1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Life!!! Anything Related to Fox Suspension

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by ThaiChillyTaco, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Sep 26, 2020 at 6:06 AM
    RangerComa

RangerComa 58008

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    17 DCLB
    list is growing fast
    Yeah, it will turn with it sometimes. No worries.

Tacompa likes this.
  2. Oct 8, 2020 at 8:38 AM
    Blk04SR

Blk04SR Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB 6 Speed Manual
    Nothing yet, TBD...
    Do a lot of people use the tundra rear shock? I plan to be loaded pretty good with a rear bumper, GFC, and gear.

3. Oct 8, 2020 at 8:50 AM
    TacoEspecial

TacoEspecial Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    13 Sliver TRD AC
    Bilstein 5100 885 AAL BAMF ARE MX Toyo MT 255/85x16
    Think they do but have them re-valued.
    Saw this on ShockWarehouse site.
    Also, Sounds like they are a tight fit in the bracket on the rear axel.
    Do it!

4. Oct 8, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    Blk04SR

Blk04SR Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    '20 TRD Offroad 4x4 DCSB 6 Speed Manual
    Nothing yet, TBD...
    I was reading more about it, doesn't look too common but Accutune Offroad is really close to me. I have to do more homework, I was watching a 3rd gen build on Expedition Portal and am basically doing that to my rig, but its will be a daily driver...luckily I don't have to drive that much on the daily.

5. Oct 8, 2020 at 9:09 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

AccuTune Offroad Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    Yes we do, but modify them to fit properly on a Tacoma.

Jared8907 likes this.
  6. Oct 8, 2020 at 9:52 AM
    gman36

gman36 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement DCSB OR
    I did, I also left the stock valving. I had to shave the rubber on the lower mount to get them to fit. However I think they have a longer shock body than the tacoma rear shocks, so if you dont have different bump stops, the shock body will bottom out before it hits your factory bump stops. This is the case with my setup, no one mentioned that to me and I found out after some rough hits.

AccuTune Offroad likes this.
  7. Oct 8, 2020 at 9:55 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Yes, you need a 1" bump stop spacer to work properly. Had you picked those up from us, we woulda had you dialed with valving and correct bump spacers ;)

TacoEspecial likes this.
  8. Oct 8, 2020 at 9:59 AM
    MGMStudioTaco

MGMStudioTaco Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trey
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tacoma Limited 4x4
    Grande Tires W/Kings
    bruh just buy a SPC spring compressor and don’t F your gear up

Tacompa and AccuTune Offroad like this.
  9. Oct 8, 2020 at 10:20 AM
    Tacompa

Tacompa Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Toyota Tacoma OR DCSB 4x4
    @MGMStudioTaco I'm as stubborn as the driver side CO. Good news though, the fronts are dialed in now. I ended up using a small diameter metal pipe over the punch for leverage and I didn't F up anything. Pheew! For the life of me, I can't understand why the passenger is cake but the driver is a PITA. Fronts are all dialed in. I'm at 21" top hat to middle of CO eyelet (per ACCUTUNE's suggestion) which is ~2.5" of total lift. On my setup I cannot get a 3" lift upfront without degrading performance. I paid for performance!

Now, I'm moving on to the rear. I'm running the ICON RXT leaf pack (option #2) with the Tundra rear shocks. I'm seeing about 2.75" to 3" of lift but the ICON documentation says I should be at 2.25". I haven't figured out why that is, it looks like I'll be trying option #1 soon.

All BS aside, I have the SPC compressors in my price tracker. I will end up buying them.

AccuTune Offroad likes this.
  10. Oct 8, 2020 at 10:27 AM
    Tacompa

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    @gman36 what setup do you have in the rears?

For anyone trying to run the Tundra shocks in the rear and you don't want to grind the sleeve down. I called Fox and they told me that the part numbers below are for the Tacoma. Remove the Tundra ones and press the Tacoma ones in. Or just buy your rears from @AccuTune Offroad and they'll hook you up.

