1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FS: The Tacoma Tech Deck (new product)

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tacoma Parts Marketplace (2005-2015)' started by Tbird, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Sep 27, 2013 at 4:01 PM
    SWCCBEE

SWCCBEE So Cal Edition

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Santa Rita, GU
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner, SR5, TRD Sport
    WeatherTech floor liners, In process of Debadge, Leveling kit, Tires, Limo tint, Custom TRD SPORT Decal, "ImMrYo" Rear view lifting bar, Ultra gauge, relocated horn.
    Anyone use a mount for a garmin oregon?

surforegon likes this.
  2. Sep 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM
    hudhawk

hudhawk #texasforever

Member:
    First Name:
    Hudson
    California
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road
    Rust, lots of rust
    Forgive me of this has already been answered, but is it possible to use a 1.5" diameter RAM ball mount on the Tech Deck? I ask strictly because the 1" diameter ball is the only option listed for purchase on the website. Thank you.

3. Oct 3, 2013 at 5:38 PM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    Got it today going in very soon, just gotta get time. Awesome product guys thank you! Great service with no b.s.! Thanks again!

4. Oct 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM
    Valsmere

Valsmere Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    EXPENSIVE
    tail gate lock, rear view mirror bracket, hood hinge brackets, and the list grows.
    Installed easy easy easy. Thanks guys great product, sturdy as heck!

5. Oct 9, 2013 at 12:35 AM
    Tbird

Tbird [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    I answered this question privately...but thought I should share it on the thread.

There is NOT enough room for a 1.5" RAM ball ON TOP of the Tech Deck...but you could fit one underneath it. :thumbsup:

6. Oct 9, 2013 at 7:11 AM
    Hank4444

Hank4444 Member...?

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Daphne
    Vehicle:
    09 Sport DCSB
    Dog-Proofed Rear seat, 5100's, Rear TSB, Tranny TSB, Fog light mod, map light mod, DTRL mod, Volant CAI with ram air, UltraGauge, Blacked out emblems, extra D-rings, Bedlined front valance, Satoshi, Hella 500ff 55w HID, Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler, Leather arm rests, Weathertechs, Hankook Dynapro ATM, Oil catch can, URD MAF Calibrator, Wheelers HD AAL, Thule Roof Rack, OME 885x with Lean Spacer, RedLine Hood struts, Access LE Tonneau, LED Bedrail lights,
    I notice on your website that the mirror Riser is meant for "non-electric" mirrors. So does this indicate that Gen II backup camera equipped mirrors will not work with this product? Sry if dumb question, just slightly confused. I would think that electronics wouldn't matter when mounting it.

Fastbilly5 likes this.
  7. Nov 7, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    Mapcinq

Mapcinq Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    Just ordered one for my Nexus 7 and GPS... w00t. I was using a CD Tray mount for my Nexus, and it was driving me nuts.

8. Nov 15, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    VATACOEXP

VATACOEXP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    82 Hilux Flatbed.
    Got mine and it looks solid.

Little confused why you're selling Ram mount balls without the hardware to attach them to your deck though. Sort of useless if I can't attach the ball to the deck with what I ordered from you.

Other than that I like it.

9. Nov 15, 2013 at 5:10 PM
    Tbird

Tbird [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Santa Teresa, NM
    Vehicle:
    05 4X4 TRD Sport Access cab (white)
    ICON Ext.trav coilovers, rear ICON w/res. TC UCAs. All-pro 3" leafpac & U-bolt flip kit. Konig Countersteer offroad wheels. Goodyear Durtracs 260/75/16. Blacked-out badging, BHLM, Extra D-rings, Satoshi grill, SockMonkey "All Terrain" decals, Avid Off-road light bar and rock rails, Wet Okey seat covers. Weathertech digital fit floor mats. GROM ipod interface.
    We've addressed the hardware issue before in this thread due to other feedback just like yours. And we understand those thoughts.

RAM doesn't supply any mounting screws with their hardware. Of course that doesn't prevent us from sourcing our own and including them...but here is why we have not to this point...

