1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front end Shakes

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sbram500, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Jun 10, 2010 at 8:02 PM
    sbram500

sbram500 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    11 dbl cab 4x4 trd off road
    3" lift, Rock sliders, Fog Light Anytime Mod, Vent guards, Full-Tilt Extang Bed Cover, More to come
    Hey guys (and gals) I have a small question. I have an 07 taco with a 3" suspension lift (spacers up front and OME 2.75 7 leaf drakkar pack in the rear) and 285/75/stock rim maxxis Bighorns (MT's)

So here's the thing, I have noticed that I have a small vibration/shake in the steering wheel that has been there the whole time (I got my lift and tires at the same time). My question is, is it just the nature of MT's to shake??? I have had alignment and balance, which helps, but still never really corrects the shake. Should I expect any irregular ware to my tie rod ends? should I try replacing the tie rod ends with bulkier ones or will that even matter? Is the shake in the rack, or the steering collumn? I have read other post on 1st gen tacos having problems in the steering collumn and having to weld the joint in the steering collumn.

I know..., a lot of questions, I just figured I could find some really good answers here (or a lot of good commentary!)

Let me know what you think.

2. Jun 10, 2010 at 8:18 PM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    Aggressive tires will pretty much always cause a little shaking. You can try to get it rebalanced and re-verify your alignment.... but that's really about all you can do.

3. Jun 10, 2010 at 8:33 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Airbags, Projectors, Bilsteins front and rear, FM 50 series, URD clutch/TOB, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Duratrac's...
    Yep ^ when I bought my truck it shook at highway speeds but took the tires down the be balanced and it rode like a dream after that

To Top