1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: 3rd Gen 2016-20 (W/ TSS Bracket) Tacoma Grill Mesh - New Hood, Headlight, Fog Light Pieces too!

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2016-2023)' started by customcargrills, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Jan 16, 2017 at 5:10 PM
    oorah54

oorah54 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darren
    Guyton, GA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Tacoma Base
    It's sturdier than the cheap plastic thing that Toyota installs on there, if that is what you're asking.

2. Jan 16, 2017 at 6:58 PM
    customcargrills

customcargrills [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    We've had a few customers hit large birds (buzzards & turkeys while on the highway) and the grill will be damaged in the process. Last year I bought back some grills that had been damaged either by birds or car accidents to see what's happening.

Ones that I had put together, the mesh would hold onto the bezel but usually the mesh & bezel was warped, such as this one:

[​IMG]

Ones that customers had put together were a mixed bag depending on how much adhesive they were using. This one, was from an owner that had repeat buzzard on the highway incidents was done with a minimal amount of adhesive which is likely why the mesh disconnected from the bezel on impact. The bezel is warped, and the mesh did the job of preventing the bird from hitting the radiator but it was pushed back pretty far.

So, in short... it'll stop most birds that would you'd likely encounter. The good news will be that you likely won't need to buy a new radiator. The bad news is that you potentially might need a new grill. It's all part of the pros and cons of using aluminum mesh. You won't have to worry about rust but it's not going to be as strong as a steel equivalent.

marlinmonty[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. Jan 17, 2017 at 3:54 PM
    marlinmonty

marlinmonty Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.E. Oklahoma
    Thank you sir . Fine job answering an honest question with an honest answer .

MM

4. Jan 18, 2017 at 12:42 PM
    69TACO16

69TACO16 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Caledon, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM DCSB TRD 4x4 SPORT
    de-badged, tint front windows, led interior lights, door sill protectors, led b/up lights, 5" factory step rails, yellow turn signal bulbs, added 4 D ring tie downs. Took off the black vinyl stripes between the doors. Changed the grill - from Custom Car Grills, Finally got a tonneau cover put on. 31" light bar ( white & amber ), tailgate light bar, sunvisor covers ( to hide warning labels ), new bedside decals - still too cold to put them on tho. Flag decals to go on too, again too cold still. Got a 2 switch, switch plate to replace that useless cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel.. still to be installed ( hopefully this weekend ). Upgraded the tires to G/Y Duratracs... loving them, no plowing the driveway !!
    Sorry about your luck with Fed-up... I live in the Great White North - snow country... Canada, and mine was here in record time. Ordered /shipped out on Friday received on Tuesday. Woohoo.... can't wait to get it in.... hopefully tonight if its not too cold. Pics coming as soon as it gets on.

5. Jan 18, 2017 at 4:50 PM
    Khrolar

Khrolar Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vancouver Island
    Vehicle:
    4 door 2017 trd off-road,
    None... :(
    how much did you end up paying to get it across the border?

6. Jan 18, 2017 at 4:58 PM
    69TACO16

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Caledon, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    de-badged, tint front windows, led interior lights, door sill protectors, led b/up lights, 5" factory step rails, yellow turn signal bulbs, added 4 D ring tie downs. Took off the black vinyl stripes between the doors. Changed the grill - from Custom Car Grills, Finally got a tonneau cover put on. 31" light bar ( white & amber ), tailgate light bar, sunvisor covers ( to hide warning labels ), new bedside decals - still too cold to put them on tho. Flag decals to go on too, again too cold still. Got a 2 switch, switch plate to replace that useless cubby hole to the left of the steering wheel.. still to be installed ( hopefully this weekend ). Upgraded the tires to G/Y Duratracs... loving them, no plowing the driveway !!
    Shipping was only 30.00 us.

7. Jan 19, 2017 at 6:42 AM
    69TACO16

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    Caledon, Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Got my Custom Car Grill installed last night - woohooo !!! GRILL- CUSTOM CAR GRILLS.jpg I think it looks so awesome !!

