1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front bumper and OME coil help.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 85yote09taco, Apr 24, 2012.

1. Apr 24, 2012 at 7:04 PM
    85yote09taco

85yote09taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    Currently I'm running OME 884 coils and have this bad ass Bruteforce bumper that I am painting on next tuesday, yeah the new ''hybrid''!!!!!:D I'm trying to figure out what coils that I need to support this bumper. Billy from Bruteforce told me that the bumper is around 90lbs and I know that I need to at least 885 coils, however I plan on putting a winch in it just not in the real near future. Would 886's be fine to run for a little while? I'm trying to get out of doing my front suspension 3 times, or is that what I'm going to have to do?

Thanks

2. Apr 24, 2012 at 9:05 PM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Arlington, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4 Runner Trail
    I just did 886 coils for the ARB bumper. I too am planning for a winch but not real soon so just stepped up to 886. The still have not settled at all since it's only been a few days. The ride is rougher but not as bad as I expected.

3. Apr 25, 2012 at 2:42 AM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    3'' OME lift, TRD CAI, Built Right UCAs, 285 Goodyear DURATRACS, black steelies, Fog light anytime, DTRL, Alternating turn signal, Diff breather relocated, Carrier bearing drop, Weathertechs, Bestop, Extended SS brake lines, CBI Sliders w/kickout, Cab mount chop, Total Chaos LCA skids, All Pro skids, Satoshi(HomerTaco), Bruteforcefab ''HC'' rear bumper, Bruteforce Hybrid front bumper
    Ok, I was concerned that without the additional weight that my truck would sit too high, making the cv angles too steep. This bumper is not that heavy

4. Apr 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM
    tex

tex Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Arlington, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4 Runner Trail
    My CV angles are about the same as they were with the 885 coils and stock bumper.

5. Apr 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    85yote09taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma TRD OR
    ok well i'm not going to worry about it, just gonna go with 886 coils

To Top