1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

front end leveling with icons?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by Keefis, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Oct 14, 2010 at 8:40 AM
    Keefis

Keefis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DC 4X.
    Hey everyone I have been wanting to get a little more clearence in the front end without spending a ton of cash and leaving room for improvement. I was thinking about buying some icon coilovers for the front and leveling my truck out. I would go with the 2.5 or 3" but I'm not ready to buy UCA's and rear suspension parts yet.

2. Oct 14, 2010 at 9:28 AM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    The Icon's come preset at about 2" of lift. If you just left them there the vehicle will probably sit close to level, then later down the road when you do the rear lift you can adjust the front up some more.

3. Oct 14, 2010 at 9:31 AM
    jr114

jr114 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Truck
    Icon Ext travel CO, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Maxtrac Spindles, Icon RR rear w 2"aal.
    well icons are definitely not a cheap way to level out the front end. if you set anything over 2.5" you are more than likely to run into problems with alignment. you can adjust the preload on them so that they do level out the truck. if you do set them at 3" you will have to get something for the rear whether it be aal or blocks, to avoid the bro lean. but its all up to you.

4. Oct 14, 2010 at 3:09 PM
    Keefis

Keefis [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    09 Black DC 4X.
    haha bro lean... That is exactly what i wanted to avoid. I wasn't sure if there is a minimum height that they had to be set at and i didn't want that "pre loaded pre runner" look on 4x4. The coilovers are 1100 on outlaw motorsports website and 1500 for the front and rear.. I think i will spend the extra 400 and get the rears also.

5. Oct 14, 2010 at 3:11 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    also icon "perform" better on hard hitting use such as offroading. if you want a plush ride id suggest going with fox or something different (well some people say that, iv never ridden so i just pass on info lol)

i forget which is which but its either progressive or digressive and i think the icons are digressive but i dont remember off the top of my head

6. Oct 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat

Understand that rear shocks will not increase your rear ride height...you'll need to do something about the leaf springs to do that. AAL is an inexpensive effective way to do so.

Oh, and if you're willing to spring for $1500, just make it an even $2000 and get UCAs as well so you can go ahead and do a lift:

http://www.offroadwarehouse.com/products/sfID1/4/sfID2/78/sfID3/83/productID/39123

Products Discussed in

To Top