1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Friends wife

Discussion in 'Prayers & Support' started by AFButters, Feb 13, 2010.

1. Feb 13, 2010 at 4:58 PM
    AFButters

AFButters [OP] Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    Rio Rancho, NM
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4 TRD-Sport
    Lifted
    (Copied from my friends Facebook)
    :
    :
    :

We found out we were pregnant the second week in January. Danielle was having a tough time with nausea and being fatigue. She believed she was felt like crap because of the pregnancy.

On 24 Jan, she called me 15 minutes before my shift was over to inform me she needed to go to the ER. She was in severe pain in her shoulder and was unable to pick up our son Elijah. I came straight home and she went to the ER. She came back from the ER an hour later because she said she would wait until the morning due to the fact she was pregnant and did not want to wait 4 hours around sick people.

The next day she went back to the ER because she was unable to make an appointment with her doctor. A PA told her she had strained her shoulder and gave her some pain pills.
    Well, this pain and the fatigue continued throughout the week. All week she was not herself and she would have me watch our son 100% when I was home so she could rest. Danielle continuously argued with me about going to the hospital all week!

On Friday 29 Jan, I finally forced her to the hospital. I literally had to cuss her out, iron her clothes, blow dry her hair (she could not lift her arm from the pain), and drive her to the ER. Hardheaded Danielle told me to go to the grocery store with Eli since we were expecting a bad winter storm. She told me they were going to give her fluids and send her home. Basically she was pissed at me because she thought it was a big waste of time.

Well, I came back from getting groceries only to find they were still trying to figure out what was wrong. My dear wife who is a nurse and the worse patient was very insistent that she was just dehydrated. Danielle told me to go home and let Eli nap and she would call me when she was ready to be picked up.

6PM came and I was unable to contact her by cell or the ER, so I drove back to the ER. As soon as I hit the parking lot, I was called by a nurse stating my wife wanted to see me. I ran inside to find her in tears. They had informed her that she had a mass on her liver and they were not sure what it was. The doctors were very concerned it could be cancer. I sat with her and consoled her until 9PM. She was insistent that I take our 17 month old son home. They had already decided at this point to admit her. She told me not to worry that we would see each other in the morning.

11PM, I receive a phone call from Danielle. She was very pleases to learn that the mass was an infection (abscess) instead of cancer. They planned to drain it immediately. She was insistent that I did not come up there, but instead stay at home with our son who was in bed.

1130PM, after pacing around in the house I decided to call her friend she walks with from the neighborhood. I asked if she could sleep in the spare bedroom. Amanda came to the house and I sped down the road.

30 Jan 1200AM, I missed her before they started the procedure, so I was placed in the ICU waiting room. I am freaking out at this point ICU??

1AM, I finally get to see her in her ICU room. She is very short of breath and gasping. She is in severe pain from the drain protruding from her side. The drain is sucking out puss/blood from the abscess on her liver. She had a temperature and she was tiring herself out trying to breath. The doctor in the ICU decided to intabated (chest tube) Danielle because she had become septic from rupturing the abscess and she was having difficulty breathing on her own. Basically Danielle was fighting to stay alive!
    30 Jan – 6 Feb (I am trying to condense this for you; sorry I know it is long!) Danielle was intabated from 30 Jan – 6 Feb. Basically she was in a very sedated state. She was being pumped with antibiotics, blood pressure, blood, and pain medications constantly. I hope know ever has to see a loved one in this condition.

6 Feb, Danielle began to come around a few days prior. Basically they kept her comfortable, but she was able to open her eyes sometimes and she was finally strong enough to be extubated (chest tube removed).

6-7 Feb, Danielle has a high tolerance for pain and being a nurse she had everyone fooled. All the doctors would say she looked better in person than she did on paper. Danielle was going to the bathroom and sitting in a chair with assistance at this point. Basically, Danielle has a strong will to see our son and wanted to look better than she was. She also did not want to be intubated again. She began to bleed and it was obvious she had miscarried. (This has not really sunk in with her yet. We will have to deal with it down the road.)

7 Feb, Danielle was taken for another Cscan, (keep in mind this condensed, she had X-rays at least twice a day since day one). The Cscan showed her right lung was 80% full of fluid and the abscess had not gone away, in fact the drain that was placed in the abscess had hit a vein in her liver and a pool of blood now surrounded her liver. This pool of blood was sitting on top of an infected abscess! Basically now this pool of blood is being infected, so soon she would go septic again! The fluid in the lung explained her difficulty getting off the ventilator!

9PM 7 Feb, Danielle was transferred via ambulance to the University of North Carolina ICU. We have been here since. She has undergone two procedures and 4 major surgeries to remove the fluid from her lung and the blood/abscess from her liver. (I forgot to mention the drain fell out at the first hospital allowing the infection to spread to walls of her side, so they have also had to drain a pocket of puss on her side) Danielle is in radiology right now, because her liver is still bleeding, but it is minimal. They plan to find where she is bleeding and stop it (they did this yesterday also). The doctors are very optimistic she will recover. However they have informed us all the surgeries have stirred around the infection and she will be a little septic the next 48 hours.