Jaggerbub, Paemon and 20tacoma17 like this.
  8. Jan 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM
    customcargrills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Looking good. :thumbsup:

69TACO16[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jan 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    Paemon

Paemon Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ventura, California
    Vehicle:
    2019 CEMENT TRD OFFROAD 4X4
    OEM Roof Rack Pro SEMA Wheels Black Tyger Tonneau Cover Tacoma Pro Grill Lasfit Dual Color LED Bulbs Max-Rocket Nerf Bars Hondo Garage Phone Mount Westin Bed Mat OEM Predator Tube Steps Revtek Light Bar
    I got mine from customcargrills about a month ago. They are awesome! I got the flat black mesh and bezel. Easy to install. Added a TRD emblem to it. Highly recommend it. Only wish I was a member of TacoWorld when I did purchase it so I could get the 10% off and tailgate decal!

69TACO16 likes this.
  10. Jan 19, 2017 at 11:14 AM
    Oldman808

Oldman808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    2023 Taco TRD Sport
    Been looking at grill options for months and like the look of the pictures I've seen but was hesitant until I saw one in person. I saw a white debadged Taco just like mine coming down the street and noticed the white bezel right away from a distance, so I followed the guy for 3 miles, made a illegal left turn from the right lane so I wouldn't loose him lol. Caught up with him as he parked at a strip mall and immediately got out and asked him about his grill. Sure enough it was the perf ss with painted bezel and already knew it was a ccg. I called Matt right away and ordered mine with the small Tacoma badge separated/unglued so I have options. Will post pictures after receiving and installing it. Matt is a very nice guy with great knowledge!

:mudding:

customcargrills[OP] and 69TACO16 like this.
  11. Jan 19, 2017 at 8:17 PM
    20tacoma17

20tacoma17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB Sport AT
    Kings, 275/70/17, a few custom items, lots of Meso mods.
    Thanks and yea for whatever reason I just wasn't meant to have it last week. Well hopefully next week..

69TACO16[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jan 20, 2017 at 12:07 PM
    customcargrills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Got quite a few going out today. Amongst them are a trio of outlined sharp letters! Looking forward to seeing the installed pics of these.

Gloss Perf SS - Inferno Bezel - Inferno Outlined Letters:

Flat Black Reaper - Black Bezel - Inferno Outlined Letters:

Flat Black Perf SS - Black Bezel - Barcelona Red Outlined Letters:

Tcoma16 and 69TACO16 like this.
  13. Jan 22, 2017 at 2:50 PM
    cjbaker4386

cjbaker4386 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tacoma TRD Off Road
    Just ordered gloss black mesh insert!! Thanks for the discount!!

69TACO16 and 20tacoma17 like this.
  14. Jan 23, 2017 at 6:28 AM
    TravoHTX

TravoHTX 2017 TRD OR

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Westminster, Colorado
    I got the gloss mesh with flat black Toyota lettering, lovin it and I already get lots of compliments and a ton of people asking "Is that stock??". If anyone's worried about the durability, I installed this and immediately went on a 400 mile round trip camping trip and had no issues with whatsoever. I think this grill, although it has more holes than the stock, lets fewers bugs through since the holes in the mesh are pretty small. Highly recommend.

taco1.jpg taco2.jpg taco3.jpg

15. Jan 23, 2017 at 8:21 AM
    marlinmonty

marlinmonty Well-Known Member

Member:
    S.E. Oklahoma
    Looks good .

16. Jan 23, 2017 at 12:20 PM
    customcargrills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Nice install. If possible, send over some full res pics to my email and I'll include one in our customer gallery for our site. Thanks for sharing your experience.

17. Jan 23, 2017 at 6:53 PM
    Oldman808

Oldman808 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Planet Earth
    Vehicle:
    2023 Taco TRD Sport
    Ordered mine last Tuesday got it today and installed it in 15 minutes!
    Not missing the Kenworth
    front grill at all! Thanks again Matt!
    Dave
    IMG_1366.jpg IMG_1368.jpg

18. Jan 24, 2017 at 11:20 AM
    customcargrills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Nice install :thumbsup:

19. Jan 26, 2017 at 12:54 PM
    20tacoma17

20tacoma17 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB Sport AT
    Kings, 275/70/17, a few custom items, lots of Meso mods.
    Truck is dirty but installed my grill today along with the deflector. Just want to thank Matt for making sure this got to me with all the weather delays from last week. I cant be happier with the looks. Like everyone says, its like a completely different truck from the front.

Grill 2.jpg
    Grill.jpg

20. Jan 26, 2017 at 2:24 PM
    customcargrills

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Very pleased to see it finally on the truck :) Would love to see it out on a bright sunny day, to get a better glimpse on the black Toyota badge. Glad we could make this one for you.

Products Discussed in

To Top