1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 2012 TRD TX Pro Double Cab 4x4 - White

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by Sharky, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Sep 16, 2012 at 10:05 PM
    Sharky

Sharky [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    White '12 DCSB TX Pro (also retired)
    Handicap Parking Permit
    No longer for sale on here. Pursuing a local sale. I can't fund a trip out to "check it out" or pay you for missing work to come get it unfortunately. Good luck to all looking for a Tacoma. They hold their value well and are rock solid. You won't be disappointed when you get one, unless you are expecting to get it for less than at an auction. ;)

Tacoma.jpg
    Tacoma2.jpg

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  2. Sep 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM
    503TRD

503TRD Trucker

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Tualatin, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    '10 4x4 DC TRD Sport
    Front Bilstein 5100's Set @ 2.5", Rear Bilstein 5100's, Rear TSB, Rear 1.5" ToyTec AAL, 1" CB Drop Kit, N-Fab Nerf Steps, WeatherTech All Weather Rubber Floor Mats, Grillcraft Grill(Upper/Lower), Blacked Out AC Condenser/Radiator, Tinted Front Windows, Vision X H4 SuperWhite Headlights, Halo H10 Solaris Yellow 45w 3000k Fog Lights, K&N Air Filter, Removed Front Mud Flaps, 18" MagnaFlow Muffler, Chrome Exhaust Tip, TRD Logo Leather Shift Knob, LED License Plate Lights, LED Interior Lights, LED Reverse Lights, LED Auxiliary Reverse Lights, Chrome TRD Badge on Tailgate, Redline Tuning Elite Hood Struts, Disabled Seatbelt Chime, Foglights Anytime, ScanGauge II, 13" Stubby Antenna, Flyzeye Design LED Light, Cobra 19 CB Radio/Firestik II Antenna, 18x9 Raceline Raptors, LT275/70/18 Hankook Dynapro ATm, 1.25" Sidertrax Wheel Spacers, Heated Front Seats, LED Tailgate Bar, 11" Double Row LED Bar Behind Grill
    nice truck, GLWS! Sorry to hear about the bills to pay, hope you can get it all sorted out and get another new vehicle soon!

best of luck man

3. Sep 17, 2012 at 1:09 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Thanks, I think it's a great truck. It is the nicest truck I've ever driven. I'll be very sad to see it go, but I need to get all of the wonderful doctor's who have helped me and are now threatening to take me to collections. Their $1000 for a 25 minute visit is much more important in the grand scheme of things than me having a vehicle. ;)

Sorry to any doctors I may have offended. My step-mom is a doctor and my best friend is too. I have no problem with them getting paid for their work. I just think that when you're suffering from some stress induced problems then they threaten you with court, then perhaps it's a bit of a conflict when their bill is causing you to need treatment. They are creating repeat customers that need treatment for a massive ulcer by squeezing every last dime out of me and causing the ulcer to get worse! How ironic. :(

4. Sep 17, 2012 at 1:12 PM
    Large

Large Red

Member:
    I'm fairly certain this would sell in a few days, maybe a week at that price. GL bud, I know the medical bills are a paint in the ass from personal experience.

5. Sep 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM
    MikeCB600F

MikeCB600F 4 Cylenders of angry fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Plainfield, IL.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Reg Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover
    GLWS and get better.

6. Sep 17, 2012 at 6:32 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Thanks guys. I've got a couple of locals interested in it. It's always surprising to me how quickly people jump for a nice Toyota. Darn medical bills. I've been dreaming of one of these since the first time I saw a 4 door Hi-Lux in Africa. Then Toyota made the Tacoma in the 90's with 4 doors and I was in love. Maybe it will all work out and I can keep it. Dang dang dang. $150,000 in medical bills in the last 4 years isn't helping much. :(

7. Sep 17, 2012 at 6:38 PM
    cgs2k2

cgs2k2 old man

Member:
    damn, sorry to hear. good luck with all of this! money comes and goes... you'll be back in a tacoma in no time.

8. Sep 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM
    MikeCB600F

MikeCB600F 4 Cylenders of angry fury

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Plainfield, IL.
    Vehicle:
    2012 Reg Cab 2.7L 4x4
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover
    Holy shit:eek: I thought the $20K+ I spent on medical in the last 3 years was bad.

9. Sep 17, 2012 at 8:29 PM
    stmpjmpr

stmpjmpr Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    So Orange County, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma Sport MGM 4X4
    Give you 18k + 2002 4Runner limited w 112k miles. deal?

10. Sep 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM
    Tayysere

Tayysere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Taylorsville, Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 ImpulseRed DCSB
    Whereabout in Utah are you located? I have a friend looking for a Tacoma and we work in Sandy. Would you be interested in meeting up?

