1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by BamaToy1997, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:30 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 [OP] ASE Master Tech Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    Thank you to everyone who offered up prayers and support for my granddaughter, Skyelar. She is now home with her mom and on her way to a full recovery!

I recently had a customer place an order where the package did not arrive in a timely manner. They proceeded to then file a PayPal claim against me, demanding at this point a full refund. I packaged the product and shipped it, and that was my part of the job. I was willing to work with them to try and get the package located, but they evidently do not want to wait, and PayPal has frozen this amount until the dispute is finalized. Shipping does come with inherent risks. While it is rare, sometimes a package does get lost. I apologize for any order that does get lost, but I should not be held fully responsible if the USPS loses a package. I have been willing to work with customers in the past. Everyone knows this. I do what I can as a small business. However I will now be forced to include shipping insurance to protect both myself, and you, the customer. It will be a small difference, but worth it. Thanks!

Thanks to all of my customers from here, T4R, FJ Cruisers, and Google searches!

4X4 assemblies - $175 each
    4X2 assemblies - $275 each

Sadly due to a $10 increase in my 2wd hub cost, I have had to increase the price of the 4X2 assemblies from $270 each to $275 each. Sorry everyone!

For ordering information see the bottom of this post.

Please note that these will also fit 4Runner trucks, as well as corresponding FJ Cruisers and Lexus GX 470s. Spread the word and let others know about these!

One of many reviews I have received: (spelling mistakes left intact)
    Have you wanted to be able to buy the entire bearing, ready to bolt on, with quality parts without breaking the bank? My work is your gain. I have obtained contracts with suppliers and now am able to make pre-assembled FULL units, ready to bolt on. EVEN THE PRERUNNER 6 LUG 4X2!

I've been working for a while now with Toyota, Timken, National, and Dorman. We all know the front wheel bearings are a common failure for both the Pre-runner, AND the 4X4 (ESPECIALLY the 4X4!) and trying to find a quality replacement is a pain. Then you have to get the parts together, drive to a shop, pay anywhere from $25-$50, and PRAY that the shop doesn't break something in the process!

Here is what you will get:

For the 4X4 Tacoma:

• KOYO brand bearing (The highest quality for the Tacoma!)
    • Dorman wheel hub
    • Timken bearing seal
    • Toyota bearing installation bolts
    • Toyota o-ring seal
    The normal price of this bearing unit, pre-assembled and ready for install is: $175 each. This includes flat rate shipping within the United States (INCLUDING Hawaii and Alaska). Canadian orders see bottom of this post.

These will fit the following 4 wheel drive vehicles:
    2005 - 2014 Toyota Tacoma
    2003 - 2014 Toyota 4runner
    2007 - 2014 FJ Cruiser
    2003 - 2009 Lexus GX470
    2010 - 2014 Lexus GX460

For the Pre-runner:

• National brand bearing (Timken, GMB, or Koyo available)
    • FACTORY Toyota wheel hub
    • FACTORY Toyota hub nut
    • Timken bearing seal
    • Toyota Bearing installation bolts
    The normal price of this bearing unit, pre-assembled and ready for install is: $275 each. This includes flat rate shipping within the United States(INCLUDING Hawaii and Alaska). (Canadian orders see bottom of this post)

These will fit the following 2 wheel drive vehicles:

2005 - 2014 Tacoma Prerunners
    2003 - 2014 Toyota 4Runner
    2007 - 2014 FJ Cruiser
    2003 - 2009 Lexus GX470 (2wd)
    2010 - 2014 Lexus GX460 (2wd)

All assemblies are built in a fully ASE certified shop, by ME, an ASE certified Master Technician, using a 20 ton shop press. I build these units myself. Not someone else.

WHY are the factory and aftermarket bearings failing so often?
    During manufacturing the factory bearings are only lasting on average of 60k miles. This is not acceptable by any means. They are being built with inferior quality parts, and not by parts that can handle the heavy demand on today's Toyota trucks. Aftermarket bearings are in many cases the same. I have been building and installing these assemblies since March of 2011 at my shop in Marion, Alabama. I started selling them here near the end of July, 2013. This means I have been building these units for almost 2 years now. One thing that I have learned is that in manufacturing of ALL aftermarket bearings, there is insufficient lubrication. The Koyo bearing EVERYONE gets are really no different. They have a minimal amount of bearing grease in them. I take the already great Koyo bearing and add an additional amount of quality high pressure, high temperature bearing grease. This extends the life of my bearing assemblies. I improve an already great bearing. Each assembly is tested in my shop for smoothness of movement, bearing side tension, and free-play. This assures you that you get the absolute BEST assemblies available. I stand behind all of my units 100%.

Below you can see photos of the parts, and assemblies!

[​IMG]

Above you will see the Toyota o-ring, Timken bearing seal, Toyota hub bolts, and the National hub bearing assemblies.
    Also you can see the Dorman hub for the 4X4 setup, as well as the Toyota hub for the 4X2 setup.

Assembled 4X4 hub unit:

[​IMG]

Assembled 4X2 hub unit:

[​IMG]

Here is the proper way to press these units together.