We don’t know why this happened, to explain why it may have happened we have to go back 10 years ago. I’ll try to condense it.

10 years ago Danielle had to have her gallbladder removed. The procedure was supposed to simple and she would go home the next day. Well, he severed the two bile ducts that connect her liver to her intestines. He sewed her up not realizing this and she looked like a Simpson the next day. Two weeks he tried to fix and cover up his mistake without success. Finally he sent her to Emory University in ATL. Two years and 16 surgeries later her bile ducts were created with parts of her intestine.

Now, how does this play a role? Danielle’s bile ducts are shorter than yours or mine. If at any time her bowel (intestines) got backed up, bacteria from the intestine could have found its way into the liver from the short route. The liver must have rejected the bacteria and thus an abscess was formed.

Danielle has Rheumatoid Arthritis so this is not helping with the lungs. They believe the RA is actually helping contribute to the fluid buildup in her lungs. The fluid was so bad; they were unable to drain it twice. They eventually had to make an incision and scrape it out. (It became jello like)

Hopefully they can stop the bleeding in her liver. The liver is a venous organ that is easily agitated. Right now they do not see any future major surgeries, but they are unable to predict future complications or the past work to her bile ducts. They believe the bile ducts are working properly, but they do not understand fully why this happened.

Our son is with my parents in GA. Unfortunately right now I cannot give him the attention he deserves.

I am living at the Holiday Inn at Chapel Hill, NC.

Please pray for her recovery and for our family to be reunited quickly.

Hope this makes sense, I tried to condense it. I type this really fast so I apologize for grammatical errors.

2. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    tacomaprerunner

tacomaprerunner Dang liberals.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    1995 Ford F350 7.3L PowerStroke Diesel
    Best of luck to her and her family. It's terrible that this has to happen to anyone.

3. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:10 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
  4. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    Waking the Dead

Waking the Dead Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Sport DC LB Gray
    UNC hospital is a good one. She'll get the help she needs there and hopefully recover fully. Good luck.

5. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:23 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    wow, thats terrible. Prayers sent brother

6. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    CorrectionCop

CorrectionCop Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner Off Road SR5 V6 access cab
    Locking differential,TSB 4 Leaf Spring, Bug deflector.
    My prayers are with you and your family. :pray:

7. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:51 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    prayer for a fast recovery

8. Feb 13, 2010 at 5:55 PM
    Incognito

Incognito μολὼν λαβέ

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    See Build thread
    Prayers sent.. :pray:

9. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Wow....She sounds like an amazing woman to deal with all of that. Pulling for her and for her family and those who know her!!!!

10. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    SamSter0077

SamSter0077 Happy Camper

Member:
    Katy, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD OR
    OME 886 Coils, and Struts, Rear Toytec TSB AAL/ OME shock absorbers, Fog Lamp anytime mod, Voyager Brake Controller.
    Wow, my Mom had a fluid issue in the Lung. Not easy to deal with.. :pray: for her and you.

11. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    luni

luni Resident Gun-toting Hippie

Member:
    First Name:
    Burt's Mustache
    Ft Bragg, NC
    Vehicle:
    TRD OR
    Icon c/os, TSB 4 leaf pack, Unbreakable Fab tube winch bumper, Mile Marker SEC12000, Roadless Gear winch control panel, Bud Built skids, URD Pipe Bomb Y pipe, snorkeled rear diff breather, no carpet
    If they need anything we're local so don't be afraid to hit me up. Food, laundry, a ride to the airport, whatever.

12. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    rme

rme Well-Known Member

Member:
    Savannah
    Vehicle:
    Green TACOMA
    XM, Panasonic Stereo, Headlights,Electric Ant,Toyota Deluxe Wheels, Rhino Lining, Cargo Rails
    Prayers for you and your family. But the smartest thing you did was get her away from the quacks in Ga who were treating her. It may take a while for her to heal but be strong and confident she will heal.

Please keep us posted on this forum on what happens.

13. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:33 PM
    David Tarantino

David Tarantino Well-Known Member

Member:
    N.J.
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma
    Prayers sent.

14. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:43 PM
    jlvhrse

jlvhrse Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jen
    SoCal SGV
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Sport 4X4 Long Bed
    Front and rear LT
    I wish the best for her and her family. She seems like such a strong woman!

15. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:47 PM
    RC51

RC51 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    NC.
    Vehicle:
    08 prerunner DC.
  16. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:51 PM
    vball6pac

vball6pac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    Arlington, VA
    Vehicle:
    white 09 4dr toyota tacoma 4x4
    side tube step bars, and a trd skid plate. Hood protector, and wade in-channel guards. K&N CAI, Dynomax catback exhaust. Weathertech floormats, and door scuff guards. White stubbie antenna.
    Prayers for her, brother

17. Feb 13, 2010 at 6:56 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    :pray: for her and her family

18. Feb 13, 2010 at 7:15 PM
    Black Taco

Black Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rob
    WPB, FL
    Vehicle:
    TOYOTA
    Not OEM.
    Bless you and your family.

Prayers.jpg

19. Feb 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM
    hoosiertaco

hoosiertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
  20. Feb 17, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
To Top