1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FRONT WHEEL BEARING AND HUB SOLUTION - I've done the work, you save the money!

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by BamaToy1997, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Sep 2, 2013 at 8:38 PM
    BamaToy1997

BamaToy1997 [OP] ASE Master Tech Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    1997 Tacoma 4X4 AKA "Blue Beast"
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    This is how you can determine that the bearings are going bad. As you turn the wheel and the weight of the truck shifts towards one side or the other, it loads that side up. So yes, it does sound like you have at least one bad front bearing. If you turn to the right and the noise decreases, then the right bearing is the bad one.

2. Sep 3, 2013 at 6:32 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Multi-point tow hooks, new bored 2.7L engine, custom paint. 3 inch adjustable Fabtech front coils, 2.5 inch rear AAL. Front Aussie locker. LED bed lights. Full LED conversion interior and exterior. Relentless Fabrication front and rear bumpers. 4X4innovation sliders. BAMF bed rack. CVT rooftop tent.
    We have had great response on our Labor Day Sale that we have extended our reduced prices for another 30 days! (Maybe more!) Check the Opening post of this thread for price changes.

3. Sep 3, 2013 at 7:01 AM
    Kyouto42

Kyouto42 Iron Beard

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Ahwatukee, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BSP '10 4x4 TRD Off-Road DC
    See build thread in signature
    I'm glad cause I totally didn't realize there was a sale lol. Next paycheck I'm ordering up!

4. Sep 3, 2013 at 3:17 PM
    DR Da_da

DR Da_da Infrequent Member

Member:
    Northeast FL
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 V6 TRD Offroad auto access cab
    ToyTec ultimate lift, LR UCAs, TRD gen 1 CAI, TRD cat-back, bull bar, anytime fog lights, lighted 4x4 switch, factory SS step tubes, factory interior lighting package, factory VIP 3200 alarm, FJ TRD center caps, rear diff breather relocate, tint, bug deflector, Weather Tech liners
    If the noise disappears when turning right it could also be a symptom of the infamous front differential driver side needle bearing. But, I'd lean toward trouble shooting a wheel bearing first.

5. Sep 4, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Good morning everyone! Would have been in sooner, but had a doctor appt. Hope everyone is having a great day!

6. Sep 4, 2013 at 8:19 AM
    Davtopgun

Davtopgun All go, No show

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Central Alabama
    Vehicle:
    95 Tacoma Sr5 4x4
    Heavy duty 4.56 gears front and rear, ARB air lockers front and rear, WARN hubs, VIAIR ultra duty OBA, Addicted offroad winch bumper, Recon 10,500lb waterproof winch with synthetic line, ProComp Steelies wrapped in 35" general grabber red labels, dakar leaf pack with 2" toytec lift shackles, 10" Billies in the rear, OME 882's with OME Nitrochargers and LR UCA's in the front, WARN recovery kit, extra shackles, 60" Extreme Hi Lift, Hi Lift handle all, home made spare tire carrier, Stubbs welding HD SKO sliders, OTTRW Switches, 20" double row LED Lightbar, ARB Safari Snorkle, AFE Pro Dry S drop in air filter, Optima Yellow Top battery. Work in progress!
    I didn't even notice you had them on sale! Great deal just got better! Bump for you, my friend!

7. Sep 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2006 Campster Mobile
    My truck is MAGIC
    Did the parts come in?

8. Sep 4, 2013 at 3:02 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yes. I will have your assemblies out tomorrow, along with others.

9. Sep 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    Spoonman

Spoonman Granite Guru

Member:
    First Name:
    Jamie
    Calgary
    Vehicle:
    2006 Campster Mobile
    My truck is MAGIC
  10. Sep 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    No worries Spoonman. Thanks for the support!

11. Sep 5, 2013 at 5:12 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Good morning everyone!

12. Sep 5, 2013 at 8:56 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Spoonman, PM me your phone number. I need it for international shipp.

13. Sep 5, 2013 at 9:18 AM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    Puget Sound
    Vehicle:
    09 Offroad 4x4.
    IronMan4x4 Foam Cell Pro Fronts, IronMan 2" rear leaf pack. Relentless 1/4" steel skid plate. Weathertech Digital fit front floor liners. BAMF Sliders with kickout. HomerTaco Satoshi grill.
    I think this weekend at our meet I will finally take a look at my wheel bearing... told the wife to expect me to spend money on the truck. Of course, all needed repairs :D

14. Sep 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Cool. Well if you need them I will be here!

15. Sep 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM
    Maxcpaulus

Maxcpaulus New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Max
    TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Prerunner
    Ordered a set of bearings/hubs for my 08 prerunner last week and received them before the weekend. Since it's a daily driver I found this a good alternative to minimize down time and logistical issues. Pretty straight forward, took me 2 hours and 3 beers working at a relaxed pace. Thanks Bill for the quality product, convenience and piece of mind.

16. Sep 5, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Good to hear Max. I gots plenty of beer.

17. Sep 5, 2013 at 1:31 PM
    T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    The Game Has Changed
    Look no further, this is the man you wanna do business with when you need your wheel bearing assemblies. Got my 4x2 bearing assemblies shipped very quickly, and Bill maintained excellent customer service throughout the whole process. Despite a couple difficulties with another vendor, Bill worked with me while I gathered the funds together and assured I would be well taken care of, and did exactly that! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Once I received my bearing assemblies in the mail only 3 days after sending payment I opened the box to see they were well packaged and prepped for shipping appropriately. I immediately noticed how clean and new they were, for example, no surface rust and carefully pressed proving to be done in a very professional manner. I cant say enough how smooth this install goes when all you have to do is remove the old and bolt on the new :cool: Only took me about an hour and a half while takin a couple breaks as well. Very very satisfied customer here and will recommend Mr. BamaToy1977's business to anyone in need :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

18. Sep 5, 2013 at 2:39 PM
    Larzzzz

Larzzzz Grande' Ricardo

Member:
    First Name:
    Larry
    MA
    Aux back up lights, Bed lights, Re-located trailer plug, Good dooby, a.k.a. jumper cable mod
    SCORE!!! Just went and had a couple tires and a front end alignment. Bad bearing, again. I just replaced it 14 months and about 33k miles ago...sad. Almost worth keeping a spare on the shelf. Lol

19. Sep 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
    BamaToy1997

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Navarre, FL
    Vehicle:
    Well here we go. Anyone worth their salt can be willing to stand up and say they made a mistake. I think I made one here. A slight oversight that can be easily corrected. As you can see in the post above by Stefen, it appears that in my desire to get these out to him, I may have missed staking the backing nut. I do not see the signs of them being staked. I have already PMed him, and I would appreciate Stefen if you responded right here in my thread. I own up to errors here, and after your experience before, I don't want you to have any issues.

I hope you enjoy the t-shirt as well.

20. Sep 5, 2013 at 4:28 PM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    North DFW
    Vehicle:
    07 DCSB Sport Prerunner
    Grom iPod/Bluetooth adapter, mud flaps removed, clear turn signal bulbs, TSB leafs, two extra D-rings, debadged, fog light anytime, OEM bed mat, Undercover classic, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Fumoto valve
    I noticed this, and thought it was odd there was no staking mark after the issue he had elsewhere. :laugh: Good on you for owning up. :thumbsup:

To Top