1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front bumper removal/replacement help needed

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by tacoma96, May 22, 2009.

1. May 22, 2009 at 8:25 PM
    tacoma96

tacoma96 [OP] New Member

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    1996 Tacoma 2WD
    1st post here, need help guys.

We have a 96 Tacoma 2WD with a damaged front bumper (and a passenger side fender) and I was wondering if someone can direct me to where I can find any info on how to remove it.
    The truck will be used by my little brother in law (it was his mother's who past away recently), and he will be turning 16 soon, so I want to fix it up for him. So any useful info like the cost of fixing or completely replacing the bumper will be helpful.
    I already changed out some broken tail lights with after market euro lights and got new corner and bumper lights (both clear). The truck has 65K - all original. I am also thinking about putting my OEM 16" maxima rims which have the same bolt pattern in place of basic black steel ones.

Again, I am totally new to this forum so if I posted in a wrong place - sorry in advance.

Thanks for your help!

2. May 23, 2009 at 8:32 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
    look behind the bumper...there should be a bracket on either side close to the frame rail...coupla bolts each side should remove the front bumper plastic

replacing with oem or aftermarket?

3. May 23, 2009 at 9:00 PM
    TRD4x4858

TRD4x4858 Taco Traitor!

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    95 Jeep XJ
    BONE STOCK! lol
    I got a bumper for 40 bucks from 1800bodyparts.com they have fenders too but idk your price range, bumper has 4 15mm holding it to the frame and 2 12mm holding it to the fenders on the outside part of the bumper, the fender has 1 or 2 10mm bolts holding it at the bottom corner by the door and one 10mm up top(open the door and youll see it) then 3 or 4 10mm bolts along the top(open the hood and theyll be there and 1 more behind the bumper (all 10mm) also to remove the fenders I would remove the grill(remove corner lights and pop all clips loose to remove grill) and remove the headlight to remove the fender (makes it way easy) ooo also dont forget to remove antenna, just take top part of the antenna off and take some pliers to the lower part and twist it off the fender, itll come off

To Top