1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Ultimate Lift Kit

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by medic7556, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Apr 3, 2020 at 9:36 AM
    medic7556

medic7556 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    Vehicle:
    17 MGM Tacoma SR5 4x4 DCSB
    I have started an overland build for on my 2017 SR5. I already have the RCI aluminum skids and rock sliders. I have also upgraded my tires to Falken Wildpeaks at3w 265/75R16. I am wanting to do a really good lift kit on my 2017 SR5. I have chosen the Fox Ultimate lift kit. It seemed to be an all in one kit including front differential drop kit, rear axle shims and extended brakes lines. I am getting the 2 in 661 lbs Dakar springs. I have a few questions.

Does anyone beside Bilsteinlifts.com sell this same exact kit? I have not been able to find one.

Does anyone have this lift on their truck and how does it ride? Any maintenance require? Any issues?

Any other comparable kits I could look at (Kings, Icon..etc?)

Thanks for all the help TW

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiVmunM1czoAhUkhVoFHQbmCXAYABAUGgJ2dQ&ae=1&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQOD2OF4cn4d54Q4sqUmTmYBI9Z_TtuVMlPkj7a2iBHBJgSEAxvArigq8Bt_LtsckI9trgsp4ORBnR2b_hhE1Dss&sig=AOD64_1-NIqbFhu0k57w247v2evORS7onw&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwims93M1czoAhVNSN8KHQ4HBu8Qwg96BAgLEAo&adurl=https://www.bilsteinlifts.com/shop/toyota-tacoma/2016-and-up/2016-lift-kits/fox-ultimate-suspension-lift-kit-2005-2015-toyota-tacoma/?gclid=CjwKCAjwvZv0BRA8EiwAD9T2VRmbolOwTyX6ZJ_xvwEIFmVkZU6HOJv7eszBT2U5lJy7wcN4NbH1KxoCpjIQAvD_BwE

FOX-3-inch-Ultimate-Suspension-Lift-Kit-for-2005-2017-Toyota-Tacoma (1).jpg

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  2. Apr 3, 2020 at 11:51 AM
    TacoTime850

TacoTime850 Always Maybe Sometimes Never

Member:
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCSB 4x4
    2.5” lift, Fox 2.5 ext tvl adjustable w/ DSC, SPC adjustable UCAs, Icon RXT leaf pack, Superbump stops, 17x9 Fuel Podium Bronze wheels, 285/70/17 Cooper STT Pro
    Many companies carry full kits. I got my Fox mid travel kit from AccuTune Offroad. They tune the shocks for your specific vehicle, weight, driving style for free as part of their customer service. It does make a difference.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
    medic7556[OP] likes this.
  3. Apr 3, 2020 at 11:52 AM
    eurowner

eurowner Duke Sky

Member:
    First Name:
    Scoty
    The Syncro Ranch, Salida ColoRADo
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDOR DCLB FTMFWBBQ Silver Sky Met
    Bilstein 8112+650lb coils, 8100+Deaver Stage II leaf pack, SPC UCA, DuroBumps, Mobtown 0* sliders W/fill plates, Mobtown Recovery Bar, Radium PVC & CCV Dual Oil Separator Catch Can System, Snugtop Hiliner Sport, ATH bed Stiffeners (cuz bottle openers!) and front corner tie down, Badger plates for Firestone airbag + Relentless U-bolt flip + Daystar cradles, TRD Pro shift knob, TRD Exhaust, HPS Silicone intake tube, Green Filter, TRD Intake Air Accelerator, 265-70-17 Toyo Open Country ATIII on TRD 17"Rockwarrior Cold Forged wheels, TRD alloy front skid, RCI Aluminum transmission & transfer case skids. Much Meso awesomeness, FreshMexicanTaco TacoGarage Camera Controller + DDM, WarFab Sheridan hitch skid, Rago LCA steel skids + lower rear shock guards, ScanGauge II, FN Koning Countersteer 16" spare, OEM T4R 90105-14104 coilover lower mounting eye bolts
    Get SPC UCAs

Mully likes this.
  4. Apr 3, 2020 at 12:40 PM
    jmauvais

jmauvais Received 2 votes in a poll one time.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    ...stuff
    I have a similar set up. It rides great. There is a fox forum with lots of different opinions on it, and check headstrong off-road out. They have great prices and super helpful to TW members (and everyone really). Very knowledgeable. They also give you options on the UCAs and the leaf packs.

all my research told me these need to be rebuilt at about 50k miles, but they could go to 100k if you don’t abuse them too hard. If you live in wet areas, spend 10 bucks on film protectant to prevent rust.

5. Apr 3, 2020 at 2:06 PM
    joechef

joechef Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Seattle, WA
    I second Headstrong Offroad. Great customer service, incredibly knowledgeable and will walk you through questions you have and provide recommendations based on your needs. I bought a very similar setup to what you're looking at. This one specifically:
    https://www.headstrongoffroad.com/s...OME_Dakar_Leaf_Packs_-_05__Toyota_Tacoma.html

It's a huge upgrade over stock. If you have the $, make sure you get the coilvers and shocks with the adjusters. You can adjust the stiffness of the compression whenever you want to make it ride more firm or softer depending on whether you're daily driving or offroad (or if your preferences change). There isn't any more maintenance necessarily vs what you already have on the truck. The one caveat to that is many folks with the Dakar leaf pack complain of a speaking sound that develops overtime. I haven't researched enough or have a POV on how i'd address that if it happens to me but that could be a potential ongoing cost.

Products Discussed in

To Top