreed! If anyone is thinking about buying a lift kit...give @AccuTune Offroad a call. Theyre the best!
    I researched for months. (Ome, bilstein, ...) read through countless forums. If youre going to spend the money, youve got to have your shocks valved correctly for your application. These guys also have the best customer service out there. They answer evertime I call with a stupid question. Lol

3. Apr 29, 2020 at 5:19 PM
    cmbondo

cmbondo Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement DCSB TRD Offroad
    FOX 2.5 DSC and some other stuff too.
    If you are really concerned about adjusting the preload ring you can use a spring compressor like this without removing the coilover. Attach them with the truck on the ground, then jack it up and the spring is already compressed. Personally though, I have had no issues with adjusting under a loaded spring. Just get the tire in the air. And like others have said no spanner wrench, use a 5/16 punch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0039K4AJA/ref=cm_sw_r_apa_i_0KHQEbATT7RPD

4. Apr 29, 2020 at 6:13 PM
    m603holden

m603holden @Koditten Pirate Radio member #063

Member:
    First Name:
    Marteeen
    New England
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma DCSB OR MT
    Lots of sail boat fuel
    Grab a punch, lift the truck up, drown the threads in lube and you'll be OK.

5. Apr 30, 2020 at 6:56 AM
    TVH475

TVH475 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montrose CO
    After marring my brand new shocks with a cheap spring compressor I order the SPC compressor listed above, I also order the Fox wrench for my shocks

6. May 1, 2020 at 6:28 PM
    Tootall604

Tootall604 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma sb

7. May 1, 2020 at 10:00 PM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca Durobump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels and rear wall LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods
    This is very confusing and I am not sure what to think of it o_O

8. May 2, 2020 at 6:35 PM
    lukeoct8

lukeoct8 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport Black
    Anyone have Factory 2.5 w/ res front (0-3") and Performance 2.0 w/ res (0-1.5") in the rear or similar? I'm thinking of getting that without AAL for an around 2/1 lift. Thoughts on performance and look? Recommendations of getting the AAL or not? I haul hefty loads in the bed, occasional trailer, but only a couple times a month half the year. For now the full stock has been doing fine hauling as is.

9. May 2, 2020 at 10:20 PM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca Durobump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels and rear wall LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods
    @lukeoct8 The shocks themselves will not give you lift in the rear. You will have to either add a block or add a leaf or new leaf pack to achieve rear lift. Based on you saying that you tow and haul things I would go that route. Looks I would say I'm biased bc I have a fox setup and besides it being beautiful it rides like a dream. I have a few pics on my profile as well as a few posts back if you wanna check it out:thumbsup:

lukeoct8 likes this.
  10. May 4, 2020 at 7:19 AM
    Jonbark0404

Jonbark0404 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
    Wow, 123 pages. So I made it through the first 10 pages but way to much reading so I will ask some questions. Have a '19 TRD Pro and with cali raised sliders, diamondback bed cover, and prinsu roof rack. Just got some 17" SR8 -10 offset wheels with 275/70/70 Falken Wildpeaks. Well after some cutting, trimming, heating liners, and also probably needing a cmc before taking offroad. I am now looking at upgrading the suspension.....yes yes yes....changing a Pros suspension (If I did it all over, I would have gotten an OR and put the money into suspension, but live and learn). Also will probably do a cbi front bumper later.

Love the ride and smoothness of the stock Pro suspension. Doesn't feel like a truck in my opinion. I do a little off roading from time to time, but nothing major as there isnt a lot around me here in DFW.

So my question is this.
    1. What is equivalent to how the pro feels now (I do not want to downgrade) but would give me a little more lift?
    2. What is the difference between the Fox Level 3 and 4 kits on Headstrong Off-Road?
    3. Do I need to do a diff drop with these as well?

Or anymore words of wisdom.

11. May 4, 2020 at 8:27 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    If you don't want to downgrade the TRD Pro suspension, then I would suggest sticking to a Fox Suspension System. Fox 2.5 w/DSC would be a nice upgrade from what you have now. The shocks can be tuned to ride how you want, and the DSC adjusters will allow you to fine tune it even more. If you're only looking for slightly more lift than you have now (stock TRD Pro comes with 1" lift), maybe just stick to an add-a-leaf in the rear.
    You shouldn't need a diff drop, we don't feel they are necessary. If you have specific questions, feel free to shoot us a message!

12. May 5, 2020 at 11:34 AM
    madsand

madsand wanderer

Member:
    First Name:
    sandz
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Vehicle:
    2012 DBLCB LB sports 4x4 SC
    Icon 2.5" Remote Reservoir Extended Travel CDCV Icon tubular UCA Icon add a leaf Method NV wheels Nitto trail grappler MT 285/70/17 Weather Tech floor mat All Pro rock slider
    where do I find the part number on the coilovers, is it stamp on somewhere ?

13. May 5, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    PK930

PK930 4Runner, but y’all seem cooler

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    ‘12 4Runner
    Yes. Those do work but you’ll have to remove the coil over. Well, you might be able to wedge it in there buts it’s way easier off the truck.

14. May 6, 2020 at 7:53 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    At the bottom of the shock body, where the shaft goes into the body there should be a stamped part number on there. But it will be a slightly different P/N than what you will find online. Post that P/N and I can tell you what they are.

15. May 12, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    commonsense87

commonsense87 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Frisco, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    Just getting started again
    Alright guys the the time has come to choose the coil color, need your help. Black on black on black, or keep the silver and clean them up? These are 2.5 IBP’s

A9D9678E-AFC3-40F0-8085-8C1C33A5967E.jpg

16. May 12, 2020 at 4:47 PM
    RangerComa

RangerComa 58008

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB
    list is growing fast
    If you go with black, blackout the hose fittings as well.

commonsense87 and Tango Bravo like this.
  17. May 13, 2020 at 11:19 AM
    commonsense87

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Frisco, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    I think I'm going to stick with the silver. Painting the fittings would have me be a little concerned if I needed to change anything out in the future if I decide to keep these guys. Plus the silver with the black background looks killer I think.

18. May 14, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    Kailuayota

Kailuayota Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kailua, Oahu
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad Access Cab
    I would stick with silver but wouldn't paint, powder coat it.

commonsense87 likes this.
  19. May 14, 2020 at 12:20 PM
    Tango Bravo

Tango Bravo Sailing the Seven Seas

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    09 4x4, The Green Rubber Ducky
    Chaos 3.5" Race LT, RJ Fab Cantilever LT
  20. May 14, 2020 at 5:00 PM
    commonsense87

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Frisco, CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCLB
    I'm going to use Steel-It, since using I've found out the corrosion resistance is just on par with powder coat but the nice thing is touch up is so much easier.

To Top