[​IMG]

Some people place the hub and bearing assembly directly on the lower plate. This is not the correct way as it applies force to the bearings themselves on the inside. This can cause chipping of the bearings or races, resulting in premature bearing failure. By using a press sleeve underneath the assembly, and directly on the center bearing race it forces the pressure only on the inner races of the bearings, pressing the two races together, and pressing the wheel hub into place. This applies NO pressure to the bearing itself. How can you tell? Check out this short video I made that demonstrates this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhHbOe5SSZc&feature=youtu.be
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The process will include:

• Proper full greasing of the new bearing (NOBODY else does this)
    • installation of bearing seal
    • installation of mounting nuts
    • pressing of wheel hub into bearing
    • installation of hub backing nut and torque to spec.
    I have a new system I designed to pack these wheel bearing FULL with the appropriate high temperature, high pressure wheel bearing grease. Most bearings, including Koyo, Timken, National, and all of the others, come with an inadequate amount of lubrication. I pack these bearings properly.

I offer a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty (Whichever comes first) This is a personal warranty by ME and my company. Not any third party!

Please photograph your odometer when you install the hubs.

Again these are professionally built units, assembled by an ASE certified master technician (ASE identification number ASE-1923-5640) and are assembled in an ASE certified automotive repair shop.

Shipments to Canada are available, please contact me for details. Duty Fees and taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. Please take that into consideration when ordering from Canada. I can ship to alternate addresses in the US if requested.

[​IMG]

PayPal Merchant ID email address: Marionb2bauto@gmail.com

Ordering is simple and easy! You can now go to my website and order direct! Go to MarionBumper2Bumper.com and select the "Online Store" link on the home page. You can select your items there, and pay for them, 24 hours a day! Canadian orders, select shipping option 3 for one bearing, or shipping option 4 for two bearings. Also please note the inner seals are priced at $16 each, but cannot be ordered separately and still get free shipping. Also please note that it typically takes 2-5 business days for your order to ship.

PLEASE BE SURE YOUR ADDRESS IS ENTERED CORRECTLY WHEN YOU PAY INVOICE. I have had several customers who email me saying they forgot their old address was still on there. PLEASE just take a couple of seconds to be sure that the address is correct. Thank you!

--------

You can contact us by PM, email, or phone!

Phone: 334-345-0422 Send an e-mail to MarionB2BAuto@gmail.com, or send me a PM at BamaToy1997

Last edited: May 12, 2015
    06tacodude likes this.
  2. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:34 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D44/Ford 9"
    SAS.. Need I say more.
  3. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:36 PM
    dirtymike

dirtymike Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    orlando fl
    Vehicle:
    2nd gen
    Fiberglass,spindles, coils, 4"leafs, gears&locker, no skids :-/
    Why is prerunner 100 more for basically the same thing?

4. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    The wheel hub is different on the Prerunner due to bearing retention. They don't have them in the aftermarket yet (Dorman says they are in the works, but no production date yet) so I have to get the wheel hubs from Toyota.

5. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:39 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  6. Jul 27, 2013 at 4:44 PM
    PLC721

PLC721 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Chandler, Az
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Double Cab
    See Build in Sig
    Damn good deal, i'll remember this when the time comes again!

7. Jul 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM
    Supra TT

Supra TT Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2000 SAS D44/Ford 9"
    SAS.. Need I say more.
    I bought a timken bearing and it only lasted a few thousand miles on my 2nd gen :eek: Sad day

8. Jul 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    I'm not crazy enough to say every Timken, National, or Koyo bearing is perfect. EVERY item that is mass produced can have it's failures. That being said, Timken has been one of the top bearings in the US for decades.

Slick-Willie likes this.
  9. Jul 27, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun All go, No show

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!
    About time, you started talking about this months ago! Nice!

10. Jul 27, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    DoorDing

DoorDing Someone was there .

Member:
    bee keeper
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road 4WD
    Bill, this is an excellent service. I hope it works out well for you.

11. Jul 27, 2013 at 8:31 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, yeah. I know. The hardest part was trying to find an aftermarket hub for the Pre-runner, which I still have yet to find.

Thanks. I appreciate it. Now if I could find a low cost alternative for the 1st gens.....

12. Jul 28, 2013 at 9:06 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    UPDATED*****

Please check original post as it has been updated to include warranty information as well.

13. Jul 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
    Reeeno403

Reeeno403 hammerdownson

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Not a Stocko Taco.
    Hmmm I feel like I have recently heard of this goodness. I may utilize this in the near ish future!

Thanks OP

14. Jul 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM
    b.prall

b.prall Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    las vegas
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner sr5
    I have a little over 120,000 on stock front bearings, should I be worried that they are bad or going bad, light trail running, I will be looking your way when I do need to replace them, thanks in advance for this service

15. Jul 28, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2006 Campster Mobile
    My truck is MAGIC
    Interesting..... Price shipped to Calgary Alberta Canada?

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  16. Jul 28, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    Reeeno403

Reeeno403 hammerdownson

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma
    Not a Stocko Taco.
    Was hoping you would see this too. Curious what your thoughts are.

17. Jul 28, 2013 at 8:19 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2006 Campster Mobile
    My truck is MAGIC
    bro didn't I link you to it? :confused:

Nvm..you were in here way before me.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  18. Jul 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    PM sent

19. Jul 28, 2013 at 8:23 PM
    Texoma

Texoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    Poweraid TB spacer, a bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA 2035s headers and dey are perty, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, LR UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, 5 factory 16" steels wit Pep Boys special Dakota Definity MT's in 285/75/16, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more but it's alre
    I'm just curious how you properly full grease the new bearings. I have only been able to remove the aft portion of the bearing to pack with grease, the forward portion didn't want to be removed.

20. Jul 28, 2013 at 8:27 PM
    NYCO

NYCO ┌∩┐‹(ಠ_ಠ)›┌∩┐

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado/Vermont
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    hmmmm

To Top