1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Front suspension sound

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nivek5sfe, Mar 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM.

1. Mar 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    nivek5sfe

nivek5sfe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB 4x4
    I was driving yesterday and just after making a turn and straightening the wheel I heard a pop sound. I didnt think much of it cause it sounded like a rock might have just got thrown up and hit my step bars, happens sometimes. Since then Ive been having a lot of sounds coming from my driver side front wheel well. I get a lot of clunking and squeaking sounds while turning at slow speeds and a lot when going over bumps. What might this be? Struts, strut mount, bushings, sway bar related etc? I know my front struts are bad and had planned on replacing them soon so Im hoping thats all it is. I havent gotten under it yet to check everything out, I just looked around to see if I could tell if anything was busted visually.

Heres a quick crappy video I took. Im just bouncing the vehicle with my foot on the step bar,you can tell from the bounce I need struts.

2. Mar 14, 2019 at 12:12 PM
    eon_blue

eon_blue got boost?

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Monrovia, CA
    Vehicle:
    2004 3.4l TRD 4x4 Tacoma XtraCab w/5 speed
    Might have a loose bolt on the suspension somewhere, I'd take the wheel off and look over everything and check the torque.

3. Mar 15, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    nivek5sfe

nivek5sfe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Marietta, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 DCLB 4x4
    Yeah Ill have to take a better look at it this weekend when I get some time.

Products Discussed in

To Top