1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

frame replacement

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by mixaro, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Feb 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM
    mixaro

mixaro [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    ok how long did it take for everyone else to get there frame replaced? they have had mine since monday afternoon so they started tuesday and they just called me (thursday) and said it was done, i think that was a little fast. it's not a big toyota garage, so i was expecting a little longer, and dooes toyota give them 60 hours for this. plus i had them replace one of my cv boot ( i supplied the part) and told them that if it was going to cost anything call me first, and let me know because they didn't know if it was, so if it was going to cost me i was just going to do it myself. so when they called me today they said they replaced it and it was going to cost me half price, personally i don't think i should pay because i told them not to do it if it was going to cost me. anyway what do you guys think. oh yeah and i told them that i wanted my old lower control arms because i had just replaced the bushings in them, and the told me that they couldn't get them off (bs cause i put thme back on with tons of never seize) and then they told me that if i wanted them so bad i could go "dig them out of the f-ing snow bank) wtf?

2. Feb 17, 2011 at 1:39 PM
    90YotaPU

90YotaPU The Messiah

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Union County, NJ
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota 4x4 (Pre-Taco)
    Aftermarket Stereo, Spidertrax Wheel Spacers, HF Air Horns, 3" Lift
    They ended up buying mine back but before that they told me it was going to take a month. They said two weeks to get the frame and two weeks to change it over.

3. Feb 17, 2011 at 1:43 PM
    mixaro

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    cat-back exhaust, k&n replacement filter, 5100 billy's, hellcreek 1.5" rear spring packs, 882 OME coils, Toytec 2" AAl, stainless brake lines, Light Racing UCA, 1" diff drop, BPV bracket, 4" deck plate mod, 886 fog light backup light mod, tom woods one piece drive shaft, spider trax 1.25 spacer.
    yeah i thought 3 days was a little quick since this garage only has 5 car bays.

4. Feb 17, 2011 at 1:51 PM
    scottri

scottri Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Tigard Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 Sport DC TRD Sport PreRunner
    Cover King Seat Covers, WeatherTech Liners, PopNLock, storage bin locks, N-Fab Step bars, and G4 Elite Tonneau cover.
    I'd be pissed about the snow bank comment. I think I'd be having a conversation with the manager over shit like. No excuse to treat a customer that way.

5. Feb 17, 2011 at 2:00 PM
    mixaro

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    thats what i thought, that particular service manager and i have had words before, and he's been a dink to my other friends that have had their frames done there. i'd talk to the manager/ owner cause i know his son and i'm friends with his son, but he doesn't seem interested in it, because last time i had a problem with this service manager he didn't do anything about it. i swear when i go get my truck tomorrow and anything is screwed up i'm going to flip, it went in perfect it should come out perfect. now what exactly do they replace from what i understand it's the frame, leaf springs( which i didn't need) lower control arms, brake lines, ebrake cable, brake fluid, antifreeze, recharge the ac, alignment, and that labor is free right( hence i shouldn't have to pay for the cv bot replacement if i supplied the parts). did i miss anything oh yeah i bet they didn't do the ebrake cable cause i had to use and extended cab one after my lift. oh i'm so pissed right now

6. Feb 17, 2011 at 6:19 PM
    spidy3

spidy3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    01 DC TRD V6
    stock
    with 2 people and several available lifts it takes about 14 hrs

7. Feb 18, 2011 at 12:49 PM
    mixaro

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    oh my f-ing god! i just got back from the dealership and just as i expected they screwed up stuff. i had marked the driver side suspension with white paint, and told them that it was to go back on the driver side and with did they do, they mixed it up. Then they tried to tell me that they couldn't print out my alignment results. wow what do they think i'm an idiot. then the service rep was a total douche and told me that i was being to picky and i should be greatful that i was getting a new frame. i told him i was and that i just wanted my truck back the way it was. needless to say they have my truck even longer now to fix the suspension. then to top it off they are trying to make me pay for the cv boot replacement, $30 for the labor, i supplied the part. They said they supposedly called toyota and that toyota said that i had to pay wtf, they had the whole front end apart anyway.

8. Feb 18, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    Canadian Girl

Canadian Girl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kim
    Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    07 X Runner
    Billet 5 piece Grille, Pink X-Brace, Pink Devil Horns, Stereo with Sub-X, short shifter, URD intake, Xii street drop, Vinyl custom interior dash,......... for now ;)
    Go to the dealer principle.....don't put up with that crap. and i would go over ur truck with a fine tooth comb. You don't know what else they did to it

9. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:23 PM
    mixaro

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    yeah i'm going to but you want to know whats funny. About five minutes after my post the stealership called me and asked me to come back down (lucky they're only 10 minutes up the road). So when i go there the fun began, i ended up helping them finish changing my suspension to right, and here is the funniest part, i'm the one who ended up aligning it while their alignment tech who supposedly just does alignments all day watched. ha ha what a friggin joke, needless to say i just got my truck back and i'm going to put it on my lift tomorrow and go over the whole damn thing with a fine tooth comb. oh and i guess they decided not to charge me for the labor of doing my cv boot cause i asked if i was all set and they said yes. Either they were sick of me or they forgot about it cause they were trying to close up shop. But the service manager that was being a douche was kissing my ass, and told me that if i was having anymore problem just let them know and they would take care of it. Guessing he got spoke to, or he was just blowing smoke, either way time will tell, and i'm never dealing with that yota dealership again.

10. Feb 18, 2011 at 2:50 PM
    lotsoftoys

lotsoftoys pavement is boring....

Member:
    First Name:
    Jace
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    98 lifted panda taco
    bunch of crap
    it sux to read stuff like this... cuz i am a tech at a dealership here in denver. Im still an apprentice, but the master tech i work with... we have done a frame and we just got another one. him and i with the first one it took 26 hours. not bad for the first time. turned out great and its been a month. no news is good news in our business. but it sux hearing other Toyota dealerships are hack jobs that rush through stuff to make a buck. id rather take the time, make it right... we're getting 60 hours for it. its freaking gravy, why rush u no?

11. Feb 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    mixaro

Member:
    maine
    Vehicle:
    02 tacoma ext cab
    thats what i said to them, but my local dealership is a bunch of con artist and are just out to make money. I mean there new yotas are actually like $5000 more then the ones if i just drive like a little over an hour to another dealership.

To Top