11. Sep 17, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    I am just down the road in Orem. I'm about 25 minutes from Sandy. I'd be glad to meet up if he wants to check it out. We can meet at Cabelas right over the point of the mountain. That's less than halfway for you, but about a 15 minute drive or so for me if the lanes are all open in Utah County. Or if you guys want to come down to Orem, I live really close to I-15 and the 800 North exit in North Orem. Just let me know when you'd want to meet up and you guys can take it for a spin and give it a once over. It really is as nice and new as I say it is. I barely drive and it is VERY well cared for. The longest trip it has gone on was from the dealership (Toyota Bountiful) to my house the day I bought it. I did take it to West Valley the other day and realized how amazingly smooth it is on the freeway. I felt like I was driving a luxury car. I think the Undercover really smooths out the ride, because once I drove to Lehi and it was pretty windy before I had the cover on and I could feel air catching a bit in the bed. Now the air flows over it super smooth and my mileage even seems a bit better (may be placebo, but I swear the truck is getting better mileage and runs at a lower RPM on the freeway.... it is at about 1800 RPM when cruising on the freeway at about 70 in fifth gear... that's practically idling... nice engineering Toyota!!!!).

12. Sep 17, 2012 at 11:55 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Not too bad of a deal. But I don't think I can work that one out because I'd have to take a bit of a loan back to make everything even out, and my credit union isn't too hip on anything pre-2006. They won't value it as high as I'd need it to be to make it work. I hope that makes sense. Basically I'd have to go in and take whatever money you gave me plus your vehicle and pay my vehicle off in cash, and then give you mine and the title and have yours signed over to me. I just don't think they'd lend me enough back on your 4R to even out the deal where I'd need it to be to do the full payoff I have right now.

These kind of deals are always complicated. I guess my best bet is to buy a vehicle from somebody else upfront that they approve, and then that sale is conditional on them buying my car from me a minute later with the proceeds off of their vehicle and any cash they are throwing in to the deal. Does that make sense? Unfortunately private party trades are always a bit wacky.

13. Sep 18, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    Tayysere

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Taylorsville, Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 ImpulseRed DCSB
    Bump for this guy. Clean truck

14. Sep 18, 2012 at 9:03 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Thanks. I talked to your friend through text early this AM. Then had an emergency and texted him about 4:30 apologizing about taking so long and never heard back. Did he change his mind about checking it out? No problem if he did. I understand and I just said I wouldn't show it to anybody else until I showed it to him when we talked this AM. If he doesn't want it then I've got a few other people that want to come take it for a spin and check it over. I just want to be true to my word and give him first crack at it if possible.

Thanks guys.

15. Sep 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM
    Tayysere

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Taylorsville, Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 ImpulseRed DCSB
    I didn't know that he was looking for a truck so quickly, but it turns out that he picked up a 2012 sport brand new from Karl Malone yesterday.

Good luck with sell man, honest and legit seller

16. Sep 19, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Thanks for letting me know. If any of you are local or somewhat close, please let me know if you're interested. I'm probably going to take it off the market here and just sell to somebody on the local classifieds as I've gotten lots of calls and was trying to work in order of contact, but thought I'd give a last check if anybody out there is looking for a 2012. I can obviously give a better price than a dealer as I took the initial depreciation hit and it is still under 1,300 miles total and has some nice added options like the Undercover Flex, but NO modifications to the frame, engine, brakes, interior, etc. I haven't chopped, clipped, removed, added anything that isn't a bolt on item (the factory skid plate and the undercover). Both items can be removed in five minutes and you'd never know they were there, but they are nice options and add some usability value to the truck.

17. Sep 19, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    Tayysere

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Taylorsville, Utah
    Vehicle:
    06 ImpulseRed DCSB
    Would you be interested in selling the undercover flex or the skid? I am interested in both of those.

18. Sep 19, 2012 at 10:47 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    No, I am including them with the truck. I don't feel like crawling around and removing parts. If somebody buys it and doesn't want them then I'll give them your name and they can sell them off to you if you'd like.

19. Sep 22, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    I'll give it one more bump just to see if I missed anybody that might be interested. Really, there isn't a nicer one out there.... and hey.... no having to go to a dealership! :)

20. Sep 30, 2012 at 12:27 AM
    Sharky

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Handicap Parking Permit
    Now my job is a goner. So I pretty much have no choice but to sell it (unless you all want to send me a few bucks every month to make my payment). ;)

Nothing like getting fired because you almost died. Nice of them to wait for me to come back at least I guess....

Anyway, price is down to about 30 grand. Vehicle has 1363 miles on it as of today. I forgot to add that I have the rear tailgate lock. Never installed it. It's still in the box. You can wire it up to the keyfob and have a sealed back with the undercover flex top. Works like a trunk and just as secure. It doesn't leak even a drop. Really nice setup. Drop me a line if you want an absolutely perfect truck with less miles than a demo and has been treated much better as well. I'll include the original chrome grille (and if you'd like it reinstalled prior to purchase, then I'll put it on). I will also install the tailgate locking system if you'd like, or will just include it for somebody else to install.

Products Discussed in

To Top