Fox Tacoma bushing PN: 014-11-003-A
    Fox Tacoma sleeve PN: 213-27-004-B

I ordered and installed these with my setup.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  11. Oct 8, 2020 at 12:48 PM
    zippo88

zippo88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    L
    Vehicle:
    2012 sport
    Anyone have any links to a rebuild process for fox 2.5 with DSC's.
    I've been able to purchase the seal kit and oil. I've made my own nitrogen charger and now have an spc spring compressor. Now I feel kinda stuck.. Id like to know what other special tools are required to properly rebuild these coilovers. Some vids show an IFP Depth tool. Some use a friction band setting tool. There's also a DSC knob socket thing I've seen listed on kartecs website.. getting kinda overwhelmed with so much information scattered in different sites and videos.. could use an adult right about now haha

12. Oct 9, 2020 at 5:58 AM
    btot588

btot588 Well-Known Member

Member:
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma TSS 4x4, 2001 4runner
    Softopper, led bed and hood lights, rigid ditch lights, blue sea fuse block, wet okoles, weather tech floor mats and window shades, and more...
    Does anyone rebuild their own fox coilovers?
    How does it go for you?

13. Oct 14, 2020 at 9:06 PM
    Tacompa

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    I've heard some people add shrink tubing to the worm clamp for the external reservoirs. What are other ways people are mounting the external reservoirs for a cleaner look?

14. Oct 15, 2020 at 7:59 AM
    AccuTune Offroad

Member:
    Aside from the hose clamps being somewhat boring, the reservoir mount itself serves two purposes. #1 Mount the reservoir #2 acts as a sway bar drop spacer. Just keep that in mind if you switch to something else.

Tacompa likes this.
  15. Oct 15, 2020 at 3:07 PM
    1TACOTONY

1TACOTONY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno TRD Sport 4x4 M/T
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca Durobump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels and rear wall LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods
    I don't know if i would say cleaner but I used rubber protectors on the clamps to reduce rubbing/damage on the reservoir however small it may be otherwise. Gave me some piece of mind :D20200327_174906.jpg

16. Oct 15, 2020 at 5:14 PM
    Tacompa

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    Can you share a link to these?

17. Oct 15, 2020 at 6:01 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    Blacked out badges Black bedside decal Tacoma tailgate letter inserts Trd Pro grill TRD color match grill badge Color matched Trd Pro shifter Tinted windows Front and Rear MBRP 3" side exit exhaust w tip OCD center console organizer Meso Customs Flip Fob Key Meso Customs blacked out climate control rings Meso Customs blacked out vent rings Meso Customs blacked out 4x4 ring Meso Customs coin organizer M/T Meso Customs blacked out steering wheel emblem overlay Meso Customs blacked out handle covers Tufskinz glovebox insert Custom ch4x4 switches w cubby panel Lil B's bed stiffeners with bottle opener Inferno Door sill guard inserts Rear passenger dual USB charge port Rear window switch relocation mod Taco Time plate frame AVS low profile in channel vent shades SUSPENSION FRONT Fox 2.5 extended travel coilover remote resi with adjuster and added protection for the reservoir Sway bar relocation kit Spc adjustable uca Durobump bumpstops REAR Fox 2.0 extended travel remote resi with adjuster and Fox roost guards Toytec (Deaver)3 leaf progressive aal Durobump 4.25 bumpstops with Ubolt flip kit WHEELS AND TIRES FN FX Pro matte black w import equipment center decal BFG KO2 285/70/17 AUDIO OEM Audio Reference 450Q w/ subwoofer Soundskin Pro sound deadening doors,panels and rear wall LIGHTING Rigid Radiance+ Amber backlighting 30" HBLB Rigid Radiance Scene pods with amber backlighting Meso Customs blacked out ultimate turn signals Meso customs puddle lights w switch TRD pro tail lights Mic tuning 2 bar triple row tailgate bar with brake,reverse and sequential turn VLed upgrade vanity lights Meso Customs ultimate map light Meso Customs dual brightness cab light Led upgrade turn,brake,side markers and plate lights Hid headlights Hi/Low and fogs Import equipment 3rd brake light cover Raptor grill lights KTJO4X4 door handle lighting Yota mafia KC hilites rock light 6 light kit with auto on feature UPTOP Overland Underhood lighting with Baja designs pods
  18. Oct 15, 2020 at 6:11 PM
    zippo88

zippo88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    L
    Vehicle:
    2012 sport
    Those are just basic clips. Guessing you took the rubber insulator out and added them to the gear clamp that came with the resi.

19. Oct 15, 2020 at 6:14 PM
    1TACOTONY

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Vehicle:
    Sure did. It fits perfect and feels more secure to me.

20. Oct 15, 2020 at 6:14 PM
    Tacompa

Member:
    San Jose, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks! In my mind those worm clamps look cheap on $2K coilovers. I'm trying to make them look better. Lol

Jared8907 likes this.
To Top