1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front Bumper Cover Question

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by jeremiekc, May 16, 2011.

1. May 16, 2011 at 2:15 PM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    I have a 2007 Regular Cab that came stock with the plain black Front Bumper Cover. I am in the process of replacing all of the plain black plastic stuff with Color Matched Black Sand Pearl, I have already replaced the front grill with a BSP Grill that I had a Satoshi done on and I have replaced the door handle covers.

The question that I have is which one do I order, I realize that I will have to get it painted but when I go in to order it there is one with the SR5 option and one without. What I am wondering is which one comes painted with the color of the truck the SR5 or the non SR5? I think I know but I want to make sure so that I dont waste my money.

2. May 16, 2011 at 2:21 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    the SR5 gets the colormatched front bumper and flares

3. May 17, 2011 at 2:06 AM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Thanks for that info, I was pretty sure that it was but I just wanted to check and make sure before I spent the money.

4. Jun 1, 2011 at 10:19 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, TotalChaos UCA, Icon w/ Resi, Toytec Lift Shackle, Methods w/ 285/75/18 Tires.
    I am in the process of doing the same (color-matching) to my white reg cab. Where did you end up ordering your bumper and grill from? How much did it run you? Thanks

5. Jun 1, 2011 at 10:25 PM
    beckleyota

beckleyota Well-Known Member

Member:
    wv
    Vehicle:
    o7 taco
    vent visors,tint,kenwood headunit, trex eyelids,kenwood componants,5100's,1 aal,cabellas seatcovers,painted stereo suround
    all toyota bumpers and flares come black unpainted and are painted to match.

6. Jun 1, 2011 at 11:19 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Toytec Coilovers, TotalChaos UCA, Icon w/ Resi, Toytec Lift Shackle, Methods w/ 285/75/18 Tires.
    :D
    I thought on the TRD packages and SR5 packages the front bumper cover is always color matched (from the factory). :confused:

7. Jun 2, 2011 at 12:13 AM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock
    do they make 5 lug sr5 package???

the 6 lug bumper will be 99% identical but will have the holes for the fender flares.

8. Jun 2, 2011 at 12:36 AM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    I am pretty sure they do. That is what the Sr5 package is for the 5-lugs. Chrome grill, rear bumper, and color matches front bumper.

9. Jun 2, 2011 at 1:00 AM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    It's funny how everyone wants something different that what they have. I'm as guilty as anyone. Im just saying, I've seen silver tacomas and white tacomas with the black fenders from the factory. The owners put a small lift on, beefier tires, and black rims, and I think they look flippin' sweet like that.

10. Jun 2, 2011 at 3:08 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.

Everyone wants theirs to be unique!!! Im guilty too.

11. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:06 AM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    If I never heard of this website, my truck would be sitting stock right now... but NOOOO.... I just so happened to stumble across it and my bank account still hates me for it. :D

12. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    beckleyota

Member:
    wv
    Vehicle:
    o7 taco
    vent visors,tint,kenwood headunit, trex eyelids,kenwood componants,5100's,1 aal,cabellas seatcovers,painted stereo suround
    I work at a bodyshop and every new toyota oem bumper comes black textures from 05 to 11 no matter if it goes on a Trd sport of a base model 4banger

13. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:21 AM
    beckleyota

Member:
    wv
    Vehicle:
    o7 taco
    The only difference is weather it goes on a xrunner an if it has fenderflares or not

14. Jun 2, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    From Toyotas Website:

"SR5 Extra Value Package: Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps (V6 models only), Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Bucket Seats with Driver Lumbar Support, SR5 Fabric Trim, Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], SR5 Badge"

I am aware that they do not offer the SR5 package for Reg cabs anymore. I am pretty sure I have seen a Reg cab SR5 on the freeway with chrome and color-matched bumpers).. but I digest. They do offer them for the 5-lug Access cab. And since everything for 5 lugs is pretty much interchangeable.. I figured you can order one (painted) and pop it on.

15. Jun 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    I found a replacement bumper at TRDparts4u that runs about $187.00 the problem that I am having now is that I live in Germany and they dont like to ship to an APO address. My intent is to color match the whole front of my truck to BSP, I already have a color matched grill that I had Satoshi'd along with the door handles. So I will get the new bumper cover and have it painted BSP. I found that an X-Runner rear bumper is color matched to so as soon as I get the front I will do the back.

16. Jun 2, 2011 at 4:10 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Nice. I was just on that site. Was it $187 painted? I didn't see that. I am ordering one asap.

17. Jun 4, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    I wish! I am not sure how they come, I am pretty sure that they are the black smooth plastic that you can have painted. I am sure that this is the case since when I have ordered other color matched stuff it always asks what color you want. With this item it doesnt do that. I have found a auto painter here in Germany that is going to paint it for me for 125 Euro which is a little less then $200. I figured it out that after shipping and everything it is going to run me less then $500 which is not that bad.

18. Jun 4, 2011 at 12:41 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    You know that you can also install cruise control and interval wipers for around $225.00. It takes about 45 minutes to do both and it is really awesome to have. There is a sticky on how to do it in the "How to section". It is just about one of the best things that I have done to my truck.

19. Jun 4, 2011 at 1:11 PM
    LBCdan

LBCdan TACO --> TUNDRA

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Long Beach , CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM 4x4
    Yeah.. but you want to make sure that your truck is pre-wired for it. I found out that mine was not. I wasted all that time and money. I tried to wire it myself but I gave up and didnt want to f up my truck.

20. Jun 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    That sucks! Mine was pre-wired so I gues I am lucky in that department.

Products Discussed in

To Top