1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: RBP Grill

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by TacM31, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Mar 24, 2011 at 11:10 AM
    Onion27

Onion27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Dbl Cab PreRunner
    A little bit of an off topic question, but how do you like your projector headlights? Are they any dimmer than the stock headlights? What brand do you have?

2. Mar 24, 2011 at 11:40 AM
    TacM31

TacM31 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner Lifted
    6" Pro Comp Lift, aFe Magnum Force Intake, ATS Running Boards, Viper Alarm and Remote Start, RBP Grille, Custom Leather Seats, Flowmaster Super 44, Halo Projector Headlights, HIDs, Debadged, Aries Bull Bar, Bumper Plugs, 21" Stubby Antenna, Fog Lights Anytime Mod, Blacked Out Tacoma Badges
    Haha its okay. I love them! I heard a lot of bad things about these projector headlights but I haven't experienced any problems. Mine are just as bright as stock from what I've noticed and with hids they're very bright. The ones I have are made by a company called Spyder. Not all the projector headlights I've see are as nice as the ones I have. I've seen and talked to some people that got some from different brands and they weren't as happy with them so I'd keep that in mind. They weren't as bright. I think the Spyder headlights are the best looking out of all the others too.

Hope that helps! :D

3. Mar 24, 2011 at 12:02 PM
    Onion27

Onion27 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Dbl Cab PreRunner
    So you added HIDs after? Was that a tough install? Are the Spyders a plug and play install? I really like the look of these, but obviously don't want to loose any visibility.

4. Mar 24, 2011 at 5:22 PM
    TacM31

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner Lifted
    6" Pro Comp Lift, aFe Magnum Force Intake, ATS Running Boards, Viper Alarm and Remote Start, RBP Grille, Custom Leather Seats, Flowmaster Super 44, Halo Projector Headlights, HIDs, Debadged, Aries Bull Bar, Bumper Plugs, 21" Stubby Antenna, Fog Lights Anytime Mod, Blacked Out Tacoma Badges
    It was the first mod I had ever done on a car ever and I managed just fine so I don't think its a bad install. They are plug and play but for the HIDs you'll have to do some splicing. I have my halos so that they turn on as my parking lamps so that was the most difficult part if I had to pick one. With the HIDs i have more visibility and blind people haha.

5. Mar 24, 2011 at 8:58 PM
    TacM31

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner Lifted
    Sale Pending

6. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:45 AM
    TacM31

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    '05 PreRunner Lifted
  7. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:49 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING.MAYBE CHRIS4X4 WAS THINKING BAD THINGS ABOUT THE GRILLE.LMAO

8. Mar 25, 2011 at 6:50 AM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    your truck looks awesome

9. Jul 8, 2011 at 11:58 AM
    rbutler

rbutler New Member

Member:
    Will you sell just the emblems if you still have the grille?

10. Jul 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM
    kcrob1

kcrob1 Choot It!

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Montgomery, TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD SPORT CC/LB
    Adjustable Billies, Debadged, Painted emblem on grille Kenwood Double din, polk components, co-ax, polk 8" sub & polk amp, TSB springs, 6000K hids, FJ Wheels
    :cool:

11. Jul 8, 2011 at 9:10 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    So tempted.... I will chew on this for a day or two. I'm digging the satoshi job I did... but that is F-ing SWEET!!!!

I hope someone buys it so I don't have to!

12. Jul 8, 2011 at 9:12 PM
    Techoma

Techoma This is the Wild, Wild, West!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Alta Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Extreme Expo 05 PreRunner
    Dirty fives on Level 8s, 4.88 gears and Harrod Locker on rear. Cab Chop x2, MBRP Cat Back Dual Exhaust w Flowmaster 44 for punch, cut off at rear axle, Throttle Body spacer, Camburg UCA and Coil-Overs, Matrix Spindle lift up front ProComp extended travel on rear w\ Dakar leafs +, Panasonic HU w Front x2 and rear x1 camera, kicker 500 powering 2 JL Audio 10" subs, JL component speakers in front doors and JL audio coaxials in rear doors powered by alpine 600 amp. Cobra all in one CB, Easy Lift hood, and Easy Down Tailgate, Pop N Lock, Dual RGB Halo Projectors, Blacked out tails with HI intensity LED's, Scanguage II, AVID Custom sliders and Hybrid rear bumper, Pelfreybilt Hybrid front, Glock Steering Column Holster, 2 Hella's behind Satoshi on Avid light Bar, Decepticon Badges, 2x 24" LED ropes and 2X 4" HI LEDs to fire up Satoshi w Super Bright green Halo's. Under Hood lighting as well as RGB rock lights. PrinSu Cab/Shell Rack with FreeSpirit hard shell RTT, 28", 2x 20", and 50" LED Bars all controlled by SwitchPros and Weathertechs front and rear.
    Damn... missed the SOLD part!

Products Discussed in

To Top