1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Friday Night Offroading (3-26-10)

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by dysfunctnlretard, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Apr 2, 2010 at 8:06 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    He didn't think you were gay did he? :confused: If he was talking about driving your truck - don't worry, well have to film you next time so you can watch like we do! :D

2. Apr 2, 2010 at 8:34 PM
    TRICOMA

TRICOMA Tacoma with the TRI package

Member:
    First Name:
    Tri
    Carlsbad, CA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma DC SB 4x4 TRD Off Road
    King Off-Road Shock Coilover 2.5 with Resi in the front. King Off-Road Shocks 2.5 with Resi's for the rears, Rear Spring TSB, KMC XD Enduros 16x8, Black Vinyl Fenders, Bed compartment locks, Cobra 19 DX IV with Lil Wil mag mount antenna, CoverKing Seat covers front and rear, Built Right UCAs, Aluminess Expedition Bumper, GY Wrangler MT/R with Kevlar 265/75-16, Custom hybrid style rock sliders.
    Good to see that they covered it.

3. Apr 2, 2010 at 10:14 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    What are you going to do with the $1,700 you 'saved?' That is the way it works you know!!! :eek: :D :)

4. Apr 3, 2010 at 8:58 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    pay my taxes. LOL.

I took the truck back in. It makes a knocking noise after I shift into drive or reverse and roll it a little. They said they'd give me a diagnosis by Tuesday. This keeps pushing me to trade it in :(. Ill see whats up.

Paul: seems like the areas we were in had shitty reception. Ill give you back the wheels asap. I know you need these rugged fails for your hardcore wheelin ;)

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    You should be charging me for 'storage!' :) Plus dont look too closely cause there's a lug or two missing on one of those tires!!! :eek:

6. Apr 5, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    hey my girlfriends in charge of service scheduling and all the computer stuff at the frank toyota in national city in san diego. if u want, come down here, shell take care of u (i know theres gonna be jokes after the "take care of u" comment)...anyways ull get a discount as well

7. Apr 5, 2010 at 11:29 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon

Thanks man I appreciate the offer but hopefully they fixed my truck. They called me this morning to tell me its ready so Im gonna go see whats up. Im trading it in soon too so I can give a rats ass about whats really going on with it, I just dont want the dealership to decrease its value bc of issues with it. If I need anything though Ill let you know. Thanks again.

8. Apr 5, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser

i shoulda read the next page! but i got lazy, oh well. that if ur truck got fucked up already and its an 09. i wouldnt wanna keep making payments on it either. my 05 is fine, and i (along with others on this forum) think i ride my truck rough. u get rep from me

9. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:53 PM
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Rad
    LAX & LOGAN
    ^ Yeah but it had nothing to do with the Truck per say. It was the drivers fault on it.

Sorry you're getting rid of the Taco. That was short lived but you'll like the new FJ. I like the FJ's but its more $$$ and doesn't suite my needs.

Plus. TACO owners are the best!

10. Apr 5, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Marioso

Marioso Risueno

Member:
    San diego Ca
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Fj Cruiser
    thats what i meant, toyotas fault or mine, i still wouldnt wanna keep paying money on it if it already fucked up

11. Apr 5, 2010 at 1:09 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    you can get a good deal on the fj since this is the last year they are making them. the ugly new 4runner will/did replace them.

12. Apr 5, 2010 at 2:03 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  13. Apr 5, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
    Okay Manny (your older brother here) what is up? A 'new' FJ? Huh? Logic has changed a bit. ...raise a family... ? Keep what you have. It looks great. Even if you blow a rear - you can get that repaired. An FJ is smaller, (no real rear doors, horrible blind spots). Fun truck but if you are changing - do the 4runner. But if I was spending your money and saving your money - I would keep what you have and go forward! Sometime in the future buy a $5-7k trail rig.

Just my 2c

14. Apr 5, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    I agree with Paul, I think if you get an fj you will mod that too. I wanted the trails fj before I bought the taco but did not want to spend 350000 plus all the fees. I say save your money and change the gears in time and take it easy

15. Apr 6, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Yea I totally get what you guys are saying, and Im sorry if I come across as ignorant or stubborn (which I admittedly am) but I hate the idea of making monthly payments on a truck that Im no longer happy with. I thought about returning it back to stock but I know I wont be happy with it.

If I had a wish, it would be that I could be born with the realization that offroading a 30k dollar truck is just plain stupid when you're in my position. I wish I wouldve done what Ray does, take care of my truck, baby it, and take it out on light trips. I wish I wouldve bought a separate trail rig. I have fucked up wheel wells, squeeks up the ass, 3/4 fenders that are popping off the body, scratches like a motha fu#@er, and a truck that looks like its an 06 when its only 9 months old. I have a feeling that all the abuse will come back to me down the road and I hate that.

Seriously and truthfully speaking, an FJ was my second choice. They look amazing. I lovem. And I have definitely realized that offroading a new vehicle when in my position is just plain stupid. I am out of the offroading scene as a driver until I can afford a separate trail rig. Its just too much crap when I do it with my DD.

I appreciate everyones input, I really do.

16. Apr 6, 2010 at 1:16 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    O. BTW, I got my truck back from the dealership today. THOSE MOTHER FUCKERS DIDNT EVEN TOUCH MY TRUCK. I took it back to them Saturday so they could fix the knocking noise it makes, they just gave me a receipt with no workorders on it and didnt even bother explaining the problem. Im not even gonna try to deal with them. Pisses me off though.

17. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:20 AM
    ruler

ruler Well-Known Member

Member:
    SoCal - Los Angeles - SGV
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma, TRD Sport, DC 4x4
    Fox Extended Travel Coilovers 2.5 (front), Fox 2.0 shocks (rear),Total Chaos UCA's, AllPro Expedition leaf pack, AllPro front plate style bumper,BHLM, GrillCraft MX series Grill, ATX Thug 17inch rims, Toyo Open Country MT (295,70,17), TRD CAI,Rear smoked LED tail lights, slimcubby HID Head Lights (50w 1200k), ADVMonster 60 Series 3600 Lumen LED Off Road Lights , Pioneer Avic-F700bt (navigation,head unit)
    with all the money you put in to your extras and mods, you could have just got a 4x4 in the first place, probably even have a some cash left over for some decent All Terrains or Mud Tires..

You shouldnt have let this little mishap discourage you so easily, but if your not happy with your truck then do what you think is best..

18. Apr 6, 2010 at 9:42 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    [​IMG]

The Retard's Truck

19. Apr 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard [OP] Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    LMAO

Ruler I get what your saying about the 4x. I bought my prerunner cuz I never anticipated offroading. A Couple months after, I stumbled across this forum and thats when my life went downhill. Lol

Products Discussed in

To Top