1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front bumper removal?

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by dylandercole, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sep 19, 2009 at 1:57 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    Does anyone have a write up or anythign like that of how to remove the front bumper on an 03? I rear ended someone a little bit ago and i dont really have that much damage to the bumper but its off axis so i wanted to see if the brackets were bent or if i needed a whoile bumper. any advice?

2. Sep 19, 2009 at 2:03 PM
    wildjerseyfirefighter

wildjerseyfirefighter I sell fishing and fishing accessories

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma TRD Sport
    stock, for now
    the front bumper is held on by either 4 or 6 bolts..Get under and look, there pretty obvious

3. Sep 19, 2009 at 2:04 PM
    dylandercole

dylandercole [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Santa Cruz Mountains, CA
    Vehicle:
    03 SR5 TRD 4x4 5-speed
    sway-a-way 2.0 coilovers, 1.5'' AAL, 1'' toytec shackle lift, Go-Rhino 3000 Grille Guard, Kicker KS6502 speakers, JVC KD-S24 Head unit, billstein 5125 rear shocks, Deck Plate mod, K&N air filter, Wheelers offroad front and rear braided brake lines, diff breather mod, power slot rotors, ebc yellow stuff pads
    allright thanks

4. Sep 19, 2009 at 2:18 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
  5. Sep 19, 2009 at 10:49 PM
    mtucker

mtucker Tacoma addict

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Escondido, CA.
    Vehicle:
    03 Prerunner DC
    Replaced chrome badges with Sockmonkey black badges, painted billet grill black, K&N cold air intake, my corner light turn signal circuit, Speedfreek traction bars, RAAMaudio BXT/Ensolite, Stereo: Kenwood KIV-701 USB/Bluetooth deck, 10" Pioneer shallow sub behind the rear seat, Infinity 6822cf 6x8 front and rear doors, Fosgate P400-2 (sub), US Acoustics USX-4065 (four main speakers)
    I just took off my 03 front bumper last week.... twice to replace the two brackets (one was a little tweaked) and the front bumper cover.

The two main brackets have two nuts a piece that hold the bumper on to the frame. I believe they were 14mm. Then there are two nuts on the very sides of the bumper. 10mm I think. I accessed them between the front tire and front bumper pushing the black plastic "lining' out of the way to get to them. There are large rubber washers on these. With those six nuts off, she should come off.

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top