1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Friend Committed Suicide, Prayers for his family

Discussion in 'Personal & Emotional Support' started by Fenwick1993, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Jan 15, 2014 at 11:19 AM
    Mr Salty

Mr Salty "Give up the good to go for the great"

Member:
    First Name:
    Hermmy
    SoCal (Bro Capital of the world)
    Vehicle:
    White SR5 Pre-runner
    Lots of chrome
    Terrible to hear and I feel for you and his family.

I must say though, I’m not sure it’s a good idea to publicize this, especially on an open forum. If this is something you want to do, it should be discussed with his family first (not sure if this took place). Having experienced a tragedy such as this, it’s a matter that should be discussed with delicacy and with approval from the immediate family. The last thing you want to do is cause his family more pain by posting pictures and such.

In the softest way possible I encourage you to request this thread be removed.

Again I feel extremely bad for your loss, this is always a difficult thing to deal with so I understand your desire to want to talk about it.

2. Jan 15, 2014 at 10:43 PM
    Fenwick1993

Fenwick1993 [OP] Hillbilly

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 5Lug, 2015 PreRunner
    Stonewall is the fattest 5 lug slug ever
    I had talked with his mother about it, and I understand where you're coming from. Just rest assured that I had permission from her. I had thought about that, because I didn't want to put her business out there without her permission. She even said that it's sort of a good thing to put it out there, because reading this may prevent other suicides from taking place. Her words were pretty much this: Someone having suicidal thoughts reading this might see how much pain and devastation committing suicide brings upon those around them, and so they might think harder about doing it.
    And also at one point, she was going to try to get me to help her set up a facebook and paypal to raise money for the funeral and all of that, but William's father (who has no contact with any of them) ended up paying for it.

3. Jan 15, 2014 at 11:45 PM
    acdronin

acdronin Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ditto, it is a big family, one of the things we like to show off here is helping others, pulling stuck vehicles out and showing that being a TW member means being a pretty decent fellow

That is huge of her to do that and she could well be right. It is a story that should be told. Please let her know that we all appreciate her letting you tell it here OK?

4. Jan 16, 2014 at 8:12 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    This. You guys have helped me out a ton!

Will do. She is a firm believer (as am I) in putting the truth out there for all to see so that they don't do the same. A dispeller of illusions, if you will.

5. Jan 16, 2014 at 1:19 PM
    Robnik

Robnik Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2012 Base Reg Cab 2.7L 2TR-FE A340E
    Hey Fenwick, glad to hear you made it there & back with the "thermostat housing issue" & X2 what Chris said. Hope happier days are in your future.

6. Jan 16, 2014 at 7:09 PM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, the truck was fine. Only had to top it off once, and that was on the way back.
    On the matter of better days, if I'm lucky, I may be coming into a bit of good fortune. I might be able to pick up TWO new jobs! The O'Reilly's out on Holland Rd (about 10 miles out, taking the interstate) called me up yesterday about a job, gave me their number and the hours of the guy that I needed to talk to. I went up there today, and it looks like within a week or so, everything permitting, I'll be an O'Reilly parts runner. Get to drive one of their nice trucks and everything, $8.50 an hour to start, plus a small commission percentage off what the store makes, if I understood that right. The guy said there's a great employee discount, too! And also, I might be able to get back the job I used to have at the local Food Lion. I used to work there when I was still in school, until they dicked me out of my hours and I quit. It's been three years, and there's a different manager there now. The manager said I'm one of the top people on the list. So it look-a like-a I might be picking up two more jobs. I'd call that good fortune, in more ways than one! :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  7. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM
    MGMTacolover55

MGMTacolover55 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orygun
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM Taco TRD Off Road
    floor Mats
    Sorry for your loss man I had a friend who killed himself a couple weeks before Christmas and I don't get why he did. But anyways I'm praying for you man and good luck with your job search.

8. Jan 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    Sigi

Sigi Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sigi
    Sfv ca
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma 4x4 trd offroad
    So sad ! Ill pray for him and his family.

9. Jan 17, 2014 at 7:41 AM
    Fenwick1993

Member:
    First Name:
    Not Fenwick
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks much, man.

10. Jan 17, 2014 at 10:00 AM