1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fox Wing Awning + Annex GB

Discussion in 'Automotive Group Buys' started by SoCalTacos, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Feb 17, 2018 at 10:27 AM
    cemented

cemented Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cole
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD PRO Cement AT Maggy 87mm

A quick search and I've found a few options that may/may not help depending on what crossbars you have:

https://www.etrailer.com/Accessorie...hk0HBvKNpp1QoFbj2KrXXGqcxZPbKssMaAgLmEALw_wcB

https://www.realtruck.com/rhino-rac...RtBg_swxl-cHyEVgQEy54EU8DjPNXusMaAslUEALw_wcB

2. Feb 18, 2018 at 6:59 AM
    jaredc2306

jaredc2306 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    San Antonio, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2016 ACLB TRD OR Quicksand
    Dang, I wish I saw this group buy sooner. I want the fox wing awning! Prinsu already on order too...

If someone backs out of their drivers side awning, I’m interested.

3. Feb 22, 2018 at 10:16 PM
    JNgo

JNgo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    San Jose, CA
    Damn is this still going on. I want in for the awning.

4. Feb 25, 2018 at 8:14 PM
    BradsTaco

BradsTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Texas/Montana/Florida
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD 4x4 DCLB
    What he said

5. Mar 1, 2018 at 3:46 AM
    6806goats

6806goats New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
    Missed it as well.

6. Mar 10, 2018 at 2:25 PM
    Quadabaum

Quadabaum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    265/75R16 Falkens, ADS 2.5" Stage 3 Suspension, Go Fast Camper
    Any more updates? I saw "beginning of March".

7. Mar 12, 2018 at 11:58 AM
    SoCalTacos

SoCalTacos [OP] Turd runner

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    UPDATE: Customs cleared the container this morning. Still waiting for the BOL from the manufacturer so they can release the merchandise. I am in touch with the broker and will hopefully have the order within the week. Sorry for the delay and will update again as soon as I receive the order.

Thanks!

8. Mar 13, 2018 at 6:56 AM
    mtbkr

mtbkr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Allan
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2014 Super White DCSB SR5 4x4
    modifying my truck one group buy at a time
    :yes:

9. Mar 14, 2018 at 8:29 AM
    SoCalTacos

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    Update: alright guys, long story short, the manufacturer and I found out last night that we were scammed and the payment I sent for the merchandise was rerouted to the scammers bank account. The manufacturer is reviewing exactly what happened, but it seems like a Chinese hacker intercepted our email thread, inserted themselves in the conversation, and was communicating with both manufacturer and myself. The merchandise IS at port and the manufacturer will most probably release the BOL that I've been waiting for release of the merchandise. This is a first for me, as I've been dealing with China for many years without incident. I will update the thread as soon as I get confirmation from the manufacturer. Lesson learned, I suppose.
    Thanks for understanding and I will update asap.

10. Mar 14, 2018 at 8:51 AM
    Quadabaum

Quadabaum Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 DCSB
    265/75R16 Falkens, ADS 2.5" Stage 3 Suspension, Go Fast Camper
    That doesn't sound good, is there any way to file a claim is the company doesnt release the product?

SoCalTacos[OP] likes this.
  11. Mar 14, 2018 at 9:48 AM
    SoCalTacos

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    I can contact Alibaba and file a dispute. Since the merchandise is at port in Los Angeles, it would behoove the manufacturer to release it rather than have it shipped back. Worst case scenario we split the costs and chalk it up to a learning experience. I just want you guys to know that you're getting your awnings and annexes one way or another. I also have until tomorrow to pick up from port before being charged fees for storage because of the BOL not being sent. Anyway, I'm in communication with the management there and we're trying to come up with a solution that works for both parties involved. Your patience is appreciated, guys.

12. Mar 14, 2018 at 1:19 PM
    wolfgang123

wolfgang123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    atleast they are here..no sense in shipping them back so hopefully that works out for us.

tacolvr70 and SoCalTacos[OP] like this.
  13. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:34 PM
    SoCalTacos

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    So I just got confirmation from the manufacturer that they will release the BOL in the morning. The banks are investigating the transaction in hopes to recover the funds. Not going to hold my breath on that one. Anyways, like I said before, I will begin contacting you guys once I receive the merchandise.

