1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: FL: 1991 4runner 4wd $3000

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by pb4ugotobed, May 26, 2011.

1. May 26, 2011 at 8:28 PM
    pb4ugotobed

pb4ugotobed [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Figured I'd list this up here in case maybe someone local was looking for a 2nd rig, or just a good all around truck. I've got way more than 3k into it, but REALLY need something with a bit better fuel economy...

1991 Toyota 4runner has approximately 195,000 miles (currently 1946xx but I drive it every day). Overall it is in good shape. I am a Toyota mechanic, and this is my personal vehicle. I commute approximately 60 miles per day. This truck drives great. Ice cold a/c. I've owned it for a little over 2 years now. Always have used Toyota parts, not the cheap aftermarket stuff. There is way more than I can list here, but I'll give a quick overview...
    1991 4runner. v6. 4wd. Automatic transmission. 195k on truck.
    Good:
    Ice cold A/C.
    Engine rebuilt approx 20k miles ago. New seals/gaskets throughout. Runs great, no issues there. Doesn't burn or leak a drop of oil.
    New timing belt, water pump, seals done a couple months ago.
    Replaced transmission 15k miles ago.
    New radiator in january. Also installed electric fan at same time.
    Suspension lift (not body lift) with pro comp shocks
    33x12.50r15 pro comp mud terrains with good tread (at least 50%)
    full size 33x12.50r15 spare tire on rear mount tire carrier (super swamper)
    4x4 works great.
    added manual locking hubs (Toyota Aisin)
    oil changed every 2500 miles religiously.
    Differential fluids changed every year.
    And plenty more that I'm not thinking of at the moment
    The bad:
    drivers front seat has a tear in the seat bottom (you won't find one of these that doesn't). The rest of the seats are good.
    passenger side doors have rust at the bottoms. It's pretty bad. But I have entire doors to replace both of them, I just haven't had time to do it.
    The rear bumper is rusty, extremely common problem for those 4runners.
    Sunroof doesn't work with power. It slides open and closed, motor is good. Cables need replaced. Not a major deal to do this, It just never bothered me. If I want it open, I'll just slide it manually. It doesn't leak.
    There is 1 spot of rust in the passenger side quarter panel below the window. It is about the size of a quarter. Relatively easy repair.
    The frame and the rest of the body have no rust at all. Very clean. Really, it needs nothing to be a reliable daily driver. I've been commuting 60 miles ever since I got it. I bought it in *very* rough condition, not running. Rebuilt the motor, and have been addressing the rest of the mechanical issues as they come up. Really, there is nothing on the truck I haven't fixed. The only thing it has left to be perfect is installing the 2 doors, fixing a small rust spot, and a fresh paint job. I still get a ton of compliments on it as it is. I won't lie and say it's never been in the mud. It has. Not a ton, I take it out once every 6 months or so just to go play and my son likes to watch the mud splash on the sunroof. It will go through anything you point it at. But I also haven't abused it. I'll call it light off road use :) I have always said that I put way too much work into this truck to go blow it up or break it.

runner2.jpg
    runner1.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top