1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Frontend Squeek

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by shifty_shift, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Mar 1, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    shifty_shift

shifty_shift [OP] New Member

Member:
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    SR5 stock 4x4
    I have an 07 Tacoma 4x4-80,000mi( my jobs requires a lot of travel which is why I bought a yota) anyway, day after christmas was driving around and the front end started squeeking when hitting bumps, the passenger front, still does it and now I've noticed it creaks when the wheels turn at a slow speed, like pulling into my garage and turning to make the corner in, almost sounds like rubber rubbing on asphalt, except my drive is gravel. Ball joints dont appear to be damaged, no play in the steering & the shock is not leaking. Dealer was thinking the grease for the ball joint is hardend in the winter months, it started doing it after the truck sat outside in
    -30F. Sits in a heated garage at night (40-50F) and doesn't seem too bad in the morning... any thoughts??, would the grease situation make sense??

Thanks

Not a full blown mechanic but I know the basics.

2. Mar 1, 2009 at 8:30 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rubicon Unlimited,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You could have something, like some grit of some sort, stuck in the front coils. Take a presure washer and give them a good cleaning.

3. Mar 26, 2010 at 10:02 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Almost there

Member:
    First Name:
    Oliver
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    AFE pro dry s, Husky X-act Contour
    did you ever figure this out? im having a shit ton of squeeking and every once in a while a jerk and clank in the front end. squeeking when im turning the steering wheel and than the clank driving forward at a slow rate

To Top