1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Freedom of Speech @ Chick-Fil-A - The NON-T-shirt Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by JSFoster75, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 2, 2012 at 6:59 AM
    jjew18

jjew18 the Nightman cometh!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alliance Airport
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner SR5
    Added extra awesomeness to its original awesomeness.
    For all of you ready to boycott, gays are not banned from eating at Chick-fil-a, have a good work friend who said yesterday he still loves the food and will still eat there. I assure you that you do not share the same political views with at least half of the businesses you frequent, big deal, you are allowed to have your beliefs and still function as a part of society. As for the supporters of Chick-fil-a, I feel this has become like the occupy movement, no one really knows what the cause is. I've heard everything from freedom of speech, Christian values, anti-gay etc. Whatever your cause good for you, but do you think the otherside picked up the message or now the think you hate gays?

This whole thing is stupid and what is wrong with America that everyone gets butt hurt by what he said or she did then they became extremists to the cause despite not knowing what they are really fighting for.

2. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:00 AM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    I'll just stick to the Roscoe's, not due to politics but fried chicken goes great with waffles! I will say I support free speach even if I don't alway agree with whats said.

3. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:06 AM
    GEORGE STRAIT

GEORGE STRAIT (Not the real George Strait)

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    It's retarded how christianity has become synonymous with hatred when in fact it is a religion based on completely the opposite. Sorry, but you're a dumbass.

4. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.

It's an exclusionary statement, which is just as bad as saying I don't support gay and lesbian couples or their rights. Don't be a monkey tard.

5. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:11 AM
    roofanintn

roofanintn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010Tacoma Prerunner
    None (yet)
    Being called a dumbass by someone who thinks he's George Strait, Ha Ha, now that's just GOLDEN!!!

And as I said earlier, Name calling and attacks, typical internet message board behavior! Good job there "George Strait" ya done good ole boy!

6. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    bridgcat

bridgcat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 4x4 SR5 TRD Offroad
    Avid Off-road Light bar w/ Line-X, American Aluminum Black LP Toolbox, N Fab black step bars,In-Channel Vent Visors, two 10" Rockford subs, Pioneer Double Din DVD player w/ Metra dash kit, 285/65R18 Nitto Trail Grappler MT/s. 18x9" Black XD Monsters. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. Color matched grille with FJ Tacoma badge. De-badged with black, "4x4" badge on tail gate. Mud flap delete mod. Custon TRD decal, color matched rear bumper, Icon extended travel reservoir coilovers, Icon rear reservoir shocks, Dakar rear leaf pack, extended stainless steel brake lines, Camburg uniball upper control arms, timeren bump stops,Beefed Taco carrier bearing drop, Rockford Fosgate Door speakers, Dynomat doors and rear panel, All pro front bumper.
    I am certain I will catch flack for this but....I stand by what God teaches us in the Bible. Does that mean I hate homosexuals? No, not at all. I don't hate anyone. I disagree with it. I stand by what is taught in the Bible in 1st Corinthians, Leviticus, Romans and Genesis. It's not okay to disagree with something in this nation if it goes against popular opinion or if it's not PC even if it is not meant to be hateful you are immediately vilified. If you do, you get labeled a hate monger, ignorant and a bigot which is ridiculous. I will NEVER be an advocator of hate! Will I be respectful of other peoples choices and actions? Yes. Will I always agree with others choices and actions? No. I wish everyone happiness and health but I don't have to agree with how they got there, but it's not my place to vilify them for their choices...but I don't have to support it. But honestly...what do people expect when you ask a conservative Christian man about his personal beliefs? I would venture to say that most people know Chick Fil-A was based on Christian principals, they're even closed on Sundays as a day of rest. If I ask a homosexual how they feel on gay marriage can I really get angry when they say they support it? No...not at all because I should have known what i was getting into when I asked that question. Hate was brought into this debate and that word should never have even shown up. God does not teach us to hate anyone, rather he teaches us to love as taught in the New testement, even if they go against what we as Christians believe. Rather than trying to be God and pass judgement on any individual, a better option may be to offer prayers to those struggling with any issue.

I personally don't eat Chick Fil-A....made me really sick once. I stick to Popeyes and Zaxbys!

7. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:12 AM
    GEORGE STRAIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    You and everyone else who makes a big deal out of this statement are the monkey tards

8. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:13 AM
    roofanintn

roofanintn Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2010Tacoma Prerunner
    None (yet)
    I'm not acting victimized, I am stating my opinion in a non-threatening, non-name calling manner. Obviously, things some of you around here seem unable to do!

Now, let's here another good ole put down since that seems to be your only ammo.

9. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:14 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    If you people get all burnt out of shape about one comment taken out of context from Chic-Fil-A, then stop driving your fucking truck. The owners of OPEC put homosexuals to death for looking at another man wrong.

10. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    chick fila can keep their antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ :stirthepot:

11. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    hear :cool:

12. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    Redgrom

Redgrom http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    san clemente
    Vehicle:
    4x4 taco and 96 ford bronco
    ATO front skid (need more but icon's might fail if I hang anything else from my truck) All-Pro front bumper thanks to a good deal here and a pesky encounter with a rock or 20, total chaos uppers.
    Think you missed my point, I was not directly referencing what he said but was making a much broader statement about freedom of speach. It has to apply across the board or it's not freedom of speach. Don't let it get you so worked up.

13. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:18 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.

14. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:19 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Who gives a fuck? They make chicken, eat it or don't.... I don't see anyone going around to other retailers asking them what their ethical values are and then choosing whether to buy based on that.... It's fucking chicken.

15. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    straycat241

straycat241 maXXXed out mid travel

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD off road 4x2
    airaid intake, jba headers, jba exhaust, DMZ enginecage, King 2.5 coilovers , 1.25camburg uca's, total chaos lca's, shock hoops with Icon 2.5 piggybacks, camburg 4.0 Spindles, Defined engineering SUA, King 2.5" Shocks w/Reservoir, King 2.5 Bumpstops,shocktacobumper,moto metal 951's, compartment locks, blackgrill,Glassworks fenders front and rear,ViS racing glass hood,PIAA 510s,hella 500's,black rebadge,fabtech spare tire holder,tailgate delete,mudflaps delete,cobra 19 ultra iii
    what are in n out's thoughts on this subject since they have bible verses on their cups?

16. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    GEORGE STRAIT

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Da Magic City, AL
    Vehicle:
    Smart Fortwo '10 Hybrid
    Nobody has ever used the word hate in this situation. You and all the other homosexuals just point the finger and put words in people's mouths..and make yourselves look ignorant in the process.

17. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    suttonkb

suttonkb GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Clemson, SC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SAS incoming
    Funny to me because this is what Cathy did. Was ASKED a question and stated his opinion in a non-threatening, non name-calling manner. Hmm...

18. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    Not being in the south, and only being in California which has a lot of hippies and liberals, it is a smart move for them to not comment.

19. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    So you don't wear clothing woven of two different materials? :p

They're a christian-based company so it's readily assumed what their stance will be on many topics. The problem is that when that stance was publicly voiced rather than simply assumed, they backpedaled. If they'd simply stood by their convictions, this would have blown over.

[​IMG]

Their principles trip over the usual stumbling points and make their convictions more a matter of convenience than steadfast guidelines for living. It hurts their credibility and they were being called on the hypocrisy, but that's too complicated to grasp so the news opted for the "OMG they hate teh gheys!" approach and people clung to it.

[​IMG]

20. Aug 2, 2012 at 7:22 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Good point... Shit's delish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top