1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 2nd Gen ('05-'10) Clockspring SOLD

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by billyjoe, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Apr 18, 2011 at 12:10 PM
    Drabbit17

Drabbit17 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Costa rica
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 access cab
    If you know someone selling that clockspring, let me know please!!

2. Apr 20, 2011 at 1:36 AM
    billyjoe

billyjoe [OP] Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    You need Toyota part #84306-0E010. The 1st link is definitely NOT it. The 2nd is possible - the part # given is invalid, no such #. However, the one you want is indeed used in the Prius (also Camry, Rav4, Land Cruiser, Highlander, Matrix, Corolla & Tundra) as well as a Tacoma. So, I'd ask the seller if he sees another part # that resembles the one I gave you. Often there are two part #s on these things - one Toyota and another Panasonic.

Here's the real deal if your interested in paying more:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320638632071

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Apr 24, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    Drabbit17

Drabbit17 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Diego
    Costa rica
    Vehicle:
    05 sr5 access cab
    Perfect, thanks for the information.

Hey I'm planning on adding also the Bluetooth controller in the steering wheel. Do you think is it worth it? do you know if I need a different clockspring or something like that?

Thanks in advance
    Diego

4. Apr 24, 2011 at 11:04 PM
    billyjoe

billyjoe [OP] Taco Fever - I've got it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Richmond, VA
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB V6 4WD LTD
    Extang Trifecta Tonneau
    Bluetooth SW control uses same clockspring (84306-0E010).

HOWEVER, assuming you intend on adding this feature to your 2005 Access Cab SR5, you would have to aquire a Bluetooth Steering Wheel Control (BTSWC) & cable (connects to audio control module). Then, you would have to retrofit a 2010+ JBL Head-Unit (w/Bluetooth), Amp & Sub. Also, you'd have to find a suitable microphone since the OEM mic is integrated into the Rear View Mirror. Even if you currently have an older JBL system, more wiring will be required for the newer one. I've looked into this in detail and it's definitely an "advanced level" project - doable yes, but not economically practical.

A better alternative is to buy an aftermarket HU w/Bluetooth along with a Steering Wheel Control Interface (Axxess, PAC, etc.) that will allow you to use the OEM Steering Wheel Controls (Audio & BT) with the aftermarket HU. If you go this route make sure the SWCI supports "Voice Command" from the OEM BTSWC.

Myself? I finally decided it I didn't really want it or need it. A $30 BT-Earpiece accomplishes "hands-free" calling for a lot less time, effort & $. My conversation stays private and when I exit the vehicle the call keeps going. If I have the radio on during an incoming call, a quick press of a button on the OEM Audio SWC mutes the radio - VIOLA!. Also, my cell has built-in voice-command as well so what do I need OEM BT for? :confused: Answer: I don't! :cool:

Hope that helps! :)

Products Discussed in

To Top