1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: Stock Grills For Satoshi

Discussion in 'Buy / Sell / Trade' started by FLAtacoma05, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:15 AM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    3" Skyjacker suspension lift, MO951b 18x9, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Total Chaos UCAs, TRD Seat covers, Weathertech floormats, UWS LP toolbox, mudflap delete, seatbelt chime off, foglight mod, K&N Drop in filter,double limo tint, hose clamp mod, blacked out badges, rear diff breather mod
    Pensacola, FL US 3/30/2010 6:03am Out for Delivery!! :D Ill be doing a test fit after i get off work! Ill post pics tonight..

2. Mar 30, 2010 at 1:13 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Can't wait to see how they look. I'm feeling the need for a satoshi.

Also, is 209 the BSP color and is that the one that is out of stock?

3. Mar 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    Nice... pics!!!

4. Mar 30, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    StZu

StZu Where the White Women At?

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    18 Super White TRD Offroad
    Level 8 Wheels, Bilstien/Eibach lift, 2" aal, blacked out rear bumper, AC drain hose relocation, sound deadening 4 doors and back wall, amp/speaker upgrade, 10" daytona sub, LED interior lights.
    If these work out I will be ordering tomorrow!

5. Mar 30, 2010 at 5:30 PM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    UPS had left me a present when I got home :D it was a lot lighter than I would've thought. The shipping label only says 9lbs.
    I wasn't too impressed with the packing (or lack of is more like it) but it arrived in one piece. Here's a pic just after opening:
    [​IMG]

and one of the front:
    [​IMG]

and one of the back:
    [​IMG]

The quality appears to be decent. All I need is to make sure it fits before I start hacking it up. I'll have to do that on Thursday. It appears to be just a black plastic, I don't even see any paint at all on it. I'm thinkin I might just leave it black and satoshi it as is color wise. That might look ok on a Silver wouldn't it? Or if that doesn't look any good I've got a rattle can of primer and SSM color match paint, so I could always try that but would probably fail miserably as my spray painting skills on a scale of 1-10 are about a negative two haha. I'll post up more pics on Thursday with the fit test. So far it seems to be a good deal for the dollar.

6. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    3" Skyjacker suspension lift, MO951b 18x9, 285/65/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Total Chaos UCAs, TRD Seat covers, Weathertech floormats, UWS LP toolbox, mudflap delete, seatbelt chime off, foglight mod, K&N Drop in filter,double limo tint, hose clamp mod, blacked out badges, rear diff breather mod
    Well it came in tonight!

[​IMG]

The clips for the face part of the grille dont hold it flush to the main "body" its just loose.. im sure i can secure it with some adhesive..

[​IMG]

It fits perfectly!!
    [​IMG]

Not bad for $40 shipped.. Now its time to start cuttin it up and colormatching the face of it :D

7. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:15 PM
    JM76

JM76 Ride On

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2016 AC SR 4x4
    bone stock save for the block lift that came on it with the open country m/t.
    thanks, this might push me over the edge to buy one.:)

8. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    nice guys!!

9. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

ok, I see something very wierd!!! Look at the pictures CANADA posted, then compare them to the pics BULLZI511TACOMA06 posted. Look at the center of the grill...the part where the Toyota emblem inserts is different.

Did both of you get them from PartsGeeks? If so, that must mean there is more (at least 2) different suppliers/makers of the grill. Bullzi, you said that it fits perfectly, but Canada's may not? I'm sure you will let us know how it fits, but two different makers scare me a little when it comes to fit.

Also a big question is, how does the back look? Is it like the OEM one in thickness and design? I ask because when I do mine I want to do the zip tie method to attach the grill, and need the plastic to be strong and able to accept zip ties.

Thank you :)

10. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:39 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    I only quoted joeneill & pro60, I don't have a new grille yet. I do agree that they look different though....

11. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:44 PM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    Yeah they are a little different.. If you look on the SITE I got the first one listed and i think he got the third one down.. I got the cheapest one

12. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:45 PM
    blackwidow2009

blackwidow2009 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Cleveland
    Vehicle:
    09 Access Cab 4X4 TRD w/ SR5
    2.5" front lift Daystar coilover spacer. 2.5" rear lift add-a-leaf N-Fab wheel to wheel nerf/step bar Polished Stainless Leer cap from my 2000 Tacoma --- It does fit; don't let them lie to you

OOOPPPSSS My bad....your right, it is Joeneill and Pro60 that have the grills, not the other 2 I mentioned. But yeah, they look different...don't know if that means they fit different.

is the OEM grill a 1 piece or 2 piece grill?

13. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    Bullzi511Tacoma06

Bullzi511Tacoma06 KCCO

Member:
    Southeast Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Doublecab SR5
    So what's the deal with the clips not holding the front of it on? It doesn't snap into place or anything?

14. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    It looks like the oem grille is a 2 piece as well but it looks like its secured well together..Correct me if im wrong :) WHen i get back home tonight ill take a picture of the OEM grille clips in the back and the partsgeek clips.. Be sure to check back :D

15. Mar 30, 2010 at 6:49 PM
    AZtacoma05

AZtacoma05 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB TRD Off Road

Thats what I was wondering cause if that front piece comes off it's going to be WAY easier to color match

16. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:01 PM
    Chad

Chad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Is that black the Black Sand Pearl black, or is it some other kind of black?

17. Mar 30, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    Pro60

Pro60 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Thomas
    Pensacola, Florida
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 08 TRD OFFROAD
    Mine says its Black Mica..but i wasnt to worried about what color i got since im going to get it professionally color matched. NOw i just gotta figure out a way to secure the two pieces together and then start choppin away :D.

18. Mar 31, 2010 at 12:12 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    That gray grill is probably the one that comes stock on the 'base' models (the ones with the black fenders/bumpers).
    Hard to really tell the color here, but notice it's not black like the bumper...it's a really dark gray on the outside and black bars on the inside. It's probably really close to pyrite mica, but I don't think it's the same.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just had some debris on the freeway smash my grill and I'm going to replace it with the non-painted black so it actually matches my bumpers/fenders etc, don't know why they put a gray grill on it anyway.

19. Mar 31, 2010 at 3:41 AM
    TacoCat

TacoCat These pretzels are making me thirsty

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    22 JLUR 6MT
    I got the cheapest one also. Not sure why they are different... :notsure:
    For me it's a moot point because that center section will be going away soon enough anyway. I just pulled it out of the box last night to make sure it was intact and what I was expecting. I'll mess around with it more tomorrow and put it in for a test fit to make sure it fits nice and snug.

20. Mar 31, 2010 at 3:55 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    The surround part of a OEM grill has about 30 clips that are melted into the back of the larger portion. These little spots the clips go into are actually numbered on the OEM grill.
    Maybe the aftermarket ones are numbered as well.

Anyway, I found this out when I bought someone's OEM base model base grill & dremeled the surround off to get it color matched. The plastic welds so to speak were on pretty good, but once I cut the melted spots holding it on, it snaps off. I was just careful not to break the clips. The dealer prepped, painted & clear coated the surround for me for $100 since it was Impulse Red Pearl (not available as a factory option). To put it back on, I just melted the clips in the back again. In nicer weather, I am going to put it on, save my chrome surround for the winter months.

The grill pics posted here look pretty good for an inexpensive alternative & doing the satoshi mod. Glad it worked out for everyone, excellent find!! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top