Thank you

Red Demon, tacolvr70, mtbkr and 3 others like this.
  14. Mar 14, 2018 at 9:31 PM
    Farcedude

Farcedude Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Westminster, CO
    Vehicle:
    ‘23 MGM DCSB OR
    WOOOOO great to hear!

15. Mar 16, 2018 at 8:20 PM
    Shadowhunter

Shadowhunter Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    I’m sorry if I come across a little salty but WTF is going on with our money?

16. Mar 16, 2018 at 9:47 PM
    wolfgang123

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4

Chill, learn to read. You and everyone else if getting our awnings. The manufacturer is releasing the awnings

4x4Taco09 and SoCalTacos[OP] like this.
  17. Mar 16, 2018 at 10:10 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    Whats under the truck? OME 886’s Nitro Chargers 1/4” top plate spacers 1.5” Icon add-a-leaf for a total of 3” front and rear. 275/80/17 MTR’s SCS Ray10’ URD Stage 2 clutch Heavy Flywheel Clutch Masters Hydro Bering What’s on the front? Cbi bumper steel. Smittybilt X20 10k Under the hood? Ultimate headlight and fog light harnesses 100w/90w H4Headlights 9011 60wHir Fogs Anytime fog mod Northstar Group 34 14.7 Voltage booster Red Line hood struts K&N replacement filter on secondary air pump K&N air cleaner Donbison Snorkle In the cab? Wet Okie seat covers Petal Comander Meso Maps and Dome Molle panels on the consol Flyeyze Under the climate controls,glove box and center consol TRD Logo plates over door latches Weather Tech Floor mats with Custom TRD stickers Weather Tech Rain guards Weather Tech bug shield Full Head liner of patches On the bed? Snug-top Rebel Yakima racks Chinese knock off bat wing awning with walls Water Port Quick Fists Mount Bed Mat Anti theft tail gate bracket Trailer plug relocate Coms? Buofeng Navigation Garmin Alpha 100 ( Hound hunting GPS System) ECGS Bushing Cobra Rx75 Cb Home made sleeping platform with drawers. On the bench waiting to go in? 3* Cam Gears. Powder Coated Valve Covers Custom 3/4” intake spacer
    You learn to read I didn’t ask about the awnings. :crapstorm::duel:

18. Mar 16, 2018 at 10:15 PM
    wolfgang123

Member:
    First Name:
    Skyler
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    1997 TACOMA - 4x4
    You paid, we will all be receiving our awnings. Not sure why you want to be concerned with anything other than that.

Either way the money was stolen as the OP said. Its China and even worse..alibabla or however it’s spelled, pretty much anything is just a roll of the dice at that point.

19. Mar 16, 2018 at 10:58 PM
    Shadowhunter

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Birdsview Washington
    Vehicle:
    13’ DCSB MT Sport
    I’m concerned because I have $540 invested in this and have not received an awning. Chinese/Albanian hackers stole the money. :sorry:

RigginsTaco and SoCalTacos[OP] like this.
  20. Mar 19, 2018 at 10:49 AM
    SoCalTacos

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    2017 4Runner TRD Pro
    Led head/dtr lights.
    Guys, no need to argue about this. The awnings and annexes should be delivered today or tomorrow according to my broker. The manufacturer admitted that their computers were hacked in January, the sales rep I was working with noticed the discrepancy in the email handle but didn't question it or reach out on Alibaba messenger (more secure) and they accepted responsibility for it. With that said, the sales rep is asking me to split the loss down the middle which I am not willing to do for obvious reasons. I don't make money on these transactions to pay out of pocket for their mistake and irresponsibility. If this means I can't order from them in the future, so be it. I want to be as transparent with you all as possible. There's no need to worry about your money, as you paid for an item that you will be receiving.
    I will be contacting you guys for ship to addresses, but if you're reading this, you can PM me your address in advance to setup shipping.

Thank you

Quadabaum, Red Demon and Farcedude like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top