1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front left thud noise in wheel well @ 40-60mph...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by UDCentaur, Apr 20, 2009.

1. Apr 20, 2009 at 10:56 AM
    UDCentaur

UDCentaur [OP] Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Long Bed 4x4 Indigo Ink
    Magnaflow exhaust
    For the past 6 months....I have a thud comming from my front left wheel well when I get anywhere between 40-60mph. Sounds like I just ran over a squrriel or rabbit that got caught in the well without the bonucing of the truck. It happens once....a minute later twice...sometimes another time or two (avg about 2 times). There is no pattern at all. The only thing I can say is that it occurs more on a windy day. The local dealership has no clue what's the cause. Anyone else ever heard of this issue? Any suggestions? Comments? I am open to anything at this point!

I have a 2006 DC 4x4 longbed...relatively new michelins LT4's...I know it's not the new tires as I have had this problem prior to the new tires.

2. Apr 20, 2009 at 11:57 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Check your lugs. Make sure they are tightened all the way. Also check your UCAs, struts, and driveline(axle)

Maybe it might be the wheel wells smacking against the actual body of your truck.

3. Dec 16, 2010 at 12:47 PM
    JWare

JWare Member

Member:
    Bolton, MA
    265/75/16 Treadwrights, Spidertrax spacers, WeatherTechs, Back-rack, Kobalt toolbox
    ever figure this out? Same exact noise here.

4. Dec 16, 2010 at 1:20 PM
    Mod

Mod Well-Known Member

Member:
    CR, WA
    Vehicle:
    1999 8 port 3RZ 4WD SR5
    stock
    Is the plastic inner fender loose?. I had the same noise on my old 85 xcab, and found it was the inner fender flap slapping back and fourth occasionally like your describing. Did it more when it was windy. A couple pop rivets and problem solved.

5. Dec 16, 2010 at 3:22 PM
    UDCentaur

UDCentaur [OP] Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    06 DC Long Bed 4x4 Indigo Ink
    Magnaflow exhaust
    It was the mud flaps that were making the noise. I broke the one off last winter and it stopped making noise. Recently I heard from the right side...needless to say I found the mud flaps were broke and slapping the under bed.

To Top