1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 1982 Honda CX500Turbo FEELER

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by 11TRD, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Apr 13, 2013 at 8:08 AM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    This is a Feeler thread to see if there is any interest.

Reluctantly I am putting up for sale my 1982 Honda CX500TC (Factory Turbo 19PSI). Unmodified from stock. It has 19,000 miles on it. I have had this bike for about 10 years and it has been the prized bike in my collection. They made less than 6,000 of these. A shoulder injury resulting in 2 surgeries is preventing me from riding 2 wheelers comfortably anymore so that is my primary reason for selling. I would rather someone get some enjoyment out of her than to sit in my garage. The Bike is located in Telford TN. Clear Clean title in hand and antique TN Tag. Never wrecked or dropped. There are some minor scratches here and there. And if you are familiar with these bikes there is a small crack in the Turbo exhaust side plastic. Very few cosmetic issues for a bike this old. I would rate this bike an 8 out of 10. These sell in the range of 4 to 12k depending on condition and mileage. I would entertain offers around 6k Heres a few pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

From Wiki:

The CX500 Turbo was released in 1982. The CX500 Turbo (also known as the CX500TC) was only produced for the 1982 model year. It was superseded by the CX650TC (CX650 Turbo) for the 1983 model year, which was itself discontinued the same year. It had a complex for the time, programmed fuel injection system with redundant fail-safe systems working in tandem with a separate ignition system. Electronic system failures were reported to the driver through two dashboard displays: an issue with the fuel injection system would light a "Fuel System" light on the dashboard and an issue with the ignition would flash the "TURBO" indicator.
    The CX500TC powerplant was based on the water-cooled V-twin with four pushrod-operated overhead valves per cylinder configuration used in the CX500 introduced a few years earlier. The engine case was retained nearly intact from the original CX500. The turbocharger, at peak boost providing approximately 19 psi boost nearly doubles the power output of the engine. The engine case is one of the few items carried over from the original CX500 to the Turbo; the suspension, brakes, frame and fairing all differ significantly from the earlier CX500, though the Pro-Link rear suspension and TRAC (Torque Reactive Andi-dive Control) were used on subsequent models.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Apr 13, 2013 at 6:20 PM
    RAT PRODUCTS

RAT PRODUCTS Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Farmington, MN
    Vehicle:
    Cummins Coal Roller
    Smokin with a smarty.
    This bike is nice! I've seen hundreds of old hondas, but not one of these. Nice bike collection you have there too.

3. Apr 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM
    11TRD

11TRD [OP] MERICA

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD SPORT 4X4 DC
    Cobra 29 WXNWBT, Devil Horns, ARB Bumper, Avid Stepbars, Homer Taco Satoshi thin lip grille, ICON UCA's, ICON EXT Travel up front with King 700# springs, Dakar heavy springs, sumo bump stops, with ICON VS 2.0 shocks in the rear, K&N Drop In, AVS Ventshades and Bugflector, Whelen SPS 660 emergency strobes, Redline Hood struts and tailgate EZdown, Illuminated 4X4 Switch, TRD Floor mats, Flyzeye LED lighting, Kragen 7" HID behind grille, Kragen 4" HID back up lights, Rigid SR Series 10" LEDx2 Elusive elements Lightbar, Firestik antenna, Rear Diff breather mod, Fogs anytime, Hitch Safe, OEM door sill strips, mryo mirror relocate bracket, Prinsu designs roof rack, Tepui Autana RTT, ARB Awning,Engo 10k winch synthetic, Blue seas fuse block and breaker, ARE Topper
    Thanks! TTT

Products Discussed in

To Top