1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: NOS ACA XGL HID headlamps for 2001-2004 Tacoma (super quality, DOT-compliant)

Discussion in '1st Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (1995-2004)' started by 4xdog, Jul 10, 2024.

1. Jul 10, 2024 at 8:20 AM
    4xdog

4xdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint Louis MO
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma DC TRD, 2015 Tacoma DC TRD OR, 2008 Lexus RX350, 1962 Triumph TR3B
    ACA XGL HID headlamps for Gen 1 Tacoma (2001-2004)
    $600 shipped to continental US address

Here's an item you won't see every day. In fact, you might never have seen it before and might not again. :)

In the early-mid 2000s a Canadian company, ACA Performance, Inc., offered DOT-compliant HID conversion headlamps for Gen 1½ Tacomas (2001-2004). This new-old-stock XGL XP-3018 kit includes lenses, reflectors, HID capsules & ballasts (all Philips stuff), all associated wiring, and complete instructions. COO Taiwan

Note that this is not a DIY-modified setup -- or even a professionally-modified setup for that matter. These headlights were engineered and manufactured from the start to be HIDs. They're well made.

The lights have the typical projector lens of HIDs behind the polycarbonate flat flush lens design of the Gen 1 trucks. The bezel is bright chrome, and in the empty real estate in the corner is a sort of faceted reflector that looks like an auxiliary light, but really isn't anything more than a design detail.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's a gallery of a number of images, including the full-color instructions.
    https://4xdog.smugmug.com/Around-th...-ACA-XGL-HID-conversion-Gen-1-Tacoma/n-C9sPPR

I got this NOS kit at least a dozen years ago via a guy on Custom Tacos who bought and used a number of these conversions on a fleet of Gen 1 Tacomas driving remote mountain roads for his business, and this kit was one of a couple that had never been installed. It was originally shipped in January 2006.

It's been on my shelf since then, through two Gen 1 trucks, and as I'm moving states and am unlikely to install this on my forever Gen 1 (a 2003 DC), it's time for them to go to a more deserving home.

The headlamps are securely packed in the original packaging (appropriately padded) and that original shipping box has been protected inside a second close-fitting box. I'm sure the lights will travel well, but that also means they're sealed up and not available for additional photography.

Thanks for looking --

Last edited: Jul 12, 2024
  2. Jul 10, 2024 at 8:23 AM
    4xdog

4xdog [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint Louis MO
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma DC TRD, 2015 Tacoma DC TRD OR, 2008 Lexus RX350, 1962 Triumph TR3B
    At one point, I positioned one of the lamps on the front of my truck to get an idea what they might look like if I ever installed them.

You'll see my Gen 2 Lexus RX in one of these images, a vehicle with superb HID headlamps. Driving behind those for so many years now is one of the things that motivated me to get this kit back then.

(Excuse the lopsided positioning -- it was simply gently rested on the bullbar.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mechanicjon likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top