1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front axle replacement?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by winters311, May 8, 2010.

1. May 8, 2010 at 7:41 PM
    winters311

winters311 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Salt Lake City
    Vehicle:
    99 SR5
    i have a 1999 ext cab SR5 with a 3" fabtech suspension lift. i was on the freeway the other day and my front drivers side axle came out of the inner joint. the wheel came loose and i came grinding to a stop on the side of the road. it could have been way bad so i'm glad no one was hurt and no other cars were involved. but now i need to replace the axle because the inner end that came out got ground down. has anyone done this before? what will i need, where is the best place to get parts, and what tips can you give me? i would appreciate any help. thanks

2. May 8, 2010 at 10:59 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    My first recommendation is to go invest $20 in a good service/repair manual for your model. Haynes makes a decent one for my model and it was pretty cheap and has plenty of useful info and pictures for that kind of stuff.

To Top