1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Freeman Toyota in DFW comes through like a champ.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Reaper10, Mar 8, 2010.

1. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    Reaper10

Reaper10 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    I've had my 2010 DC TRD Off Road 4x4 since October last year and I've found TW to be the source of answers to almost every question I've had about my truck. I took my Tacoma in to Freeman Toyota for a regularly scheduled oil change (hey it was free...) I went with a copy of the transmission lag TSB and the rear leaf spring TSB. I explained to the service rep (Justin) exactly what the truck was doing and that I wanted the TSB's done. Justin told me he would take a look at everything and get back to me. Having read TW forums everyday since October I was gearing up for a fight to get the TSB's done. An hour later Justin comes out to tell me the oil was changed, the ECU was re-flashed IAW the TSB and the rear springs were on order and would be in tomorrow. I have an appointment for 7:30 Wednesday morning to get my rear springs replaced. No fight, no hassle, no arguing. I will continue to give Freeman Toyota my business solely because Justin was awesome. Thanks for a great Dealership experience guys.

2. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    Capita

Capita Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport Double Cab
    Thats great to hear. It's nice when your actually treated with respect. :)

3. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Slimwood Shady

Slimwood Shady I love your mom!

Member:
    First Name:
    Linwood
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    '23 TRD Pro Tundra; 996TT; '16 Odyssey
    #nomods
    That is awsome! Mine went just as smooth!

4. Mar 8, 2010 at 4:32 PM
    kulitxplod

kulitxplod Well-Known Member

Member:
    Middle TN
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC PreRunner
    Freeman Toyota in DFW this thumb's for you......

OP, I won't bring up your post count, hell my is low too. But should I find out that you are an agent of the dealership be acknowledged that I will take this thumb away in a heartbeat......Ask TOD....Check the other threads....Don't jerk us around, just treat us fair.

5. Mar 8, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    Reaper10

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    Billstein 5100's all around, ToyTec coilovers up front, ToyTec 1.5" AAL in the rear with TSB leaf springs, Light Racing Upper Control Arms, XD Revolvers in Black wrapped in 265/70/17 BFG TA/KOs, AFE Pro Dry S Airfilter, Pioneer AVIC-X920BT in-dash NAVI, Devil Horns by Andres, 14 inch shorty antenna
    I know the post count is pretty pitiful, but I'm really more of a reader than a talker. Honest, not affiliated with the dealership in anyway other than a happy customer. Watch that post count jump as soon as I get off my butt and start the mods... :)

6. Mar 8, 2010 at 5:20 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    I am glad u had good luck there. I had a little different experience with the sales dept there. I will not be back there for any reason. Basiclly it tool them 2 months to register my truck and did not resolve it till I thretened to call the state.

7. Mar 8, 2010 at 5:35 PM
    Reaper10

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Oak Harbor, Washington
    Vehicle:
    '10 Silver DC 4x4 TRD OR
    When I bought my Taco from them they did a real good job by me. Granted the sales manager wanted my BMW in a real bad way for his wife and the deals are always smoother when you have something they want. I had a similar experience with the registration though. My truck was registered real quick, within a week or so, but a few months later I got one of those pass through toll bills in the mail. You know the one's where you just roll through the toll and they send you a bill based on your license plate? The bill was for November and December and I traded the BMW in on the Taco in October. I just chalked it up to a paperwork snafu but now I'm kinda wondering...

Products Discussed in

To Top