1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From FOX to Icon lift build second check. Gen3 2017

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by DBLClutch, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Dec 20, 2017 at 3:26 PM
    *TRD*

*TRD* Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Carson, Ca
    I think you misunderstood my post.
    He didn't get the shocks from us (AccuTune) ..... we wouldn't have shipped that out. And if it somehow got scratched in shipping we have spare springs on the shelf and would have replaced them for free.
    I was trying to say that this is an uncommon issue. Thanks.

2. Dec 20, 2017 at 4:05 PM
    Tacomamike mike

Tacomamike mike Just that, nothing more.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD OFFROAD 4x4
    Working on it, dissent offroad racks, shift sense pro, pedal commander , ARB twin, rigid SS dually's , dual batteries, ARB fridge , 2.5 Fox coil overs wResi , 2.5 Fox rears w resi Total chaos UCA , deaver packs , Nitto trail grappler's 33" .
    Hard to misunderstand your statement.
    You were merely stating your practices.
    I think people speed read through threads and don't get all the facts as posted.
    I also believe OP's original statement about "failures" was misleading .
    The fact that this occurred at his friends shop speaks more in my opinion to the friends business practices then the manufacturer. The friends shop should have checked the packages and if something was missing just replaced the bolts...
    Fact is the manufacturer puts out a great product and I guess OP was just the unfortunate one to have parts missing.
    It won't stop me, or I suspect many others from doing business there.
    Good luck with your build OP

Comb and *TRD*[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Dec 20, 2017 at 4:12 PM
    stevotivo12

stevotivo12 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tacoma TRD Sport MT
    Front hellwig sway bar,All pro sway bar end links, Fox 2.5 Resi Coilovers and Shocks, Fox 2.5 Hydraulic Bumpstops, Budbuilt Traction bar, Total Chaos UCAs w/ heim joints, Icon AAL, AFE Power Intake with dynamic scoop, URD spec U, URD short shifter, Flossy weighted shift knob, michelin tires, black badges, black tailgate letters, black grill with custom Diaz Fab Devil horn yota logo, retrofit/morimoto HID conversion, red interior LED lights, Pioneer head unit, kenwood excelon door speakers, 2 10" pioneer subs,
    This is really weird to me. I ordered through ORW and got brand new fox resi shocks in a NICE box, it had fox prints all over the outside and on the inside it was full of foam and had two shock-specific holes bored into the foam for the shocks to ride in. Really sorry to hear that FOX did you dirty like this, as my experience with Fox has been good despite the fact that I went through a third party to acquire them. John Arriola at ORW has also been happy to help me along with the build process including shipping brand new set of fox air bumps to me when mine didn't fit, and included return shipping label for the set that ended up not fitting!

Tacomamike mike likes this.
  4. Dec 22, 2017 at 3:57 PM
    smikels

smikels Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Suffolk, Virginia
    Sorry I misunderstood the post then. I have read good things about Fox quality for sure. One day I may order a set. I was close to going Kings myself but decided on Icon's due to an on road vehicle mainly. Trying to learn what I can from others so I can make good decisions.

Products Discussed in

To Top