There is an endless selection of hardware types that one could choose to mount their RAM balls to the TechDeck. That includes finish, length, head style. Two balls ganged in a mounting hole, or one ball per hole. Even Dawg and I (the developers and sellers of this product) choose to use different kinds of hardware in our respective trucks. The minimal additional cost is not a concern to us...it wouldn't even effect the cost to the buyer or our margin.

Our reasoning for not including mounting hardware for the RAM ball, to this point, has been to keep the hardware options with the buyer. If folks really want us to pick and supply hardware we can go that way. We don't want that to be the reason potential buyers decide not to pull the trigger.

KTM753 likes this.
  10. Nov 15, 2013 at 5:24 PM
    Mapcinq

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    I went to home depot and got some 8x32 machine screws and bolts.. 100 of each was $5.00. I have ram mount balls already, and they match the hardware they have.

11. Nov 15, 2013 at 5:30 PM
    VATACOEXP

VATACOEXP Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Hampton, VA
    Vehicle:
    82 Hilux Flatbed.
    I came off a little strong, sorry about that. Was just surprised when I went to test fit my mounts and there wasn't hardware. At the end of the day I see your point, and I should have read the site better.

KTM753 likes this.
  12. Nov 17, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    tmreyes1

tmreyes1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T-Rey
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD
    Finally ordered mine. Should be here tomorrow

13. Nov 17, 2013 at 7:45 PM
    SalmonTaco

SalmonTaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Naches
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver TRD Sport
    Brute Force bumpers, TRD FauxLocks, 5100s & 885s, Falken Wildpeaks, SnugTop MVP Shell, Tuffy Bed Box, Console Vault, Fogs anytime, ImMrYo mirror bracket, Wet Okoles, aFe Pro Dry S, PowerStop Z36 pads & drilled/slotted rotors, more shit I can't remember
    Most bike shops will have a good selection of M5 x.8 hardware in stock. Tons of lengths, finishes, head types, nylock nuts, washers, etc. It is the standard size for water bottle cages/rack bolts/fender bolts/lots of stuff.

Crom likes this.
  14. Nov 18, 2013 at 3:52 PM
    Mapcinq

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    Got mine in today, just installed it and mounted my Garmin on it. Looks good. Thanks, no more suction cups!

15. Nov 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM
    Boost JuNkY

Boost JuNkY Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vancouver, BC
    Vehicle:
    2003 TACOMA DC OFF ROAD
    35'S ON 3s
  16. Nov 19, 2013 at 6:43 AM
    nimrod712

nimrod712 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Hot Springs, AR
    Vehicle:
    '08 Taco TRD
    Anybody mount a GPS on the mirror riser? Just curious what that looks like...

17. Nov 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM
    Mapcinq

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    Pics of my tech deck:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crom likes this.
  18. Nov 19, 2013 at 9:35 AM
    tmreyes1

Member:
    First Name:
    T-Rey
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD
    So I ordered it Thursday and go it Monday. Very fast shipping. Here is a little write up on my install. I orderd the heavy duty as I will mount my tablet. Install is very straight forward.

Here are the holes for the 3 side screws. Just hold up the tech deck while the panel is still installed and mark the holes
    [​IMG]

Here is the top screws in place ehile the epoxy dries. Only need for the epoxy is to make sure the bracket does not move while installing the screws. The bracket was also machined very nicely
    [​IMG]

Here is the final outcome. Took maybe 30 minutes to install. The regular duty one should take half that.
    [​IMG]

I also purched the 1" ball and my other pieces will be here today. I will put pics tonight. Very cool product.

ready6delta and Crom like this.
  19. Nov 20, 2013 at 4:52 AM
    tmreyes1

Member:
    First Name:
    T-Rey
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD
    Now it is really finished. Decided to mount it under so it does not get in the way of the radio. when I get me tablet X-Grip that one will go on top and wont mind that one blocking my radio. Very satisfied

[​IMG]

Pirhett likes this.
  20. Nov 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM
    Mapcinq

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Ontario, Canada
    Jerry rigged up something to hold my tablet on my tech deck until I get a ram mount for it[​IMG]

KTM753 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top