1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Complete Hot Water Shower System, 26 gallon tank, Shower Tent

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade - Other' started by Iodine, Jan 19, 2019.

1. Jan 19, 2019 at 8:04 AM
    Iodine

Iodine [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Greenville
    Updated with prices for individual items.

Located in Greenville SC
    Asking $375 OBO for the complete package
    I listed msrp's or normal pricing you can currently find just for reference

Main items included:
    1. $130 shipped - including #5 below, 26 gallon water tank ($89 msrp) ***not drinking water approved***
    2. $130 shipped - Nemo Helioplis Shower Tent ($149 msrp)
    3. $50 shipped - Shurflo 3.0 Revolution Water Pump (~$80) with inline filter ($9)
    4. sold - EccoTemp L5 Portable Tankless Water Heater (~$115 when on sale)
    5. various quick connectors, hoses, fittings, and wire harness with connector ~$80-100+
    This whole setup has less than 10 uses on it. I used it on one 2 week trip, since then it has all been stored indoors. I did clean out the shower tent but it was used in utah so there is probably some dust leftover. Everything else is pretty close to like new condition.

Shipping the water tank might be expensive so I might prefer local pickup for that. I'm open to parting out this setup if nobody local wants the tank or to pay for shipping.

This setup is pretty versatile so it could be adapted to be installed and used in a variety of ways. But I also think it could be setup and used without changing anything. The tank would be strapped down at the front of the bed, then the PVC pipe is fixed to the bed rail, running towards the tailgate. If you needed to change up the lengths of the water lines or anything, it would be pretty easy as they are all standard fittings and hoses from your local hardware store.

Once the tank is mounted, you just need to run power for the pump, which already has an inline fuse and 80 inches of hook up wire to an Anderson Powerpole connector. You could add an on/off switch but I didn't use one since the pump will only run when you use it (on demand pump).

The shower head has at least 20 feet (need to measure) of flexible water line and a quick connector at the end. So when you want to use the shower you just hook the quick connector up to the end of the PVC pipe that is next to your tailgate and turn the valve. The valve should be closed otherwise to prevent leakage.

If you want hot water, you just need to hook up the Eccotemp tankless hot water heater. I am including the second water line, also with the quick connector, for that. The water heater has a gas line that hooks up to a standard 20 lb propane tank.

Finally, the Nemo shower tent can be setup for privacy. I set this up by myself easily in a few minutes. Taking it back down is also easy and fits back in the storage bag with little effort. This really was much easier than I expected. It's huge inside and has a hanger for the shower head and pockets on the walls to hold soap, etc.

20190119_101230.jpg

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  2. Jan 26, 2019 at 5:51 AM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    1 week bttt

3. Feb 2, 2019 at 7:14 AM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    Bttt

4. Feb 10, 2019 at 4:56 PM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    updated for prices on individual items.

5. Feb 13, 2019 at 8:37 AM
    Boz1285

Boz1285 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Vehicle:
    2016 Barcelona Red Tacoma Off Road
    BAMF grille, ARE Overland, PrinSu Rack
    Every day the gym on base doesn't have hot water in the men's locker room, i get closer and closer to buying this and showering in the parking lot

Iodine[OP] likes this.
  6. Feb 14, 2019 at 1:29 PM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    I hear ya! This was more setup for camping but you could have everything setup ready to go except the shower tent. That takes 3-4 minutes to put up and about 5 to take down. Or just string up a towel between the doors? When I used it, I did have to hook up the hot water heater every time because I used the propane tank for cooking as well, but you could have it all hooked up and mounted on the bed rails or something. The hot water is instant once you fire up the heater.

If you think you're interested let me know. I didn't think it'd be worth shipping the whole setup but I can get a shipping quote and work out a deal if you'd like.

7. Feb 19, 2019 at 9:49 AM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    Bump for anyone that needs to keep their girlfriend/spouse happy during camping trips :thumbsup:

8. Mar 6, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    Iodine

Member:
    Greenville
    Water heater has sold. I may be listing the pump and shower tent on ebay soon if I don't get offers here. just a heads up in case anyone was on the fence.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top